autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Best Foam Gun Setup

Forgive me if this is incorrect section. Seeking the latest, greatest Foam Guns for a Lexus RCF (Smaller vehicle)

I'm just completely lost looking at all the selections here. Anyone willing to give a newbie (to foam guns only) the Top 3-5 here in AG World, I'd be forever indebted to you!

Go with PM, have all post their Faves here, whichever way is best. I only use high end products, and want a high end Foam Gun System WITH Product too please!!

Semper Fidelis,

Gunny

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Foam Gun Setup

MTM Hydro PF22 Professional Foam Cannon

Chemical Guys HoneyDew Snow Foam 128 oz.

There are many other soaps that will work. This is a good one for foam and doesn't cost a lot. We'd need more details on how your car is currently protected to suggest the best soap for it.
    Bruno Soares

3. Thanks Gunny Fitz thanked for this post
    Likes Gunny Fitz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you looking for a foam gun to attach to the end of your hose or a foam cannon that requires a pressure washer?

5. Thanks Gunny Fitz thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Are you looking for a foam gun to attach to the end of your hose or a foam cannon that requires a pressure washer?
    Oh, good catch. I read that whole thing thinking foam cannon but he did say foam gun so my recommendation wouldn’t work.
    Bruno Soares

7. Thanks Gunny Fitz thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My question, too. I have two foam cannons that attach to a pressure washer and they are both awesome. But, it is a hassle to bring out the pressure washer just for that. I am still looking for something that generates modest foam but with faucet pressure. Haven't seen anything that jumps out at me yet.

9. Thanks Gunny Fitz, Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, Gunny Fitz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Route246 View Post
    My question, too. I have two foam cannons that attach to a pressure washer and they are both awesome. But, it is a hassle to bring out the pressure washer just for that. I am still looking for something that generates modest foam but with faucet pressure. Haven't seen anything that jumps out at me yet.
    Agreed...
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

11. Likes Gunny Fitz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Best Foam Gun Setup

Awesome response time guys! I sincerely appreciate seeing members helping each other out!

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    Oh, good catch. I read that whole thing thinking foam cannon but he did say foam gun so my recommendation wouldn’t work.
    You are both correct- I did not specify which type of system. Please allow me to explain........

Just scored myself an unreal 2017 "Ultrasonic Blue" with "Circuit Red" Lexus RCF last month. After being forced to sell my last prized Ducati Panigale Show Bike, I needed to find a replacement hobby for myself. I'm not new to Detailing by any means. Always loved the feeling of TRULY doing a vehicle over from wash, to Clay Bar, to every step involved with my Porter Cable 7424XP - on all previous cars Ive owned. The big one is the heavily modified 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel that I promised myself I'd get if I lived thru a year in Iraq in 2004-which said truck still sits in my driveway in mint condition (Therefore, I guess I lived)

Sorry. So anyway, this RCF has such a unique Blue Color its amazing!
    BSoares asked a very good question - How its "Protected" =Another Good Catch!
    Right now, I have nothing applied "yet" but in the next 2 weeks I will be having it seriously done w Suntek PPF & "Crystal Sereum" Ceramic Coating (Is that right guys?) I ask because they showed me the little bottol of that, a "C-Quartz" bottle and some stuff from "Gtechniq" as well. Forgive my ignorance and memory at the moment. I have a TBI caused from IED Blast Exposure, which impacts memory very bad! Anyway, I do extensive research on everything I buy, and narrowed these guys down from another Local Shop who uses Xpel and some stuff from CarPro. By doing exactly what Im doing here with you guys (Researching) is how I chose to go with the Suntek PPF. Truth be told there will always be Pros & Cons to every product right? So therefore, in a couple of weeks this car will be heavily protected (Almost entire car w PPF, but certainly with the Ceramic Coat covering whole car!) --So I hope this answers the question posed on WHAT the car will be protected with BSoares?

BTW- I'm a huge Pinnacle Fan! Own all their gear. Thanks to these endless discount offers sent out here at AutoGeek, I've started to stock up on products to wash and care for cars covered with both of these protectants. Any suggestions are always welcome on this type of stuff too! HENCE- which brings me to my main question guys.
    Which Brand & Type of "Foam disbursing Tool" would best serve me for keeping this Blue Gem mint?. NOT a Pressure Washer type unit.
    Guess I'll have to start doing some reading about the difference between Foam Guns & Foam Cannons huh? I want the best money can buy to use in my driveway, attached to a super thick / large hose with strong water pressure. Your aid in this is greatly appreciated my friends. Hell, if this Wash Method is NOT something I should be using on a car with protectants like this- I would much rather hear to from those who use these things, than ending up damaging this wicked expensive ride of mine! (BTW- I cant seem to attach any photos of it here either! The File Size limit is so small here Im overwhelmed at the restriction levels!)

So there ya have it my new friends! Have I left anything out? Oh, I do have a set of super hot "Black Chrome" 20" Staggered Wheels on it that were Ceramic Coated prior to mounting the Michelin PS4S Tires, although I believe the stuff they used was not high end. The Brake Dust this car puts out is absolutely insane! Matter of fact, that new Meguiars Ultimate Wheel Cleaner should be arriving anytime today, along with a kit of "Leatherique" gear too! Any comments on these is welcome- as is everything else. Despite my Marine "Affect" I do take constructive criticism very well. Truly sorry for the Novel, and the 10-15 minutes of your life I just took away. Back to you guys.....

Gunny Out............

Ps. These pics were already in my account here, so attached them for ya. Still trying on the RCF shots!

Post Thanks / Like

Your options are limited to what foam gun to purchase through Autogeek and that is a good thing. Makes it simple to choose.

A quick search in the store will show the same foam gun with a different product label. Pick whichever one is a bit cheaper. At one time I ended up picking up the quart size version of the Blackfire foam gun because it was about $10 cheaper plus the addition of a sale code.

Foam Wash Gun

I would also consider picking these quick connects up to make things even easier.

Single Brass Connector Shut Off Valve

Brass Male Quick Connects 3 Pack

Mike has a great write up on how to use a foam gun.

How to use a foam gun by Mike Phillips

Unlike a foam cannon, the foam gun is not going to give you that foam that clings to the paint. It is more of a runny foam. You will have to play around with how much soap to use to get the foam to your liking.

14. Thanks Gunny Fitz thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gunny Fitz...you've gotten some good replies, which I can not really add to....except to say thank you for your service.

16. Thanks Gunny Fitz thanked for this post
    Likes Gunny Fitz, Maxreed241 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Gunny Fitz...you've gotten some good replies, which I can not really add to....except to say thank you for your service.
    Wow man. I'm literally sitting here with eyes swelling up right now. I'm a pretty humble guy when it comes to this, especially compliments.
    Thank you so very much for those words briarpatch - As I may have said before, my TBI does bad things to my memory. Since Im somewhat new to this Forum, I don't think I ever posted this link / article here. If I did, forgive me because I seriously don't recall. If not....then this may shed a little more light on who I am, what Im about, and how extremely fortunate I am to enjoy the luxuries in life that we often take for granted. After selling this, my final Build Project, I was again in complete tears because I put so much love (and money) into it. I cannot ride anymore due to "issues" so it truly went to a good home.
    But now, my new direction is with this "Luxury Sportscar" as I guess its deemed. (Still cant load pics to show you!!)
    So anyway, here's that Link & Article. The CO who wrote it donated a set of 3k Carbon Fiber Wheels, which still breaks me into tears!

Retired Marine Corps First Sergeant Rolls with BST – Brocks Performance

Again,. many thanks to you BOTH for being kind enough to take time to educate me on these, and for your words.

Semper Fi !!

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast