autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CQuartz UK 3.0 now released!

Quote Originally Posted by estcstm3 View Post
    So i didn't realize you needed to use more than one applicator suede when coating a car. Is that unique to Carpro or all of them? I watched a kamikaze ISM coating vid and the guy only used on suede applicator for the whole car (and just two total towels).
    Not specific to this product but overall, I have found it best to swap out applicators in certain situations. Sometimes depending on environmental temps/humidity, it seems they get grabby as if the product is starting to set-up on the applicator. I flip them over part way through first then just toss them.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Not specific to this product but overall, I have found it best to swap out applicators in certain situations. Sometimes depending on environmental temps/humidity, it seems they get grabby as if the product is starting to set-up on the applicator. I flip them over part way through first then just toss them.
    It's all pretty much a matter of how quickly you work w/ regard to the applicator cloth. The coating begins to get tacky after a bit as coating residue cures on the applicator cloths. I'm usually moving kinda slowly so like TTQ B4U mentions, I usually flip the cloth half way thru one side and then new cloth, flip halfway thru for the other side as well.

Different products have different levels of tackiness and curing times on the cloth; when the cloth starts to drag a bit, that's when I usually flip or go for new. Application conditions play a roll as well; if you're applying inside a a temperature and humidity controlled building you'll get further with fewer cloths than if you're working in an 80 degree open garage.

As for the vid, I'd guess pros who have done this hundreds of times know just how far and fast they can stretch applicator cloths and removal towels. Since I often have no real idea what I'm doing, I err on the side of caution, especially with removal towels...likely using more than I need.

It's all really dependent on product and conditions; the most forgiving product I have used has an extensive application/removal window (meaning it's gonna cure slowly on the applicator cloth) so I easily can do the entire side of a large van with one cloth, switching/flipping for the other side. Other coatings I flip/switch more often. Gyeon One, for instance, comes outta the bottle pretty thin but once it hits the cloth, gets tacky quick. I used more applicator cloths using that product than I have for any other.

Post Thanks / Like

So i didn't realize you needed to use more than one applicator suede when coating a car. Is that unique to Carpro or all of them? I watched a kamikaze ISM coating vid and the guy only used on suede applicator for the whole car (and just two total towels).

Thanks!
    You may not need to. But having used the old formula in the past I got used to using 3-5 applicators as they develop the slightest bit of friction on the surface. The old formula used to get tacky, the New didn’t, but still changed applicators as needed. Keep in mind I did 2 layers, so the applicator count is fir both layers. I think the box had 5 or so applicators.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone done durability tests on CQuartz? The only one I have seen is on Youtube where the guys puts several coatings on a hood and let it site in the backyard. He washes the hood once a month using a pressure washer and a wash mitt.

Anyway, CQuartz failed super quickly in his test... Like in a mather of months, not years. Anyone else experienced this?

I have never tried this product because I have read several times that it is tricky to apply. And I am really happy with McKee's 37 paint coating so far.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!
    With McKee's 37 Paint Coating I use a single microsuede cloth for the entire car. I flip it about halfway through the job just in case it had picked up something.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Has anyone done durability tests on CQuartz? The only one I have seen is on Youtube where the guys puts several coatings on a hood and let it site in the backyard. He washes the hood once a month using a pressure washer and a wash mitt.

Anyway, CQuartz failed super quickly in his test... Like in a mather of months, not years. Anyone else experienced this?

I have never tried this product because I have read several times that it is tricky to apply. And I am really happy with McKee's 37 paint coating so far.
    My Touareg with CQUK (original) was at almost 2 years and still holding up pretty good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using Mckee's paint coating but was having problems with it once it got hot and humid. So I tried out the CQUK 3.0. In 90* heat and 65% humidity, it applied and removed just fine. Call me a fan. I was getting very good durability out of the Mckee's so I hope this one will too.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Good video.

I follow Sandro(car craft) on YouTube. He is one OUTSTANDING detailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post

I use Cquartz coatings a lot and find no issues with longevity. With that I always use Essence as my base-coat/polish when doing so. Although I've done that with McKee's too and found both last quite well. I'm still not a fan of Gliss due to it doing nothing more than adding slickness. I still find it does not add any hydrophobic gain. In the end, I have 1 Bottle of UK2.0 left to use and 1/2 bottle of the standard Cquartz to use up. I may buy a 3.0 today to have it on hand as I will continue to use just their coatings.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    I'm still not a fan of Gliss due to it doing nothing more than adding slickness. I still find it does not add any hydrophobic gain.
    Was kinda curious why it seemed somewhat short lived on your now CanCoated vehicle.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast