autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Britemax remax SIO2 Spray sealant

I’ve never experienced anything of that nature. You absolutely do not need to wait 2-3 minutes. It does work instantly. Spray it on a brown tire, it starts reacting instantly. Any degreaser needs to be rinsed from carpet. 4:1 is on the weaker end of recommended dilution for interior. As far as value, that’s up to the end user, but I find grime out the best degreaser I’ve ever used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '03 Corvette Z06

2. Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    I’ve never experienced anything of that nature. You absolutely do not need to wait 2-3 minutes. It does work instantly. Spray it on a brown tire, it starts reacting instantly. Any degreaser needs to be rinsed from carpet. 4:1 is on the weaker end of recommended dilution for interior. As far as value, that’s up to the end user, but I find grime out the best degreaser I’ve ever used.

If I used Megs Super Degreaser @4:1 most people would call me crazy, would they not? The label says 20-40% dilution for interiors. 4:1 is 20%... I can only imagine what a nightmare it would be in regards to the stickiness at 2:1.

As far as cleaning tires, I honestly do not see a difference between what this does straight vs. Super Degreaser @4:1. Unless you’re the type that never takes a brush to your tires? And even using it that way [no scrub] it doesn’t leave them completely clean.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    If I used Megs Super Degreaser @4:1 most people would call me crazy, would they not? The label says 20-40% dilution for interiors. 4:1 is 20%... I can only imagine what a nightmare it would be in regards to the stickiness at 2:1.

As far as cleaning tires, I honestly do not see a difference between what this does straight vs. Super Degreaser @4:1. Unless you’re the type that never takes a brush to your tires? And even using it that way [no scrub] it doesn’t leave them completely clean.
    It will definitely clean tires as good or better undiluted compared to SD @ 4:1. I always use a brush on tires. Can you use SD on leather and interior plastics safely? No. Grimeout at 2:1 on the same? Yes. I repeat, any degreaser NEEDS to be rinsed from carpet. If value is your main concern, grime out may not be for you. It works, however. It doesn’t get raved reviews for no reason. You’re basing your opinion on carpet cleaning, which would be the last place I’d reach for grimeout. Try it on filthy wheels, tires, fender wells, grimy paint, etc... Cuts through it like butter when used undiluted. Cleans leather very well, too.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Britemax remax SIO2 Spray sealant

It will definitely clean tires as good or better undiluted compared to SD @ 4:1. I always use a brush on tires. Can you use SD on leather and interior plastics safely? No. Grimeout at 2:1 on the same? Yes. I repeat, any degreaser NEEDS to be rinsed from carpet. If value is your main concern, grime out may not be for you. It works, however. It doesn’t get raved reviews for no reason. You’re basing your opinion on carpet cleaning, which would be the last place I’d reach for grimeout. Try it on filthy wheels, tires, fender wells, grimy paint, etc... Cuts through it like butter when used undiluted. Cleans leather very well, too.
    To say it can clean tires as good or better than D108 doesn’t earn many points.. We’re talking about undiluted vs. 4:1 + the undiluted product costs way more to begin with.

You say it “cleans leather very well too” But at the same time you say “cleaning carpet, which would be the last place I’d reach for Grimeout”

You think of reaching for a degreaser when it comes to cleaning leather? I don’t. Carpet, now that’s not as delicate so sure I’d think of using this product.

Nowhere on the label of BriteMax Grimeout does it say anything about cleaning leather.

Post Thanks / Like

I tested the pH of grimeout vs the “safe” optimum power clean and they’re nearly identical. Grimeout is definitely safe on leather. Also, you can “rinse” leather a hell of a lot easier with a damp towel. Try rinsing carpet with that. They will of course recommend their interior cleaner for leather, but grimeout is just fine.

'03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Try it on filthy wheels, tires, fender wells, grimy paint, etc... Cuts through it like butter when used undiluted. Cleans leather very well, too.
    For wheels I prefer D140@4:1. You cannot tell me this is somehow better at cleaning wheels than Wheel Brightener.

Tires I prefer D108@4:1. Does the same job and does it at a much better value since I get 5 gallons worth for less than 1 gallon of Grimeout. The 1 thing that it does better at is the scent. I’ll give it that.

Fender wells, grimy paint, etc. Megs D101 All Purpose Cleaner can do all that@10:1. Once again, much better value.

I wanted to like this product and I held back any comments about it for a few weeks now... But it’s given me nothing to rave about and instead left me very unimpressed.

Post Thanks / Like

For wheels I prefer D140@4:1. You cannot tell me this is somehow better at cleaning wheels than Wheel Brightener.

Tires I prefer D108@4:1. Does the same job and does it at a much better value since I get 5 gallons worth for less than 1 gallon of Grimeout. The 1 thing that it does better at is the scent. I’ll give it that.

Fender wells, grimy paint, etc. Megs D101 All Purpose Cleaner can do all that@10:1. Once again, much better value.

I wanted to like this product and I held back any comments about it for a few weeks now... But it’s given me nothing to rave about and instead left me very unimpressed.
    You’re basing your opinion on value, not its effectiveness. It’s VERY effective. More than you’re giving it credit for, or comparing it against. Did you not know the recommended dilutions before buying it?

'03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

You’re basing your opinion on value, not its effectiveness. It’s VERY effective. More than you’re giving it credit for, or comparing it against. Did you not know the recommended dilutions before buying it?

My opinion isn’t what it is because I’m somehow sour about overpaying... I’m willing to pay a premium for anything that’s worth it or makes things easier vs. lesser priced product, which is exactly what I was hoping for when I decided to try Grimeout. I had high hopes that it could maybe replace the need to buy not only Super Degreaser, but also D101. [D101 deserves an apology for me even thinking that]

My cheapo has nothing to do with my opinion. Did you not see my the after pics of my floormatt? Even the cheap degreaser/APC from the 99 cents store could do better than that! Lol. [and that’s actually true, because LATA would make quik work of that floormatt]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCDetails View Post
    Not really, a wax is a wax and a sealant is a sealant. I know they get used interchangeably, but they really shouldn't. Typically those sealants prefer to bond to clean paint or other synthetic polymers and tend to not bond so well to natural carnauba wax.
    Ya Really! A sealant by definition is a synthetic wax. This is a fact

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what the difference is between the miquiars and the grime out as far as hazardous chemicals? Im' only wondering becuase I know the meguiars has been around a long time, not sure about results

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast