autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face What should you to cleaning your car today?

Most of the guys use the Pressure Washer for cleaning their car. What is your process for cleaning car in this day? Do you have any experience to using a Pressure washer? If you have, please share your experience.
    What should you to cleaning your car today?-istock-479966184-e1480355157141-750x442-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What should you to cleaning your car today?

My Ryobi 1600/1.2gpm paired with a flexzilla hose and MGM hydro sg28 gun is a sweet thing.
    Much more control and a one handed operation.

3. Likes UncleDavy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was not really interested in a pressure washer until I received the SunJoe SPX 4000 from the wife for an anniversary present. Now I am hooked. It is a great way to blast the dirt and debris like bird deposits and bugs off of the surface without physically touching the paint. A foam cannon will be my next adventure and I am looking forward to it.
    The pressure washer will come in handy during our New England winters. I can blast most of the salt off the surface before I snow foam.

5. Thanks VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes DaveT435, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Since I live in Sweden we have 240v here as standard electric outlets. So I got the most powerfull of kärcher PW for 240v. The K7 Full Control Premium Flex with the specs 2600psi 2.6gpm from a 3kw electric motor. It has controls in the spray gun to adjust the pressure and the lance is a 3 in 1. With a 20 grade angle nozzle and turn it a step and I have a turbo nozzle and one more turn it's a chemical mix nozzle which is controlled the amount of chemicals mixing in the spray gun too. The Flex part in the name is that it's a more flexible hose and 33' long. I have bought different lances to it so I can switch to different length and nozzles with quick connections.

The foamcannon is those common ones made in Italy. It's a 1.25mm orifice original on them and I have just tested to switch the orifice to 1.30mm. To get a higher dilution chemical mix and still have a good foam from it. It's just between the need to switch up to the 1.30mm orifice so maybe I switch back to the smaller one. Cause the foam gets a little thinner when the pressure also lowers with the switch to the bigger orifice. The dilution is much more closer to 1:20 with the bigger orifice than with the original orifice that is around 1:15 on the max chemical output setting.

The snow foams is more developed in the EU and the offerings of them is large. This is with the cleaning ability and the different use of them in mind. There is TFR (traffic film remover) and alkaline based prewash foams and ph neutral LSP safe foams.

The cleaning ability from the PW is the biggest benefits IMO. That is so you get as a clean surface as possible before touching the paint when washing. The wash water hardly gets dirty after a wash even when you start with a really dirty car. And the chance to induse wash marring gets lower that way. One more benefit with a PW than a hose is you use less water amount with the PW.

Griots Garage BOSS foaming system that has just been released. Is much like the systems we use with the foams and the technique they use when rinsing of the foam. When you start the clean rinsing from the bottom and work your way up. You let the chemicals work as long as possible and you have easier to see where you have used the water pressure from the PW to clean the paint with.

Here is a picture from 4 weeks dirty car. The roads has not been so clean yet from the winter so the vehicals gets dirty fast. And the ph neutral prewash foam I use here is one of the best from alot of tests between different snow foams. I foam the prewash foam on a dry car so it can cling better and not rum down to fast. And it is also so it's not be diluted with the water left on the paint when you prerinse it.

I would recommend to look into the GG BOSS foaming system and the PW they sell to with the lifetime warrenty on it.

7. Likes UncleDavy liked this post