autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Poorboys strip down wax stripper

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    there's a big difference between a chunk of wax in a cup and a microscopically thin layer on your car, also it doesn't have to dissolve the wax it only has to break the bond to your car.
    Yes big difference, but I don't use big chunks.. I don't even use thin slivers.. what I end up with is very tiny particles size of food pepper/salt.

And to put things in perspective, acid will dissolve sealant/wax in a cup easily... to accomplish same feet on. A panel, it needs at least 3 wipe downs....so takes more effort to strip on a panel then it does sitting in a cup

As for Fbomb, it's a slightly stronger APC.. also foams up

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@ShineStruck View Post
    I'll go ahead and say placebo product, just like the others..
    It'll most likely just leave a sufactant behind to mask the LSP properties..
    I agree.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

I just think it's not conclusive to many variables. You can strip a wax with these products if it's been on for a little.

If you are ending up with salt and pepper dots I would say that means it's breaking it apart?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    I just think it's not conclusive to many variables. You can strip a wax with these products if it's been on for a little.

If you are ending up with salt and pepper dots I would say that means it's breaking it apart?
    No those are what's im carving it up to by using the serrations from a knife. Those thin lil dots arnt being dissolved by anything but acid
    Ph nuetral, high solvents, nor high alkaline arnt breaking them down..
    Wax will break down in a cup of acid easily..but takes more than a couple panel wipes with acid to strip an LSP

Post Thanks / Like

I'll post this here as well, I had very good results in the first test. I applied Zymol Titanium 3 days ago on the paint (not polish prepped beforehand). Washed today with 1 oz per 1 gallon dilution of Adam's Strip Wash with little impact, strong beading and quick sheeting remained. Sprayed Poorboy's Strip Down when wet on half the hood, went over the area again with the same mitt and the beading was dead during the rinse. No etching marks where it made contact on the paint.

On my front bumper I've had McKee's 37 SiO2 Paint Coating for 7+ months, extremely strong performance remaining and I tried Strip Down on a section. The coating was significantly damaged in various areas, not full removal but permanently impacted. Very cool, more testing to come!

After Strip Down:

Rinse:

On top of McKee's SiO2 Paint Coating:

Damage:

Just tried it today on top of 2 weeks old Gyeon Prime and Gyeon One on the other test hood after first trying LA's Totally Awesome APC. LA's didn't do anything to Prime, had a few small patches of damage show up on One. After Strip Down both sections had larger patch areas of damage, One more than Prime. So it's significantly more effective than a strip wash soap at high dilution and at least more effective than LA's TA.

6. Thanks KBsToy thanked for this post
    Likes ronkh57, james751993, SWETM, habs33 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll buy some and donmy own testing..
    I say give it the next morning and see if it still has lack of sheeting or if it'll bead/sheet again

I had meguiars wash plus+ do that

Post Thanks / Like

No those are what's im carving it up to by using the serrations from a knife. Those thin lil dots arnt being dissolved by anything but acid
    Ph nuetral, high solvents, nor high alkaline arnt breaking them down..
    Wax will break down in a cup of acid easily..but takes more than a couple panel wipes with acid to strip an LSP
    My point is that a given chemical doesn't have to completely dissolve wax it only has break the bond enough to be wiped away.

Post Thanks / Like

I say give it the next morning and see if it still has lack of sheeting or if it'll bead/sheet again

Its been said 100x beading and sheeting is not an accurate indicator of being waxed. Glass will bead water too

Post Thanks / Like

Sheeting is the best visual we have
    I agree with the beading though ..that all about contact degree

But obviously your statement also proves loaches results might not be accurate either...

My point with that post was give it more time as the surfactant hasn't been evaporated yet..which is why it didnt even sheet...it sheet later in the day

Post Thanks / Like

I say give it the next morning and see if it still has lack of sheeting or if it'll bead/sheet againhttps://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1577911

Similar result here. I used Meguiars Wash Plus+ on a car that had not been waxed since Fall, but had a coat of Hydro 2 put on 2 wks ago. It went from beading to sheeting after Wash Plus, then back to beading after Iron X and clay.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast