autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Foam Gun Setup

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    How much of water to the 2oz of CG Snow Foam in the bottle?

The max dilution ratio I would go with is 1:10. On the max chemical output setting it's useally dilute it 1:15-1:20. You can measure up what your setup has for the max chemical output setting from the foamcannon. If you fill the foamcannon bottle with 10oz water. And spray it empty in a bucket on the max chemical output setting. Then measure how much water water you get in the bucket. It would be around 150oz-200oz. The amount of water in the bucket divided with 10 and you get the dilution ratio your foamcannon has on the max chemical output setting. If getting let's say 200oz in the bucket you have a dilution of 1:20 from the foamcannon. And say you have 2oz foam soap and 18oz water in the foamcannon bottle. The dilution out from the foamcannon on the max chemical output setting is then 1:200 and if you have it on the minimal chemical mix setting you get 1:600. Depending on the foam soap I use I have 1:1 or 1:5 mixed in the foamcannon bottle and dilute it to be a great foam on the chemical mix setting.

Now the GG Surface Wash is very concentrated and they recommend to dilute it at 1:20 in the foamcannon bottle. I would think you are suposed to be have the max chemical output setting on the foamcannon. So 1oz of the GG Surface Wash and 19oz of water.

Foam soaps useally have a sweet spot. Where it's not to thin or to thick. With a to thick of a foam the foam gets too heavy and run off faster or it can cling to good and don't run off at all. And this is not effective and many think that it's good to be haveing a to thick of a foam. And if you have a to thin of a foam it's runs off to fast. So it's so you have to be testing your way to get a foam that runs off little by little during the dwell time to get it most effective to desolve the grime and lets the loosened particals to run off in the end.

This is when you use a prewash foam without any aggitations with it.

/ Tony
    Yeah I was putting in 100ml and filling 100 ml on snow foam. I did over dilute on GGSW and still worked well. Next time I will lower the volume of water.... thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Ryobi hose seems legit 40$ on HD online (exclusive).
    I think saw you post that here or another thread - definitely seems like a good way to go. I’ve held off on the 50’ hose + gun upgrade because I just don’t see it making my life $xxx better, but the Ryobi hose looks like a great super simple fix for the problem. Hadn’t noticed before that it comes with the adapter to thread it to the stock hose so you now have a 55’ hose if you need it.

Probably gonna get that hose and some quick connects for it. Have you had yours in use yet - how is it in action?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    I think saw you post that here or another thread - definitely seems like a good way to go. I’ve held off on the 50’ hose + gun upgrade because I just don’t see it making my life $xxx better, but the Ryobi hose looks like a great super simple fix for the problem. Hadn’t noticed before that it comes with the adapter to thread it to the stock hose so you now have a 55’ hose if you need it.

Probably gonna get that hose and some quick connects for it. Have you had yours in use yet - how is it in action?
    To cold to bust out the PW. I’m gonna get a second one and make a 70 footer if I like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678