autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CQuartz UK 3.0 now released!

Quote Originally Posted by Breese147 View Post
    I’ve heard good things about gtechniq and gyeon will have to try them out one day. What’s the lifespan on some of their coatings?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    I've enjoyed all the Gyeon coatings I've used; CanCoat, Mohs, Mohs + CanCoat, Mohs + Booster, Prime, Prime + CanCoat...all except Gyeon One. It came out very nice, very forgiving w respect to leveling/removing high spots after completion. Unfortunately, it was the tackiest coating to remove that I've ever used. Spoke with an Autopian who used it, said it was more arduous to remove than Cquartz UK.

Their recent Syncro release shows some real promise; Mohs base + Skin topcoat. Mohs by itself is a very solid, long lasting and durable product but on it's own lacked some of the gloss, feel and water behavior of other coatings. This could be somewhat mitigated by topping with Booster (approximating their pro-only Durabead offering) or topping with CanCoat. The Skin component of Syncro addresses Mohs perceived shortcomings in terms of feel, gloss and water behavior. It's got the craziest beading behavior in terms of movement of any coating I've used. Nicely formed beads that fly across the panel with the slightest shot of air; it's really entertaining to play with. If it has the longevity and durability of Mohs, it's going to be a very, very good choice. It's apparently a consumer-ish version of another of their pro-only product Duraflex. Gyeon makes some very solid products.

As for Gtechniq (Crystal Serum Light) it was a favorite to apply and look at...right up until it was released into the wild. I topped with Gtechniq Liquid Crystal C2V3 and it was among the poorest I've used w respect to self cleaning, most notably water spots. Although water spots were easily removed with a wash, other vehicles with a variety of other coatings stayed much cleaner with no intervention. Oddly, about 2 months in, it start doing much better in that respect, maybe after the C2V3 wore off? Have heard that topping CSL with Gtechniq EXO provides excellent water behavior and self cleaning...may give that a try at some point as I really liked application and looks of CSL...a very 'classy' look.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breese147 View Post
    Maybe it’s my folding technique? I like having my towel folded a little larger than my hand. With those towels I find after folding them that much that every wipe they want to unfold. How do you fold yours when wiping?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    I've tried that/those towels as well and couldn't get em to work well either. I'll generally use Gyeon PolishWipe or BaldWipe towels for initial removal/leveling, followed by Rag Company Wizard or similar 'plusher' towel or two for final buff. The low nap Carpro towels work well also.

While I have used Cquartz once, and us was a quietly solid performer, never got around to UK version. Have heard many good things regarding it's durability so I'll likely give the new UK a try when it hits the bigger suppliers like Autogeek/Autopia.

Fun stuff...

2. Likes Breese147 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For me I used the suede towels

Had no problems with them.
    I think it's important not to let the coating sit to long.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    Well the grabby removal is why I don't use the CQuartz coatings. Hated the removal. If this truly easy removal I will try it again.
    +1000
    -Goose
    2007 Avus Silver Audi RS4
    2018 Black Redline Edition Chevy Silverado

Post Thanks / Like

I had zero issues applying the original UK. Super easy on and off. I then applied Gliss after 6 hours and that was like applying any good paint sealant. Super easy on and off.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

6. Thanks Avi@CarPro thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: CQuartz UK 3.0 now released!

We did a short video while i was in our new factory in Korea showing how to use the latest CQUK 3.0
    mind you the car is our test mule car so not polished before and applied under direct sun to show the most extreme conditions.
    Most important to remember is to cover the surface as even as possible, with no high spots, and while using the same applicator to apply flat and even coats, we pour our liquid coat on one round area on the applicator as you will see in the video, of course always work panel by panel. About 4 suede applicators should be needed to coat a car.

Note that humidity still can play factor here so always test before doing the whole car. As you will see here very easy and simple to apply.

Cquartz UK formula stayed the same! Only fine tuned. So durability stayed the same as before.

CarPro - Small usefull tips for an even better CQuartz...

any questions are welcome , and excuse me for my horrible accent :-(

Post Thanks / Like

Just used CQUK 3.0 today on an Audi R8 V-10. Amazing stuff. Our conditions are 100 degrees, with about 10-15 % humidity. Key is to work very small sections at one time, 3.0 flashes almost instantly, quickly wipe using the sued MF towel, flip and wipe with the other side, then I have Gold Plush Jr. 16x16 folded in 4ths and do several passes after.

I go through A LOT of sued and MF towels. When a body panel is complete, I grab a fresh MF and wipe the entire panel again, overlapping areas I haven't done yet... just in case.

So far so good!!!!

9. Likes Goonie75 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good video.

11. Thanks VitreousHumor, Rsurfer thanked for this post
    Likes FrankS liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSNAutoDetailing View Post
    Just used CQUK 3.0 today on an Audi R8 V-10. Amazing stuff. Our conditions are 100 degrees, with about 10-15 % humidity. Key is to work very small sections at one time, 3.0 flashes almost instantly, quickly wipe using the sued MF towel, flip and wipe with the other side, then I have Gold Plush Jr. 16x16 folded in 4ths and do several passes after.

I go through A LOT of sued and MF towels. When a body panel is complete, I grab a fresh MF and wipe the entire panel again, overlapping areas I haven't done yet... just in case.

So far so good!!!!
    Hi. A new endeavor in life is leading to this coating. Curious as to any lent issues with CQUK. I think the suedes have minimal lent issues from what I've read but if lint got on the coating as it dries is it "stuck" there forever kind of thing and visible or is that not the case or unlikely?... I'm trying to get a handle on the curve.

Thanks in advance....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

CQuartz UK 3.0 now released!

I just used CQUK 3.0 today. It was so much easier than the last version. The included applicators (suede) work just fine. I used 4 applicators to complete 2 coats on my VW Alltrack. The coating flashes super quick and needed minimal leveling. I found using the included suede towel worked good for a first pass at leveling and then using a gold MF finished it off awesome. This new 3.0 version is super easy to use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

14. Likes Goonie75 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ebg18t View Post
    I just used CQUK 3.0 today. It was so much easier than the last version. The included applicators (suede) work just fine. I used 4 applicators to complete 2 coats on my VW Alltrack. The coating flashes super quick and needed minimal leveling. I found using the included suede towel worked good for a first pass at leveling and then using a gold MF finished it off awesome. This new 3.0 version is super easy to use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

So i didn't realize you needed to use more than one applicator suede when coating a car. Is that unique to Carpro or all of them? I watched a kamikaze ISM coating vid and the guy only used on suede applicator for the whole car (and just two total towels).

Thanks!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast