autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SIO2 spray sealant help

Quote Originally Posted by WristyManchego View Post
    One other very similar coating is Tac Systems Moonlight. Gets great reviews, is in line with Can Coat and from reading, not experience, has less application issues with the trade off of slightly less gloss.
    I thought Moon-product was in the 15% range while (according to Gyeon Jeff), CanCoat is actually near 30% despite what Gyeon website says. From experience using both, CanCoat is *far* more substantial and long lasting. That Moonbeam stuff did not go well for me...used it on top of WG Uber Ceramic and it totally gooned up the self-cleaning benefits of the coating (dirty water spots after a normally cleansing rain). Hadda polish off the Moonbeam and the WG Uber, just couldn't get it 'right' again. The Moon must shine brighter in the UK though cuz they love it over there.

2. Likes ronkh57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I thought Moon-product was in the 15% range while (according to Gyeon Jeff), CanCoat is actually near 30% despite what Gyeon website says. From experience using both, CanCoat is *far* more substantial and long lasting. That Moonbeam stuff did not go well for me...used it on top of WG Uber Ceramic and it totally gooned up the self-cleaning benefits of the coating (dirty water spots after a normally cleansing rain). Hadda polish off the Moonbeam and the WG Uber, just couldn't get it 'right' again. The Moon must shine brighter in the UK though cuz they love it over there.
    I don't know how you get talked into trying all this stuff...…….

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ronkh57 View Post
    I don't know how you get talked into trying all this stuff...…….
    Yeah, well....you still have a large balance in the 'credit' column for introducing me to the Far East.

5. Likes ronkh57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

25% according to their website.

Not sure why you’d cover your ceramic that was performing well with another ceramic of unknown (to you) quality. What’s the point of having a ceramic in the first place?

Post Thanks / Like

25% according to their website.

Not sure why you’d cover your ceramic that was performing well with another ceramic of unknown (to you) quality. What’s the point of having a ceramic in the first place?
    Used it on it's own as well, curiosity led to using as a 'booster' on ceramic as many do.

Good lesson regarding product 'synergy'.

Post Thanks / Like

Used it on it's own as well, curiosity led to using as a 'booster' on ceramic as many do.

Good lesson regarding product 'synergy'.
    Yeah, fair enough.

I’ve always had a bit of a thing for unnecessary products made just to sell more gear, ceramic ‘booster’ products are at the top of my list.

Along with grit guards and most leather ‘conditioners’.

Don’t get me wrong, I have a grit guard but it’s a cheap Chinese knockoff and is used primarily to keep my microfiber mitts off the bottom of the bucket when the wash is over. I’m on a bit of a rant here but no one ever mentions the issue of dirt being suspended in the suds at the top of the bucket. I can guarantee you that not all the dirt effortlessly drifts to the bottom. That’s not how dirt/grit works.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, fair enough.

I’ve always had a bit of a thing for unnecessary products made just to sell more gear, ceramic ‘booster’ products are at the top of my list.

Along with grit guards and most leather ‘conditioners’.

Don’t get me wrong, I have a grit guard but it’s a cheap Chinese knockoff and is used primarily to keep my microfiber mitts off the bottom of the bucket when the wash is over. I’m on a bit of a rant here but no one ever mentions the issue of dirt being suspended in the suds at the top of the bucket. I can guarantee you that not all the dirt effortlessly drifts to the bottom. That’s not how dirt/grit works.
    Yeah, a lot of the entertainment for me is 'buy & try'; sometimes I think the interest in the process exceeds the interest in results. Fun, though...maybe like the cliche'd 'Women and lotsa shoes" thing SIO2 spray sealant help

Always picking bugs and stuff outta the foam in bucket; lotsa trees around. Still, Grit Guard part of the setup...although not 2 buckets.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeh for sure, it’s the responsibility of a good detailer to do exactly that hey!

Professional curiosity is key but I think some manufacturers play on it hard.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ll play devil’s advocate and say that I think the SiO2 sprays look very nice, protect pretty well and I like them so far. I should note though that I’m not using them to top coatings... just as a awesome shine boost on top of whatever LSP I have on.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234