autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

CQuartz UK 3.0 now released!

Was scrolling through Instagram and saw that CQuartz UK 3.0 was released here’s the write up of what they claim.CQuartz UK 3.0 now released!-img_9703-jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CQuartz UK 3.0 now released!

Well the grabby removal is why I don't use the CQuartz coatings. Hated the removal. If this truly easy removal I will try it again.

3. Likes zmcgovern45 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    Well the grabby removal is why I don't use the CQuartz coatings. Hated the removal. If this truly easy removal I will try it again.
    To me the ease of removal depends on the conditions you’re in and towel you are using I’ve used CP a couple times in 70degree weather as well as 45degree weather. And UK in 60 degree weather high humidity. A couple things I’ve noticed is that the
    1. You don’t want your towels to be too thick.
    2. UK for me had a very quick flashing time 1-2 minutes
    3. CP was grabby in All conditions
    4. Don’t use the suede towel Cquartz gives you it’s not the best to remove the coating
    Hopefully someone on this forum will get access to it and have a review on it. What coating do you prefer to use?

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using Gtechniq CSL. Pleasure to apply. Great all around coating.

6. Likes Ronin47 liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

UK 3.0 still no Tio2?

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve heard good things about gtechniq and gyeon will have to try them out one day. What’s the lifespan on some of their coatings?

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Breese147;1566322]To me the ease of removal depends on the conditions you’re in and towel you are using I’ve used CP a couple times in 70degree weather as well as 45degree weather. And UK in 60 degree weather high humidity. A couple things I’ve noticed is that the
    1. You don’t want your towels to be too thick.
    2. UK for me had a very quick flashing time 1-2 minutes
    3. CP was grabby in All conditions
    4. Don’t use the suede towel Cquartz gives you it’s not the best to remove the coating
    Hopefully someone on this forum will get access to it and have a review on it. What coating do you prefer to use?

How thick is too thick a towel? I used Carpro Orange Boa Towels on removal, a pretty thick towel IMO, and got perfect results. I had chose such because I can recall Corey himself previously mentioning using the Boa Towels.

Yeah, CQ UK is a little grabby upon leveling-smoothing, and you don't dilly dally, coat an entire side, then come back to level, I predict you will have problems, but it laid down perfectly for me, and the surface appeared like a sheet of glass after.

There's a short learning curve with removal, as you're not laying down some super slick detailer spray

Oh, and just last week received two 50ml Bottles of the old CQ UK I ordered. I am completely happy with this version, and at 25% off on the AGO Sale, I did good.

Hopefully within the next month or so, I'll be re-correcting and again re-coating every last square inch of my Tahoe, short of yanking Door Panels Motor, and Headliners! LOL

10. Likes Breese147 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Breese147 View Post
    Don’t use the suede towel Cquartz gives you it’s not the best to remove the coating[/url]
    I disagree. Those are the only towels I use when removing any coating. I use them in pairs; one for the intial wipe and then a second as a follow up buff. The initial wipe one is changed out every 2 panels and the second buff one is swapped out 3-4 times per vehicle. Once done, I drop them into a bucket of cleaning solution to keep them from hardening. Works great and zero lint.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

12. Likes Rsurfer, Sicoupe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    I disagree. Those are the only towels I use when removing any coating. I use them in pairs; one for the intial wipe and then a second as a follow up buff. The initial wipe one is changed out every 2 panels and the second buff one is swapped out 3-4 times per vehicle. Once done, I drop them into a bucket of cleaning solution to keep them from hardening. Works great and zero lint.
    Maybe it’s my folding technique? I like having my towel folded a little larger than my hand. With those towels I find after folding them that much that every wipe they want to unfold. How do you fold yours when wiping?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast