I have some various combos of cqaurtz on the front bumper of my car that I did a year ago. Cquartz has done fine in that year with this car sitting outside in the Southern California weather. Can't attest to harsh snow conditions or harsh chemicals So that is going to play a factor as well with any coating.

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
I use Cquartz coatings a lot and find no issues with longevity. With that I always use Essence as my base-coat/polish when doing so. Although I've done that with McKee's too and found both last quite well. I'm still not a fan of Gliss due to it doing nothing more than adding slickness. I still find it does not add any hydrophobic gain. In the end, I have 1 Bottle of UK2.0 left to use and 1/2 bottle of the standard Cquartz to use up. I may buy a 3.0 today to have it on hand as I will continue to use just their coatings.
I think the misconception is that some think Gliss is supposed to be more hydrophobic. When it is not supposed to be. It was designed to add that anti-water spotting, slickness and whatever other claims are on the side of the box. It kept the same 110 degree contact angle as their base coatings (CQUK and TiO2). Which makes sense. Some may not want a topper that loses some of the hydrophobic properties of the base layer such as Reload.

CQUK has that typical tacky feeling. It's not slick. So Gliss is there to add that slickness on top as some may prefer to have something that lasts longer instead of say Reload. Reload doesn't have that best contact angle but it does leave the surface slick. Which brings it back to Gliss having that 110 degree contact angle to mimic the behavior of the base layer. Have not tried out my bottle of CQUK 3.0 yet so I don't know how it feels upon application.

TiO2 is slicker than CQUK and there is a marginal feeling of slickness compared to Gliss. Again both having that 110 degree contact angle.

Comparing Gliss to Skin is an apples to oranges comparison. At least that is my personal thoughts on it. They have a different chemical make up. Gliss would best be compared to Gyeon Booster.

It is like comparing Skin to Exo when Exo is really a base layer coating but often used as a topper. The 120 degree of skin is pretty awesome though.