autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Griot's Garage 3 inch Pneumatic Orbital Polisher - Mighty Mouse!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    I'll reply on Mike's behalf because he's just starting a long 3 day weekend...

The 3" pneumatic polisher is easily twice as powerful as its electric counterpart - easily.

Like Mike said, if you have an air compressor do yourself a favor and get one of these now!

Nick, I have been eyeing this polisher for a while now. However, I have read multiple reviews on other sites where the backing plate has worn out and needed replaced. Is this backing plate unique to the polisher and only available through Griots?

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan K View Post
    Nick, I have been eyeing this polisher for a while now. However, I have read multiple reviews on other sites where the backing plate has worn out and needed replaced. Is this backing plate unique to the polisher and only available through Griots?
    We have extra backing plates for this unit, so if you do end up wearing it out (which can and will happen with every tool eventually), we'll gladly replace it free of charge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    We have extra backing plates for this unit, so if you do end up wearing it out (which can and will happen with every tool eventually), we'll gladly replace it free of charge.
    That's the fantastic service that everyone has become accustomed to from AG. I can see a purchase in my future.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Firehouse Mike View Post

Mike...how does it compare to the 3" Electric version? I have one now i reserve for headlights and tight area if i have A LOT of time. It's not exactly the most powerful thing.
    With an air compressor that can maintain the 4 CFM at 90 PSI I'd say it's more powerful.

I like the Griot's 3" Mini Polisher and have at least a half a dozen articles for this tool. That said I don't use it to remove swirls out of paint as it's not powerful enough and I have other tool options that do have the power and can be used with smaller pads.

I use the Griot's 3" Mini Polisher as a wet sander and a headlight sander and to machine apply waxes. For these three jobs it's great!

Quote Originally Posted by Firehouse Mike View Post

I was looking at going to a Flex or Rupes, but if the air model is comparable I'll go that route.....

Mike

Have not used it to machine sand headlights yet but for paint polishing with the right pad it seems to have a lot of power. In the pictures I posted I never turned it up to full speed as all I was doing was applying a finishing wax. I hope by now that most people reading this thread know the difference between a finishing wax and a cleaner/wax.

Post Thanks / Like

looking fresh - nice little machine too, will have to have a play next time i am over 8)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12