autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

SIO2 spray sealant help

For the love of God my heads gonna explode!...lol I have been searching and researching with an effort not to become a product chemist or expert. I am just an old school average Joe who bought a new vehicle with prepped naked paint, trim and glass. I would love to enter into the world of coating technology for my daily driver. That said I am not looking to stock my garage with a ton of products designed for multiple surfaces. I would like find a very versatile product that can be used on many different exterior surfaces and I realize durability may not be the same on all surfaces from said product. It would still be better than wax in my mind.

I want a sio2 coating product that can be sprayed on any vehicle exterior dry surface / applicator pad and applied like a wax to paint, glass, plastic, wheels, moldings/trim . Is that asking to much?...lol I have been looking at Gyeon Can Coat but there has to other products in this catagory that are true SIO2 spray sealants.

These manufacturers do not make it easy to compare ingredients and product capabilities and application. Whats to hide??? Sure would eliminate the frustration and confusion. Maybe some one should come up with a cross reference chart for these coating products to show product grade, surface material compatibility, type application...etc, etc. Any way I want to say THANK YOU for everyone who responds and contributes there knowledge, experience and wisdom for all in all the posts on the forum daily.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: SIO2 spray sealant help

Britemax Remax SiO2 Hydrophobic Spray Sealant

Would fit your needs. And great ON ANY surface.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Pro 4x!

Seems right in line with my needs. Do you know what the sio2 percentage is? I think Can Coat claims 10% for comparison.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    Britemax Remax SiO2 Hydrophobic Spray Sealant

Would fit your needs. And great ON ANY surface.
    What a bargain at $30.00 for 24 OZs!!!! Does the paint have to be as pristine as a coating before applying??

Post Thanks / Like

I went on there site to see if I could obtain more info but as I am finding most do not publish solids (sio2) content percentages in the spray on's. This does look interesting but I wonder if it is not capable of being a stand alone sio2 coating due to low sio2 content and more of a sio2 coating maintenance quick detailer sio2 topper.

Post Thanks / Like

Optimum Hyper Seal is also really good

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like it will work as a stand alone: " Manufactured with ceramic silica technology that leaves your surfaces hydrophobic for up to 6 months, Britemax Remax SiO2 Hydrophobic Spray Sealant can be used as a standalone product or as a booster for your Britemax Amethyst Quartz Ceramic Coating or Britemax Igneous Quartz Ceramic Coating."

Post Thanks / Like

I did read that but marketing is marketing. Do you know what the product sio2 percentage is? I think that would help me understand its potential better and be able to compare against others.

Post Thanks / Like

Btrahin, thank you!

Do you know what the sio2 content % is?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfenne View Post
    I went on there site to see if I could obtain more info but as I am finding most do not publish solids (sio2) content percentages in the spray on's. This does look interesting but I wonder if it is not capable of being a stand alone sio2 coating due to low sio2 content and more of a sio2 coating maintenance quick detailer sio2 topper.
    Products that were at one time primarily focused on being coating maint products have seemingly recently been re-focused as stand alones.

I'd stick with CanCoat; it'll last longer.

11. Likes The Guz liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast