autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

WeatherTech floorliner combo...mini review

First off I am sorry about the pictures because the top picture is my driver's mat and the second picture is my passenger Matt and for that picture The Flash came on for some reason.

I bought this combo during the 15% sale a couple weeks ago (thanks AG) and wanted to try this out as I can never really get my WeatherTechs really clean and always leary about spraying ANYTHING where I put my feet!

First off these are quality products, from the bottles, the sprayers and of coarse the results. The cleaner foams quite a bit, so a little goes a long way. The brush that comes in the kit is made for this task, nice tool for sure. I sprayed the cleaner and let it sit for a couple minutes and then scrubbed, the product foamed up right away. I then rinsed them down, shook them and let them air dry.

Once dry it was time for the protectant. I made sure I had good coverage and let it sit and then wiped in with a thick cotton sponge. The kit comes with 3 micro fiber towels but I'll use those for something else in the future. I was happy with how it looked and let it dry. Once dry I decided to do a 2nd coat as they would be sitting till Thanksgiving and to even things out, wasn't exactly needed but I'm trying to make them look new and now...they do!

I always cleaned them before but could never get the wear area clean, the product does that and more. I'm not looking forward to winter...ever, but I do feel better knowing they were properly cleaned and now protected from all the salt and snow. Give this product a shot, you'll be glad you did

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: WeatherTech floorliner combo...mini review

Nicely done review

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review. The after shot definitely looks new now. My truck set is lookin a lil dull and could use a refresh.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Nice review. The after shot definitely looks new now. My truck set is lookin a lil dull and could use a refresh.
    Thanks guys!

I wasn't sure about this product at first but after using their cleaner on their product, well, you could clearly see that WT had did their homework before marketing this product.

I wish I had taken before and during products because even though I cleaned them after removal, only after using the combo did they look their best.

I live 30 mins from their plant and showroom, so when I need some more I'm stopping in, plus they always have a nice car or two inside WeatherTech floorliner combo...mini review

Post Thanks / Like

Great review and thanks for doing it. I have this on my list of future purchases now!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Thanks guys!

I wasn't sure about this product at first but after using their cleaner on their product, well, you could clearly see that WT had did their homework before marketing this product.

I wish I had taken before and during products because even though I cleaned them after removal, only after using the combo did they look their best.

I live 30 mins from their plant and showroom, so when I need some more I'm stopping in, plus they always have a nice car or two inside
    ...and complimentary yummy scones, foo-foo flavored and regular hot coffee plus iced coffee in summer.

BTW: Am I the only one that leaves their Weather Tech mats in year round?
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't leave mine in year round for 2 reasons, one is they cover my dead pedal and two carpeted ones are more comfortable. Besides, it's another thing that holds fresh scents 🌸🌿🌾

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Klasse Act! Your weathertechs look new!

Does the protectant make the weathertechs slippery?

How do you compare this to other cleaners and protectants? Like the BF, WG, McKee's, etc.?
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    Great review Klasse Act! Your weathertechs looks new!

Does the protectant make the weathertechs slippery?

How do you compare this to other cleaners and protectants? Like the BF, WG, McKee's, etc.?
    Thanks Mark!

Well to be honest, I've been using Alien Kleen on the mats for the past 3 years and to be honest the staining was always there but the rest looked good. To be fair, I have never used any protectant till now because I looked at them as just something to keep my carpets clean during winter, but not anymore, not now!

I can't speak to any other cleaner as I've only used Alien Kleen before this. IMO the foaming nature has something to do with it but more importantly the fact that this product was made and tested by the people that make the best mats in the world, well, it only makes sense and cents to use and enjoy this product WeatherTech floorliner combo...mini review WeatherTech floorliner combo...mini review

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Great review. Mine in my truck are 7 years old and really look it. Nothing gets them clean looking. It would be nice to spruce them up. I've recently gone through the whole truck and this is the only sore spot.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast