autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New 3D ACA Products!

Very nice observation and review.

Dan Tran
    The Buffing Moose Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post
    Today I used the new ACA compound with my Flex PE-14 and the lake country lambswool cutting pad (with the blue foam interface) on a 2002 black single stage toyota 4-runner that had never been polished. It definitely cuts more and runs much cooler than 3D 501 Cutting Compound and HD Cut+. I also tried it with my Rupes 15mk2 and a LC HDO microfiber cutting pad and it didn't provide anywhere near as much cut as it did with Rotary and lambswool.

Personally, most compounds seem to cut more with Rotary and Lambswool for me than with long-throw and microfiber. I know a lot of guys actually feel they get more cut with long-throw/microfiber but like Mark said, with this compound it just didn't provide even close to the same cut and performance as it did when used w/ Rotary.
    How would it be with a LC purple wool pad on the Rupes do you think? Or on short haired wool pad like Rupes blue wool pad and yellow wool pad?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    How would it be with a LC purple wool pad on the Rupes do you think? Or on short haired wool pad like Rupes blue wool pad and yellow wool pad?
    Probably pretty good. I haven't tried it yet though so I don't want to give bad information.

4. Thanks SWETM thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: New 3D ACA Products!

Talked with 3D yesterday and they confirmed ACA works with rotary, flex, RO. Cut may be different with each machine/pad but they are compatible.

Was told by a different distributor that smaller bottles (16, 8 oz) will soon (week or 2) be available.

Oily polishes are not to my liking either but will try the smallest bottle sample as it becomes available because of these new Ceramic Alumina abrasives.

But for now I still use and prefer the older HD Polish as my last step polish.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123