autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

2. Thanks Dan Tran thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEW SIZE for Hi-Intensity APC Plus by McKee's 37

How does this APC compare to Optimum Power Clean?
    — Jaddie, Max's proud chauffeur
    2012 Honda Odyssey & 2016 Ford Escape

4. Likes GEM65 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddie View Post
    How does this APC compare to Optimum Power Clean?
    IMO It's not very comparable to OPC.

OPC is a seriously phenomenal degreaser that excels at removing baked on grease and grime. It can dissolve bugs and is one of the only APC/degreasers I've used that can actually soften tar. It's one of the best tire cleaners on the market and when diluted 3:1 it's more economical than most tire cleaners while in many cases it's FAR less caustic. OPC @ 3:1 is also the best tire cleaner I've found at removing nasty solvent based tire dressings that haven't been thoroughly cleaned off tires in months or even years. For interiors, because OPC needs to be rinsed, most of us don't use it on cloth interiors or carpet.

To keep it simple, I actually only keep 1 bottle of OPC diluted @ 3:1 to use primarily for exterior duties and to use on extremely neglected leather

M37 High Intensity APC+ is still my overall favorite APC. But it's not much of a degreaser. To maintain relatively clean tires and trim or to remove water-based dressings M37 APC+ is a great option but it's just not able to really break down nasty grease and grime.

I keep M37 APC+ diluted @ 10:1 and at that ratio it is an EXTREMELY economical and overall fantastic interior cleaner. It suds up really well on a boars hair brush and it's safe on interior plastics, vinyl, rubber, leather, cloth, and carpet. I really recommend trying it if you have been using D101 or D108 for interior cleaning because M37 APC+ light citrus scent smells better and won't make you cough like meguiars cleaners. It's performance is VERY similar to D101 but when it comes to my health I'm willing to spend more money for a safer product.

6. Thanks Maxreed241 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post

OPC is a seriously phenomenal degreaser that excels at removing baked on grease and grime. It can dissolve bugs and is one of the only APC/degreasers I've used that can actually soften tar. It's one of the best tire cleaners on the market and when diluted 3:1 it's more economical than most tire cleaners while in many cases it's FAR less caustic. OPC @ 3:1 is also the best tire cleaner I've found at removing nasty solvent based tire dressings that haven't been thoroughly cleaned off tires in months or even years. For interiors, because OPC needs to be rinsed, most of us don't use it on cloth interiors or carpet.

To keep it simple, I actually only keep 1 bottle of OPC diluted @ 3:1 to use primarily for exterior duties and to use on extremely neglected leather

M37 High Intensity APC+ is still my overall favorite APC. But it's not much of a degreaser. To maintain relatively clean tires and trim or to remove water-based dressings M37 APC+ is a great option but it's just not able to really break down nasty grease and grime.

I keep M37 APC+ diluted @ 10:1 and at that ratio it is an EXTREMELY economical and overall fantastic interior cleaner. It suds up really well on a boars hair brush and it's safe on interior plastics, vinyl, rubber, leather, cloth, and carpet. I really recommend trying it if you have been using D101 or D108 for interior cleaning because M37 APC+ light citrus scent smells better and won't make you cough like meguiars cleaners. It's performance is VERY similar to D101 but when it comes to my health I'm willing to spend more money for a safer product.
    Thank you for always giving detailed answers.

Lou

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

At 3:1 for bugs on a front bumper, would it remove a sealant as well?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post

Is it closer to Optimum Opti Clean Concentrate, OptiClean cleaner protectant, Optimum all purpose cleaner protectant ?