autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars Car Wash Plus - Replaces some D114 uses?

Very interesting new product. I wonder if there will be an equivalent 'D' product.

No rinse; nothing added; strong cleaning power - could fill some of the void.

I have to try it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiars Car Wash Plus - Replaces some D114 uses?

looks to be a good prep soap before polishing/compounding...

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I'd have to see how this product works, but it doesn't seem like it would replace D114 in many ways.

I guess it says you use without buckets, but is it rinseless? Meaning that it does not need to be rinsed, or do you hose it down and then dry?

They say a tip is to use a hose to rinse the mitt.

I get the concept of having greater cleaning power with the addition of mild abrasives, but doing a severely neglected vehicle, you're going to be wash "polishing" with dirt trapped under the wash media.

Like Visitor said above, it sounds like it would be a good first step in a aggressive wash approach before polishing.

It sounds interesting, and unique. Just not much info on it yet, and it is confusing.

Post Thanks / Like

No, its not going to do some of the things users have discovered D114 is good for. But, it will be interesting how it works on coatings and as a perp cleaner not only for polishing/compounding but for users of wipe on sealants like BSD or even opti-seal type products.

Personally, that's my biggest need for D114. I don't like mixing polymers on a any product I apply which I believe has a protecting ability of more than 2 weeks. D114 was a quick and effective cleaner prior to these products.

Companies put these products out with a description of how they intended them to be used and then a few thousand users figure out how they're actually be best/most used. We'll see. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be experimenting with it.

Post Thanks / Like

•Since I never saw D114 as being an
    "abrasive" car-washing product...
    -I don't see how the Car Wash +
    will be able to fill its void.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

With a lotion-like consistency, it would require "rubbing it in" to get it off? On a dirty vehicle?? This one has me seriously stumped. It could be that we're not the target demographic on this one...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harpolith View Post
    With a lotion-like consistency, it would require "rubbing it in" to get it off? On a dirty vehicle?? This one has me seriously stumped. It could be that we're not the target demographic on this one...
    I spent a few minutes pondering this one when they announced it. I think it's just a way to do a conventional wash without a bucket--you hose down the car, wet the wash mitt, squeeze this stuff on, then when it gets dirty, you hose it off and repeat, and then rinse the car off, and dry it. I would agree that we're not the target market for this, seems targeted at people who don't wash their car because of all the trouble taking a bucket out and filling it with soap and water...

Post Thanks / Like

Ha! Your right. I thought it was rinseless, but it's not. Oh well, not what I was hoping for.

It's starting to look like a hybrid between car wash and paint cleaner . . . that requires rinsing and drying.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I spent a few minutes pondering this one when they announced it. I think it's just a way to do a conventional wash without a bucket--you hose down the car, wet the wash mitt, squeeze this stuff on, then when it gets dirty, you hose it off and repeat, and then rinse the car off, and dry it. I would agree that we're not the target market for this, seems targeted at people who don't wash their car because of all the trouble taking a bucket out and filling it with soap and water...
    Gotcha. That makes a little more sense than what I was thinking. I was under the impression that it was a waterless product-- to be used sort of like we use hand sanitizer. A more appropriate analogy might be a shower Gel and a sponge.

I can see where this could be useful to some. Say a guy wants stop by the pay and spray. And he wants a little more than "touchless" to get at the oily/grime. Wet down the car, pull out your bottle of Car Wash Plus and a $3 sponge for a wipe down, then rinse. A pretty simple equation for the masses.