autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SIO2 spray sealant help

Quote Originally Posted by ski2 View Post
    What leads you to this conclusion? Have you seen a comparison with other spray on ceramic boosters (like Britemax ReMax) that can also be used stand alone??
    I've messed about with a few coatings/boosters here and there, basically going off what I've seen with my own eyes/experiences.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PiPUK View Post
    Thanks! Just popping my head in to get a feel for any new trends!
    Please stick around if you can! Many of us value your knowledge and insight even if it occasionally contradicts internet hear-say or marketing ad-copy.

3. Likes ski2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Why focus solely on an Sio2 product? There are lots of spray on, wipe off products that can be used on everything on the car. Using the word coating on the type of product you seem to be looking for is using it very loosely.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Jaretr1,

Yeah I guess my expectations/needs may be stretching the intended range of application with a coating product but I am just a DIY'er who is old school in approach looking to stay that way while trying new technology. Guys enjoy the laugh....I have used turtle wax Ice products for years on every single surface of my daily drivers with terrific NON PROFESSIONAL results. My goto was the paste wax and quick detailer. I waxed and maintained all surfaces without staining or degrading any surface using 2 products only. That said I realize the durability was week and why I would like to explore a similar approach with newer technology to have better durability with the least amount of products purchased as a non professional.

Are there multipurpose products for the interior or because of the sensitivity of vinyl, fabric leather materials you must use specific products....another laugh opportunity, I have used Tuff Stuff for years for carpet and fabric and Areospace 303 for vinyl/plastics. Are there newer technologies for these products?

Post Thanks / Like

Damn straight duragloss and power lock can whoop up on some silica powder puff spray sealants with exception to the goat “can coat”

Post Thanks / Like

Wait until they start selling diamonds essence and micronized diamond flaxseed compound lll be doing double backflips

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mgavin1985 View Post
    Wait until they start selling diamonds essence and micronized diamond flaxseed compound lll be doing double backflips
    Well, there is a coating mfg who touts their top of the line product as "...diamond infused 10h hardness". Guess it has a bit of carbon in the mix or something.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m going to have to edit it to platinum since budgetplan1 found a diamond reference.

10. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Check over on Autopia for SiO2 sprays. I’ve been testing them and sharing the results. I can’t do it here because there are non-AG products in my testing. I can sum it up though. All the cheaper SiO2 toppers are the same as far as looks and durability. The more expensive Polish Angel products look the same but last longer. Anyone that wants to dispute this, show me side by side pictures.

12. Likes glen e liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfenne View Post
    BudgetPlan1 Thank you!

I am looking Gyeon Can Coat as my front runner simply because they spell out what it is and state sio2 content %. That said there has to be competitors that are very similar but my dumb A$$ is struggling to find and compare them. Do you know of others like Can Coat?
    One other very similar coating is Tac Systems Moonlight. Gets great reviews, is in line with Can Coat and from reading, not experience, has less application issues with the trade off of slightly less gloss.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast