autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

NEW - Mckee's 37 Headlight Coating (Sio2 Enhanced)

2. Thanks Jaddie thanked for this post
    Likes Jaddie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEW - Mckee's 37 Headlight Coating (Sio2 Enhanced)

I am looking forward to trying this. This is a constant problem I have yet to be able to overcome. Hopefully this product will do the trick!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it is more for keeping new headlights looking new and protected. Not so much for use after a headlight restoration. The use on glossy plastic trim sounds interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Going to use this tomorrow!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

6. Likes ScottH liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Scott,

Review please
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    Sounds like it is more for keeping new headlights looking new and protected. Not so much for use after a headlight restoration. The use on glossy plastic trim sounds interesting.
    Nick posted a demo video on the McKee's facebook page using it on a set of RV headlights that he used the all in one headlight polish. Seemed like it went on and off relatively easy.

Here's the full description from his site.

McKee’s 37 Headlight Coating is a nano-glass ceramic coating designed specifically for polycarbonate headlight and taillight lenses. This high-solids formula adds an extra film of clear coat over new or restored headlight lenses, leaving them crystal clear and well-protected for up to 3 years. Designed to prevent UV-induced fading and discoloring, applying McKee’s 37 Headlight Coating to a brand-new vehicle will save you hundreds, if not thousands of dollars, over the course of ownership of the vehicle by preventing costly headlights from deteriorating.

Call up your local auto dealer to inquire about a replacement set of headlight lenses for your vehicle. Are you surprised that they told you a replacement headlight (just one!) is over $1,000? If your vehicle was manufactured in the 90s or early 2000s, before projector beams and LEDs became prevalent, you might get lucky with a replacement headlight lens costing only $500. McKee’s 37 Headlight Coating saves you TIME, MONEY, and FRUSTRATION by preventing headlight lenses from fading, discoloring, and yellowing in the first place – for a fraction of the cost of a replacement lens!

McKee’s 37 Headlight Coating is inexpensive insurance for providing a clear view of the road ahead. Cloudy, faded headlight lenses block the output of the actual headlight bulb by up to 90%, reducing visibility during nighttime driving, not to mention during inclement weather conditions such as ice, sleet, and snow. If your vehicle has headlights that are cloudy and yellow, RESTORE the clarity using McKee’s 37 All-In-One Headlight Restoring Polish, then COAT them using McKee’s 37 Headlight Coating. What are you waiting for?!

If you just purchased a brand-new car, truck, or SUV, the time to coat the headlights is NOW! Don’t wait until they begin to show signs of UV degradation; apply McKee’s 37 Headlight Coating to prevent that from happening in the first place!

Don’t stop at headlights! McKee’s 37 Headlight Coating also works to protect plastic-chrome and piano black exterior trim from UV-induced fading, etching from bug splatter, and swirl marks from improper washing.

McKee’s 37 Headlight Coating is a fantastic value. This one 4 oz. bottle is enough product to coat up to 50 headlights, making it especially appealing for professional detailers that upsell this service to customers.

Directions: If applicable, remove oxidation and yellowing by using McKee’s 37 All-In-One Headlight Restoring Polish. Then, wipe the lens down with McKee’s 37 N-914 Rinseless Wash diluted 1:8 (paint prep ratio). If working on a NEW vehicle, use McKee's 37 Coating Prep Polish in place of the aforementioned products.

Apply McKee’s 37 Headlight Coating directly onto a McKee’s 37 Coating Applicator. Evenly distribute the coating using a side to side and up and down hand motion. Immediately remove excess product using a clean, lint-free microfiber towel. Avoid exposing the headlight lens to water or moisture for 6 hours.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atgonzales View Post
    Scott,

Review please

I will do!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

I use the headlight protectant spray. I put it on every few months. I'm happy with it.

Post Thanks / Like

It takes VERY little product for each headlight. I applied it this morning and after applying the product to my applicator similar to how Nick does in the video, it was way too much. And was actually enough to cover both headlights. As long as the durability holds up, it should be a great product! Question though, will my headlights bead water?? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    It was designed for both applications.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleKing24 View Post
    It takes VERY little product for each headlight. I applied it this morning and after applying the product to my applicator similar to how Nick does in the video, it was way too much. And was actually enough to cover both headlights. As long as the durability holds up, it should be a great product! Question though, will my headlights bead water?? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Thanks for the feedback.

13. Likes DBAILEY liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast