autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEW - Mckee's 37 Headlight Coating (Sio2 Enhanced)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ski2 View Post
    I can't see allot of hobbyist detailers who take care of one or two cars spending $60 for this. But, if they had a smaller less expensive bottle for those of us who are only detailing our own cars it might help!!!
    I'm a hobbyist, I already have Optimum Opti-Lens Permanent Headlight Coating, headlight coatings protectants and Dr. Beasley's Headlight Coating Kit and I already put this on my wish list here. We have three vehicles protected now but there are family members, friends and others that I also can take care of. This is a hobby and I do this for the enjoyment and satisfaction as much as anything else. Coatings (real ones) are generally quite expensive relative to other products. I do agree that a smaller bottle offering would be beneficial for people with limited applications.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaretr1 View Post
    I am looking forward to trying this. This is a constant problem I have yet to be able to overcome. Hopefully this product will do the trick!
    Is your problem with other coatings or just with your headlights (without coating), in general?

Quote Originally Posted by Cg6LeMoN View Post
    Hey Nick. Is this product applicable to use after the original existing uv coating on the headlight have been sanded off and polished? How long to wait before apply the 2nd coat? How long will it last for cars parked outside 24/7? Is it safe to apply xpel ppf over it? How long to wait before applying xpel ppf if safe to do so? Thanks
    I suspect it would be fine with any clear headlight, new or old, it just needs to be prepped correctly.
    Last edited by Route246; 04-06-2018 at 03:11 PM. Reason: spelling error

Post Thanks / Like

NEW - Mckee's 37 Headlight Coating (Sio2 Enhanced)

@Nick@Mckee’s. Is there a sure shot way to remove this coating if for whatever reason someone would want to remove it a couple of months after applying it?

How does it behave when it’s reached the end of its life? Does it simply fade away and need reapplication? Of is the end noticeable by the headlights finally becoming yellow again?

Super Member DetailedByPrecision's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies. Just need some info on can i apply xpel ppf over it after letting it cure for 12-24hrs?

Click on image to view work

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Dr Beasleys and it went on nicely. Have yet to test durability as its only been afew weeks. How do you like it vs the optimum? Same sanding the lights to perfection gave me alot of sastifaction. Im now doing my neighbors...hahah.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by estcstm3 View Post
    I have the Dr Beasleys and it went on nicely. Have yet to test durability as its only been afew weeks. How do you like it vs the optimum? Same sanding the lights to perfection gave me alot of sastifaction. Im now doing my neighbors...hahah.
    To me they are all the same. Silicon dioxide ceramic coatings all use the same principles and all pay royalties directly or indirectly based on the same patent owned by Nanopool. I posted an article here last year with details of the patent and SiO2 application in the form of "liquid glass" for lack of a better term. Silicon Dioxide Spray-on Coatings - Patent and Ownership

I believe the patent will live for 20 years so figure 2030 or so before the price drops significantly.

7. Thanks Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Likes DetailedByPrecision, fightnews liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know what the difference between this Mckee's sio2 headlight coating and the Mckee's sio2 paint coating?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionlord View Post
    Anyone know what the difference between this Mckee's sio2 headlight coating and the Mckee's sio2 paint coating?
    You may want to email Nick directly or call him.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123