autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

New car exterior/interior protection questions using Wolfgang products

[Mod: Please delete this post as I meant to post it in the main forum but somehow posted here. Thanks.]

Hello Everyone,

We purchased a new Honda CR-V couple of months ago and planning to protect the car in and out. I have been reading about many different paint and trim sealant products and numerous forum threads and product reviews. Each time a new product is recommended by someone and it can get very confusing.

I was set on getting Wolfgang paint sealant 3.0 and Wolfgang exterior trim sealant. Both products have great reviews and seems easy for me (non-professional) to apply them. Wolfgang is offering 20% discount on their website so that helps too

As I was browsing their product line, I saw Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal. It seems to provide similar protection as WGPS 3.0 and can be used on glass, chrome and exterior trims. Feels like this is all in one kind of protection for outside of the vehicle.

I couldn't find any forum thread or review of using the Wolfgang liquid seal on the trims. Has anyone used this on exterior trims and windows/windshield? Does it provide the same protection as WG exterior trim sealant? Does it restore the black trims if they are little faded. I'd rather just get this one product and protect the exterior of the car instead of two separate products if the end result is same. With 2 little kids time is precious

Also, we have 2011 Honda Odyssey which is very neglected (trims little faded) and planning to spruce it up too using same products.

For interior, there is Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant which also has good reviews and it can be applied to the interior trims and even leather. I was thinking of getting KevianClean leather cleaner and conditioner but it seems WG cockpit trim sealant can take care of leather too so KevianClean might not be needed, any opinions?

My plan is to wash the car then use Nanoskin autoscrub fine grade sponge (clay alternative) (can I use the sponge while washing with soap or should I use their glide lubricant?), polish with Meguiar's ultimate polish and then apply the sealant.

Thanks for reading my long post and help with these questions.
    Last edited by Douggg; 04-20-2017 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Post needs to be deleted - Wrong Forum

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New car exterior/interior protection questions using Wolfgang products

I have used WG paint sealant and its very good, my bottle went bad after a couple of years. The trim sealant is also great it does not run down after it gets wet and on my pickup bed that looks bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New car exterior/interior protection questions using Wolfgang products

Use the glide for nanoskin. You could use the Wolfgang finishing glaze or swirl mark remover instead of the megs up.

The exterior trim sealant sounds more like what you need for the odyssey and the crv. The liquid seal is not going to do any restoring so to say. There are lots of products you can use on all surfaces but the dedicated ones are going to be better for there respective areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk