autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Success!!

Thought I updated my situation here, but guess that was on my Lexus Forums Detail Section. Therefore:

Brought back the Greenworks 2200psi machine after multiple breaker issues and got the next model down (2000psi)
    Which was a total breeze to assemble in 10 mins and up and running! Connected my MTM Foam Cannon and played w the different settings to produce its foam. Sorry about the black border pics here , as usual I couldnt upload the actual photos, so had to Screen Shot them.

What I really liked was the 32oz bottle (Using Chemical Guys Honeydew Soap) was able to completely cover my RCF Coupe TWICE w pretty good foam. It really didnt roll off the car too bad despite what the pics depict. Let one coating sit for 5 mins before using the Green Tip to blast it all off. Then used rest of bottle for another coating, and my two super soft Wash Mitts in a bucket of soap to put a really soft touch to the surface. I'm very happy w the setup!

The car already had a nice coat of my favorite Pinnacle Wax (clearly visible in way water beaded up and ran off) BUT the only ##### I have is that the car truly does NOT have a slick feeling to the surface afterward - found by running a microfiber cloth on it. Therefore, back to my Spray Wax to do it again. Thanks to everyone for your support and assistance!

2. Likes UncleDavy, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Success!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny Fitz View Post
    Thought I updated my situation here, but guess that was on my Lexus Forums Detail Section. Therefore:

Brought back the Greenworks 2200psi machine after multiple breaker issues and got the next model down (2000psi)
    Which was a total breeze to assemble in 10 mins and up and running! Connected my MTM Foam Cannon and played w the different settings to produce its foam. Sorry about the black border pics here , as usual I couldnt upload the actual photos, so had to Screen Shot them.

What I really liked was the 32oz bottle (Using Chemical Guys Honeydew Soap) was able to completely cover my RCF Coupe TWICE w pretty good foam. It really didnt roll off the car too bad despite what the pics depict. Let one coating sit for 5 mins before using the Green Tip to blast it all off. Then used rest of bottle for another coating, and my two super soft Wash Mitts in a bucket of soap to put a really soft touch to the surface. I'm very happy w the setup!

The car already had a nice coat of my favorite Pinnacle Wax (clearly visible in way water beaded up and ran off) BUT the only ##### I have is that the car truly does NOT have a slick feeling to the surface afterward - found by running a microfiber cloth on it. Therefore, back to my Spray Wax to do it again. Thanks to everyone for your support and assistance!
    Happy that you found your setup that suits your need. We wrote about the kränzle PW and those are a big investment. I have seen one getting the new Sunjoe 9000 series of PW. It has the same specs as a kränzle with 2.0gpm and 1200psi. The downside is that's a no autostop when you don't use the spraygun.

But you have got a nice foam on your car. CG Honeydew snowfoam is a good prewash foam. When AGO get the GG foaming system that could be an interesting foams to test out. When you are applying a new coat of your favorite pinnacle wax. You can foam on your surface prep and get a squeeqe clean paint to apply it on.

Thanks for your update on what you went with Gunny! And hope you be satisfied with the setup.

/Tony

4. Thanks Gunny Fitz thanked for this post
    Likes Gunny Fitz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Success!!

Since exchanging the first Greenworks Power Washer due to consistently tripping the breaker (Defective Unit) I picked up their 2000psi one which works awesome!
    Just tried using the "Mckees" Soap which I believe worked out much better than the Chemical Guys one.
    McKee's 37 Xtreme Foam Formula High Yield Foaming Auto Shampoo- Foamaster gun car wash

This soap actually made a much thicker foam than CG and as I mentioned previously, the car actually felt "Slick" to the touch after using this one.
    Right now though, I have to attach the MTM Foam Cannon to the very end of the PW Wand which looks ridiculous, but maneuvering it around is clumsy.
    Thinking about getting myself a setup like this to make life easier using this whole new Foaming System of wash (Forget if Non AG links are verboten or not?)
    MTM Non-Swiveling Short Sprayer Kit - Obsessed Garage

Also, walking thru this place with drool on my shirt is awesome! ...Atlantic Pressure Washers - Power Washers, Parts and Accessories for Sale
    They have everything known to man when it comes to putting things together. Makes me think twice about returning this Greenworks for a step up in the PW World! They totally love your famous Kranzle gear Tony!!

**Hey, is it just me or does everything seem to be about "Blackfire" these days?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Foam Gun Setup

That Atlantic pressure Washers place looks really cool Gunny and it is not far from your house. I would like to go there myself. I have been using Chemical Guys Honeydew Snow Foam but that McKee's 37 Extreme looks interesting. I might have to try that next.

Post Thanks / Like

Many thanks my friend.
    Definitely give the McKees a shot. If you're an Amazon Prime Member it's best way to go.

Regarding my Blackfire comment- Is it just me or does there seem to be a massive advertising blitz on their stuff? Each order from AutoGeek I take advantage of the free gifts and even tried their soap (bucket wash) plus soap amplifier too, which is a joke IMHO.
    But, it's all trial and tribulations right? ��

Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire is owned by PBMG and the products that I have tried so far are pretty good. I have the BF-450 APC, Tire Gel, foam boost, microfiber detergent. The foaming car soap was mediocre. I had better results from Megs Hyper Wash and Chemical Guys Honeydew.

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE TO MY OWN THREAD:

I last reported on the acquisition of that Greenworks PW from Lowes (1800psi) Which worked fine, until the tiny aluminum piece directly above where hose connects broke off! Was well outside the 30 day Return Policy at Lowes, but thankfully know the Store GM well enough. Rather than deal with sending the unit back to Greenworks - he quickly grabbed this new Model of theirs off the shelf and did an outstanding swap for the broken one! 2000 PSI Electric Pressure Washer | Greenworks

For those of you who use Foam Cannons with your PW. PLEASE send me some links to What & Where I can find a whole new "Gun/Trigger" Piece that doesn't have the 1 foot Wand. (Know where Im going with this?) When you attach your Foam Cannon to the Stock Gun it makes it a bit more difficult to control when the whole attachment is almost 2 feet away from where you pull the trigger on the PW Gun. (Make sense?) Im guessing that w a lower end PW like this, one would need a whole new Hose w Quick Connect ends to snap in a shorter Foam Cannon? Trouble is- conveying this clear enough to where someone understands what I mean!

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE TO MY OWN THREAD:

I last reported on the acquisition of that Greenworks PW from Lowes (1800psi) Which worked fine, until the tiny aluminum piece directly above where hose connects broke off! Was well outside the 30 day Return Policy at Lowes, but thankfully know the Store GM well enough. Rather than deal with sending the unit back to Greenworks - he quickly grabbed this new Model of theirs off the shelf and did an outstanding swap for the broken one! 2000 PSI Electric Pressure Washer | Greenworks

For those of you who use Foam Cannons with your PW. PLEASE send me some links to What & Where I can find a whole new "Gun/Trigger" Piece that doesn't have the 1 foot Wand. (Know where Im going with this?) When you attach your Foam Cannon to the Stock Gun it makes it a bit more difficult to control when the whole attachment is almost 2 feet away from where you pull the trigger on the PW Gun. (Make sense?) Im guessing that w a lower end PW like this, one would need a whole new Hose w Quick Connect ends to snap in a shorter Foam Cannon? Trouble is- conveying this clear enough to where someone understands what I mean!
    Just buy from Matt at OG. Can get all of your quick connects, pistol grip wand and new 1.1 orifice for your cannon if you don’t already have one. I have the mosmatic along with the PF22 cannon. Much easier to maneuver and better performance.

Post Thanks / Like

You can also contact MTM - they also have all the guns/wands/hoses/quick connects as well:
    MTM Hydro Products

EDIT: They also have full packages of Hose/Gun/Connects - just call them if you have questions.

12. Likes Gunny Fitz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE TO MY OWN THREAD:

Hey Gunny. You might want to try MATCC Foam Cannon, Adams Foam Cannon, Spauto. Or you can customize your own by connecting a series of fittings that eliminates the wand.

14. Likes Gunny Fitz liked this post
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast