autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

NEW RELEASE: GYEON Quartz Q2 Matte Paint Coating

What's up Guys! Jeff at GYEON Quartz USA here. This post is intended to introduce you to one of the latest offerings in the GYEON Quartz line of Car Care Products: GYEON Q2 Matte.

GYEON Q2 Matte is designed specifically for Matte and Satin Paint Finishes, can also be used on Matte or Satin Vinyl, as well as Paint Protection Film.

Q2 Matte enhances color without changing the finish of your Matte paintwork. Simply put it will not add any unwanted gloss to the finish. Q2 Matte is very easy to apply and only one layer is required. It is extremely hydrophobic and designed for maximum durability on Matte or Satin finishes. Q2 Matte is a true SiO2 based Coating. That means it will offer the true protection you would expect out of any paint coating. It will prevent discoloration and oxidation, protect against chemical damage, and provide UV resistance all while making regular wash maintenance very easy.

The Q2 Matte Kit also includes the GYEON hydrophobic spray sealant/quartz detail spray Q2M Cure Matte specifically formulated for Matte and Satin finishes.

Check out this Mercedes G63 receiving the GYEON Q2 Matte Coating and then find the Application Instructions, a Nissan GTR coated in Q2 Matte from Rory at Proven Automotive Concepts, and a link to the AutoGeek GYEON store where there just may be a limited time sale going on for GYEON Q2 Matte........

GYEON Q2 Matte Application Instructions:

1. Wash the vehicle thoroughly
    2. Remove any oils using GYEON Q2M Prep
    3. Shake the Q2 Matte bottle before use
    4. Wrap your GYEON Applicator Suede over your Applicator Foam Block, both included in the kit
    5. Apply 4-6 drops of Q2 Matte on to the Applicator Suede
    6. Apply in a think layer on to the paint in overlapping and cross hatching strokes, making sure to install an even layer of the Coating
    7. Start wiping the Coating off of the panel immediately after you have completed coverage of the area with a GYEON Polish Wipe Towel. Typically work doors and hoods in 2' x 2' sections
    8. Once the entire vehicle has been coated, allow it to dry for 3 hours before wiping down with Q2M Cure Matte. Apply Cure Matte with a fresh and soft microfiber towel. Spray 1 or 2 sprays of Cure Matte directly on to your Microfiber and then work in to the paint. Come back with a clean microfiber towel to remove any excess product immediately
    9. The Coating is safe to drive after 24 hours of drying in a controlled environment. You want to make sure that no standing water stays on the vehicle within the first 24 hours. Wait 7 days to wash with a detergent or soap.

Check out this Nissan GTR coated in GYEON Q2 Matte from Proven Automotive Concepts

Be one of the first to get your hands on the new GYEON Quartz Q2 Matte Coating by clicking HERE

Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEW RELEASE: GYEON Quartz Q2 Matte Paint Coating

My question about this Matte Coating, I love the concept of a matte coating but what if you wanted to coat a car that has previously had a LSP on it? We can't polish matte paint so would the paint prep get rid of any previous waxes/sealants or do you have another suggestion for that?

Post Thanks / Like

Great question. You are absolutely correct. You want a pure and clean bond between the paint and the coating for maximum durability. It certainly depends on the LSP. But most should remove easily with a variety of chemical methods. GYEON Prep will work well. A dish soap wash will work well also. Some of the foam/citrus pre soak products in the industry should work well. Anything that you know is safe for the surface but has the chemical ability to remove the wax or sealant. I would then perform a good Prep wipe down to remove any lubricants that may be left behind from the stripping process. Then on to coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the answer Jeff.

Post Thanks / Like

What is the best protocol to follow if a high spot develops? I'm so used to coating surfaces that can be polished but I've always wanted to try coating a matte finish.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like a good idea as far as coating for matte finishes.But I really don't see a whole lot of matte cars running around for that service.people who purchase finishes like that are people who don't want to maintain the finish.my friend has a brand new jeep and I asked him why such a hideous paintsystem he chose,and the answer was he is lazy and just runs his 60 ,000 dollar jeep in the carwash.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff at Gyeon View Post
    But most should remove easily with a variety of chemical methods. GYEON Prep will work well. A dish soap wash will work well also. Some of the foam/citrus pre soak products in the industry should work well.
    Is a matte finish different from a traditional clear coat finish then? I ask because for many sealants and waxes, simply using Dawn or a prep solution won't remove a good sealant or wax from the surface, sometimes requiring polishing.

Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time. (Voltaire)
    2013 TESLA MODEL S | Gyeon Syncro | Gyeon Cancoat

Post Thanks / Like

This is off topic, and while I am sure this is a great product, I cant wrap my head around matte finishes... Shiny or nothing to me!

Post Thanks / Like

It definitely depends on the wax or sealant. If you don't feel you can safely and effectively remove what has been applied to the finish already, then applying a coating is not the best idea.

Post Thanks / Like

The Matte coating is designed to be installed in one layer and is very easy to work with. We haven't had any reports of high spots happening yet. Definitely be diligent in the application. If you do leave a high spot, and you catch it quick enough, you can go back over that area with a small amount of coating and allow the fresh solvents to help move around the coating that was not leveled.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast