autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire has new products!!

Any reviews on the new BLACKFIRE ceramic coating?
    It's available right now. I went ahead and ordered it, but I'm surprised at the lack of comments and/or reviews thus far...
    -Goose
    2007 Avus Silver Audi RS4
    2018 Black Redline Edition Chevy Silverado

Post Thanks / Like

It just hit the market last week. Mike Phillips did a write up.

We haven't seen any reviews because those who've ordered it the first day it was released are probably still waiting for shipments to arrrive.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone used the Pro Primer Polish yet? There was a thread asking about whether it had any abrasives. Description states it removes defects, but its non-abrasive.

I'm still wondering if this has at least fine abrasives or is it filling only? I'm good with either answer, but how/when I use it would depend on the answer. Anybody from Autogeek that can shed some light?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post

Anyone used the Pro Primer Polish yet?
    I have not tried this product yet. When I did my initial use and review of the coating it was not available or at least not available to me or in the "production run" version. This was back in May of this year, hard to believe it's been 3 months since Frank and I buffed out and coated the

Review & How-to: BLACKFIRE Pro Ceramic Coating by Mike Phillips

Before

After paint correction, chemical stripping and then coating install

TONS and TONS of how-to info in the actual article...

Review & How-to: BLACKFIRE Pro Ceramic Coating by Mike Phillips

There was a thread asking about whether it had any abrasives. Description states it removes defects, but its non-abrasive.
    I have not seen these other threads but it's hard to read everything posted.

I'm still wondering if this has at least fine abrasives or is it filling only?
    That is a great question and it's very important to know 100% for sure exactly what any product is doing when used on scratch-sensitive clearcoat paints. I just checked and was told it is in fact NON-ABRASIVE.

It creates the VISUAL appearance of removing fine defects by filling them in. Then because there is SO MUCH confusion in the blogosphere about fillers, in the first paragraph for the store page for this product it states,

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfire

BLACKFIRE Pro Primer Polish contains Silica technology that will create a stronger bond with any ceramic coating applied to your paint surface, greatly increasing the strength and duration of your coating.
    So it's not an oily filler like you think of when you think of fillers in compounds and polishes but silica technology that has a synergistic chemical compatibility with ceramic paint coatings to make a proper bond.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfire

I'm good with either answer, but how/when I use it would depend on the answer.

Anybody from Autogeek that can shed some light?
    I hope the info above helps clear up any confusion and the web copy on the store page is going to be updated to be more specific.

Mike Phillips

Anyone used the Pro Primer Polish yet?

If you would like a FREE sample to test out for yourself, either PM me or e-mail me your shipping addresss and we'll get it in the mail today!

mike.phillips@Autogeek.net

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post
    Does the Sio2 spray sealant have to be used on wetted paint? Will it streak on dry paint? Can it be diluted with water and used on clean dry paint?
    I've used it on a completely dry paint with no problem whatsoever. No streaking and spread extremely easy with the silky feel… I like it more than any other spray SIO2 product that I've tried, and that's about 3 of them…
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post
    Does the Sio2 spray sealant have to be used on wetted paint? Will it streak on dry paint? Can it be diluted with water and used on clean dry paint?
    I recommend using it on dry paint only because it spreads very far this way, and you'll use very little product. It spreads like most WOWA's.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    If you would like a FREE sample to test out for yourself, either PM me or e-mail me your shipping addresss and we'll get it in the mail today!
    mike.phillips@Autogeek.net
    Mike,
    Thank you very much for the detailed responses above. I actually ordered some already, hoping that the responses would be exactly what you identified... having the confirmation you provided will allow me to make an informed decision on how to best use it. I’ll post a review when I try it.

Thanks as always!
    Rob

Mike Phillips

Mike,
    Thank you very much for the detailed responses above. I actually ordered some already, hoping that the responses would be exactly what you identified... having the confirmation you provided will allow me to make an informed decision on how to best use it. I’ll post a review when I try it.

Thanks as always!
    Rob

Thanks for your trust Rob.

I too will give it a try next week and take a few pictures and share them.

10. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry. I'm just not buying into all this media blitz shoving their own products on everyone. It's just too obvious and blatant the way it's all pushed. I too received a few free samples to try and was actually unhappy with the way their foam soap & booster stuck to the car like nasty wet algae that had to be dangerously rinsed off with a power eraser! IMHO only, they're going way too overboard on marketing these products. Time to change my notification settings because it's entirely too much overkill.
    Let the flaming begin! 😳

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast