autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish Angel is now at Autogeek!

Quote Originally Posted by ronkh57 View Post
    Wipe off is easy
    A towel.

Application... Now that's tougher. Sometimes I'll use a micro wax/sealant applicator, sometimes a micro towel.

Remember I throw out the applicators after use for this stuff, due to hardening.
    A towel...

Yeah, I get that! . I have a lot of microfiber that I would rather not just throw out.

So the question is, what level/quality of towel?

I’ve bought some shitty MF that she’d like crazy, don’t want that in the paint. Do you test them somehow first?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jester7677 View Post
    A towel...

Yeah, I get that! . I have a lot of microfiber that I would rather not just throw out.

So the question is, what level/quality of towel?

I’ve bought some shitty MF that she’d like crazy, don’t want that in the paint. Do you test them somehow first?
    For the "throw out" applicator, I have been using the low nap side of the ag "elite" micros. Not bad $$ when on sale. As I said I have also used micro wax applicators, they work great and probably make me use less product.

Or you could try throwing the used micro into an apc/water solution to soak till ready to wash and see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like

I get a cheap pack of micro applicators wherever I can find them (AG or in stores) that I also throw out after using with High Gloss. But for removal I use a high quality MF towel. When I'm done a throw it in a bucket of water with a little APC in it and let it sit the rest of the afternoon. I then just run it through the wash with my normal batch of MF towels and never had a problem.

4. Likes ronkh57, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Polish Angel is now at Autogeek!

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    I would test High Gloss first as it creates an awesome gloss and if you have a metallic paint it really makes the metallic flakes pops.
    So for $61 sale price [$70 reg. price] you get 6oz.
    Just for comparison sake, [and please lets hope no one gets offended] you could get 256oz. [2 gallons] of Megs D156 for $60. That’s a whole 250oz more, wow.
    Is it really That much better? If so, can we see some 50/50 pics? Because this spray wax must make 1 hell of a difference.

Post Thanks / Like

It's not the ordinary spray wax High Gloss. I can't do a comparison with d156 sorry as I don't have and have not used it myself. And you can take it times 4 what I have to pay for d156 where I live But the longevity of HG and what it's based on is a whole different animal IMO. Would I use it in a detailing business if not high end market NO. Would I use it over d156 on my own car for the looks of it YES. Lol even I have not used d156 I would test HG if I think that I could afford it. It's crazy little you are useing to a whole car. The big amount of tio2 in HG really makes a bit difference to the finish of your car. Do everyone like the looks of it NO I think. Do you want to test out something very different it's will be worth it. So it's just about what you are ready to get for your car. Would be intresting to see a comparison between the 2. And a blind test and on a dark metallic paint. Then it's hard to see the difference on photos so real life comparison would be the best.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Just for comparison sake, [and please lets hope no one gets offended] you could get 256oz. [2 gallons] of Megs D156 for $60. That’s a whole 250oz more, wow.
    Is it really That much better? If so, can we see some 50/50 pics? Because this spray wax must make 1 hell of a difference.
    High gloss

I wil not pour 2 gallons of d156 on my car. I can guarantee that if I poured 2 or even 3 gals on it, it wouldn't shine any better......

8. Thanks SWETM thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, The Guz, custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ronkh57 View Post
    High gloss

I wil not pour 2 gallons of d156 on my car. I can guarantee that if I poured 2 or even 3 gals on it, it wouldn't shine any better......
    Your awesome looking vette is one reason i went with Polish Angel when spring comes! It's really stands out even in pictures and ad to that a white paint. Then there is a PA believer at AT that has a black Dodge that he has an unbelieveble finish on and done work to other cars also.

10. Thanks ronkh57 thanked for this post
    Likes ronkh57, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For your Cadillac and make that paint pop I would recommend this spray wax. Know you are going to slap me thrue the computer because of the price LOL

Polish Angel Carnauba Arts Gold Zirkon

12. Likes ronkh57 liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting point, would be nice if someone could test this or any other comparable products side by side.

Post Thanks / Like

PA products are the real deal. I have used many many different products and for my vehicles this is my preferred brand. Over the past 5+
    years I've used many of the top brands on my GC and while they were excellent, PA duo of Carnubaflocken Centurion and Black Wulfenite clearly is heads above the rest IMHO. The glosss, depth and wetness along with durability is top notch.

For example, I was out for a drive last weekend an was out in the country roads and I had my sun roof popped open. There were four bikers out for a ride and they stopped behind me at a light and I heard them talking about my car and commenting. They were wondering what it was and I heard them say how good it looked. Nice compliment and the shine clearly has something to do with it.

Polish Angel is now at Autogeek!-20180224_164630-jpgPolish Angel is now at Autogeek!-20180211_153030-jpgPolish Angel is now at Autogeek!-20180211_145421-jpgPolish Angel is now at Autogeek!-20180225_122637-jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

15. Likes ronkh57, BadgerRivFan, SWETM liked this post
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast