autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creamic Ccating

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Creamic Ccating

Polish Angel Cosmic V2.

If you can apply a wax or sealant than you can also apply Cosmic with no worries. My Corvette has never looked better!
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

Post Thanks / Like

Without any input from the OP, I'll simply add McKee's 37. Very easy to use, and works well.

At this point the MK37 coating might be my "gateway" coating to others. I'm starting to eye EXO v3 or Optimum Gloss Coat as potential candidates.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

There's fans here of the many various coating systems.

I'll save space of mentioning many of them.

I've tried a few difference ones, a couple were on a whim. The qualities of ease of use didn't also equate to long lasting I found, and again I won't mention which because there are fans of these products and don't wish to ruffle any feathers.

I've been happy with Carpro Products, and the variety that they make for not only prep (Essence) but also post coating maintenance such as Essence +, Reload, and others in their line-up. Many like Hydro 2, I've never tried it though.

Carpro DLX, again a very nice product for Trim, Plastic, and Wheels.

As for the Carpro Coatings, I like the qualities they possess for their resistance to marring, and their long life.

I've found them relatively easy to use, but one should adhere to orthodox methods of application, stay within acceptable temp and humidity conditions when applying, and to be careful and considerate of how much time you allow when coming behind to smooth-level any high spots.

That it is probably better to err on too quick a time rather than too long a time to smooth-level.

Newbie Member EstrellaAZDetailer's Avatar
    "Up The Hill" on Estrella Mountain in south Goodyear, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like

I have started using one that is pretty amazing. Self-leveling. Dry to touch in 20 minutes. 80% cured in 3 hrs. 100% cured between 12 & 24 depending on conditions. Recoatable with itself years later. Only 1 coat needed for 3-6 year warranty (depending on age of vehicle). Does not required annual reload. May be applied outside (not in rain of course). NanoPro.

While I am still a fan of Adam's Ceramic coatings, Ceramic Pro's, and CQuartz, this one coming in at 9.5H hardness and all its application advantages (reduced application restrictions), I have to date applied to a couple Harley Davidson's, a 2017 Grand Sport Corvette Convertible (collector edition, #96 of 1000 made), and a Dodge Viper (see my photo albums under my member name), I am increasingly amazed the more I use this product.

Creamic Ccating-img_5021-jpg

Creamic Ccating-img_5022-jpg

Creamic Ccating-image-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images Creamic Ccating-2017-grand-sport-collector-edition-corvette-convertible-96of1000made-jpg 

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I was getting carried away with too many products. Simple is better like you mention.

Post Thanks / Like

For a car that is not likely driven in rain or snow, McKees Paint Coating would be a nice, economical and relatively easy to apply choice. I found WG Uber to be average at best, likely over priced due to WG name attached. If'n ya want something with a little more pop and durability (albeit at a higher cost and a little more attention to application) Gyeon Mohs + Gyeon Can Coat is nice and glossy and pretty durable. Or, could just do Gyeon Can Coat alone if willing to sacrifice some longevity for ease of use.

Post Thanks / Like

Goes on wet, bonds instantly, protects paint from staining/fading/etching for 1-2 years. Insane shine, easy application
    Dr. Beasley's Formula 1201 Paint Coating

Post Thanks / Like

I almost forgot about the doctors line. Dr Beasley has some great stuff as well. You honestly can't go wrong with any of the consumer offerings. Your choice will be the little quirks that come with each, that's it.

Edit:
    Dr beasley has a killer combo I've found to be great. Their nano resin coating roped with plasma coat after a week. Feel bored after your wash? Throw on another layer of plasma coat.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Spowell637 View Post
    Any suggestions for a coating to be used on Crystal Red 2015 Vette?

thanks in advance

Have you ever applied a ceramic coating before?

Post Thanks / Like

CQuartz UK has been a pleasure lately. Easy, fast, and looks better then most I think. 2 guys can do a car that size in no time. Top with a silica spray and BOOM
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12