autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Are You "Obsessed?"

After several PM discussion with Member SWETM here (a truly great guy!) He hooked me up with an awesome Company here in the States who seems to have / carry / build some seriously high end PWs and all around Detail Gear. What a find this "Obsessed Garage" is!

Obsessed Garage

I already reached out to the founder Matt Moreman to see what he can put together for me. SWETM passed on a real treat here - not only does the guy have superb gear, he has some seriously helpful YouTube vids, and Podcasts with all the big names in the Detail and Producst world too! (Hope it's ok to endorse other US Companies here?)
    I'll definitely be looking to do the PW and Foam Cannon now after all your help guys! Other than spending over 1k on something I'm always open and glad to see what you guys are running for a setup too! I'm a real "Visual Learner" so pics are always great too!

Thanks for staying with me with all the Threads on this stuff here. I always "try" to do my research on stuff instead of popping up threads w questions cold. Sorry, it's one of my pet peeves seeing a million threads when alot (not all) can be answered just by using the "SEARCH" tool!

Ps. Any Lexus owners here please contact me if you're not already a Member of the "Club Lexus" Forum! I'm lucky to have the same ScreenName on like 6 different forums on ALL my vehicles! Semper Fidelis!

(Finally able to figure out pics!)

2. Thanks SWETM thanked for this post
    Likes UncleDavy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Foam Gun Setup

I don't know if anybody posted this but Zach always has useful information.

Got rid of my Overpriced Karcher PW and bought a Cheap Ryobi & Upgraded it... way better setup!!

4. Thanks Gunny Fitz thanked for this post
    Likes Gunny Fitz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Thanks Guz!!

Hmm. Now I have so many gears turning in my head, I'm totally flustered (Remember my statement on how my brain has difficulty processing info?)

On one hand, spend hundreds, thousands, and on the other - spend small amounts on a PW and use info like this to turn it all into something that does the same thing- for a ton less. Let me think about that for a nanosecond. Hmm.

Not entirely sure which end is up right now, or who's making what to sell to who.
    I think I'll be reaching out to some of you guys individually, unless you find time to help me understand in a PM?

Hey Guz- thought of you recently because my buddy who got me into Cars & Coffee just drove out to Ohio to get this.
    (Let's hope these pics come out)

Post Thanks / Like

All pun intended here- I've pretty much thrown in the towel on this mission. The RCF is mint, being PPFilmed & Coated next week, but the two other home vehicles are a loss. My poor Ram sits outdoors 24/7 and when i just ran my finger across it yesterday it barely moved, or came off at all. Probably just bring it to someone who has the tools, knows what to do, and pay them. I am so friggin fed up with which to buy, to set up, to use - all of this is insane!
    Thanks for your help and suggestions guys. Can't believe the Marine in me is giving up, but I just cannot "Process" all of this stuff mentally with my damn TBI.......

Post Thanks / Like

Question Sun Joe 4000

Ok Ok.
    Finally did some extensive research, and took the advice from Davy here in my Thread.
    Looking like the Sun Joe 4000 will be the Unit of choice for my PW. However..It appears that they are so proprietary that you can only use their SPX-FC34 Foam Cannon, and not others sold here on AG. If this cannon is an inferior product, I would really like to know what "Adapters" or connective devices I would need to make this a more universal setup ya know? Basically, if someone could just tell me "This will work with that Sun Joe" it would be awesome! (Cannon, connectors, tips, etc)
    Will take a look back thru all your posts here to see if someone already mentioned it, BUT......
    If anyone knows this info off the top of their head-Id be most appreciative to see links to products that will help.

Thanks guys, you're the best!

Ps. Looked at the Sun Joe SPX4001 which has a hose reel, but the hose on this model is thinner so its easier to roll up.

Post Thanks / Like

It appears to me to have a normal, quick disconnect on the wand, which would make sense, because my SunJoe Spx3000 does. Any foam cannon can be used with it. I'm currently using a 20.00 Amazon cheapie, in which I swapped out the standard (1.25mm) orifice for the smaller (1.1mm) one....makes better foam that way

9. Thanks Gunny Fitz thanked for this post
    Likes Gunny Fitz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Got Myself New Power Washer & Foam Cannon

Ok Gents-
    So I picked up a Greenworks 2200 psi Power Washer, MTM Foam Cannon and all the equipment to run myself a true Foam Device! Even got myself a bottle of Honeydew, Meguiars Hyper Wash, and McKees Foam soap to try each one! Took a card from every one of yoos guys that helped me out. Went w Greenworks over Sun Joe so that there wont be any fitment issues with connections, etc. Friday is my Wash Day so I'm ready for Katie's Coffee Sat am, and another show Sun too. To this day I still cant believe I'm the only Lexus RCF present too! How can that be?

Had an Armytrix Valvetronic Exhaust system installed and Dyn'oed w 392 Rear Wheel Hp. This thing sounds sick! Let's see if I can attach some vids n sound for you all. Cant wait to see if I get same soap I saw on YouTube videos. Fingers crossed. Thanks guys!

*** Damn. Why are file loads so damn small here! This is ridiculous!!

Semper Fi

11. Likes PaulMys, UncleDavy, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am glad that you settled on a power washer Gunny. I just tried my foam cannon this morning with the HoneyDew soap and it was enjoyable. I have the SunJoe SPX FC34 and I mixed 2 oz of soap with 30 oz of water.

13. Likes SWETM, Jon TDS liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How ironic!
    After assembling my MTM Foam Cannon and filling it with a test amount of the same Honeydew soap, the Greenworks PW fired up and started spraying awesome amounts of foam all over the backyard fence I used to test it out. Inwas so elated that I got everything connected the right way and anxious to get started on a car! Then, the friggin PW tripped its breaker that's attached to the cord. Over and over it kept tripping it and would not stay on for more than 15 secs max!!
    I was so livid I boxed it all up and brought it back to Lowes all within an hour!!!
    Now I think I'm gonna go with a gas powered machine, but today will tell.
    Thanks for the support guys and I'll let you know what happens!
    Oohrah!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny Fitz View Post
    How ironic!
    After assembling my MTM Foam Cannon and filling it with a test amount of the same Honeydew soap, the Greenworks PW fired up and started spraying awesome amounts of foam all over the backyard fence I used to test it out. Inwas so elated that I got everything connected the right way and anxious to get started on a car! Then, the friggin PW tripped its breaker that's attached to the cord. Over and over it kept tripping it and would not stay on for more than 15 secs max!!
    I was so livid I boxed it all up and brought it back to Lowes all within an hour!!!
    Now I think I'm gonna go with a gas powered machine, but today will tell.
    Thanks for the support guys and I'll let you know what happens!
    Oohrah!
    I prefer the electric model because it is only running when you use it. It's too bad that it kept tripping your circuit. That must have been frustrating. Keep the MTM Foam Cannon for it should work with any power washer you use. Let's see those foam pictures when you finalize on a setup.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast