autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

RUPES Sealant, Detailer, Maintenance Wash & Carnauba Wash *NEW*

I'm excited to announce 4 new RUPES car care products now available at Autogeek!

RUPES P808 Protective Sealant

RUPES P808 Protective Sealant is the last and final step in the critically acclaimed Big Foot Polishing System. Designed and engineered from the same team that brought you Zephir, Quarz, Keramik and Diamond polishing compounds, P808 Protective Sealant blankets your vehicle in a glossy layer of protection that locks in the vibrant, swirl-free finish that you worked so hard to achieve.

RUPES M606 Rapid Cleaner Detailer

RUPES M606 Rapid Cleaner Detailer will no doubt become the RUPES product you reach for the most. Why? In a matter of minutes you’ll be able to remove light dust, finger prints and smudges while restoring a brilliant, glossy shine. The gentle cleaning formula removes light dirt and contaminants without scratching your vehicle’s delicate clear coat finish. What’s more, RUPES M606 Rapid Cleaner Detailer can be used on all hard exterior surfaces including paint, alloy rims, glass, plastic moldings, and more!

RUPES M101 High Concentrated Detailing Shampoo

RUPES M101 High Concentrated Detailing Shampoo is a hyper-concentrated automotive soap formulated for effective, yet gentle cleaning. This unique shampoo combines general cleaning and the ability to prepare the painted surfaces for the polishing and detailing process. This super slick formula lifts grime safely off the surface while minimizing wash-induced swirl marks and scratches.

RUPES M707 Carnauba High Gloss Protective Shampoo

RUPES M707 Carnauba High Gloss Protective Shampoo was formulated for the enthusiast that expects the highest gloss and slickest finish from their car wash soap. RUPES M707 contains real carnauba wax that is responsible for creating a brilliant gloss after ever wash. RUPES M707 Carnauba High Gloss Protective Shampoo cleans, shines and protects your vehicle, helping you maintain that flawless, swirl-free finish you worked so hard to achieve.

What's New @ Autogeek

Post Thanks / Like

Re: RUPES Sealant, Detailer, Maintenance Wash & Carnauba Wash *NEW*

Carnauba shampoo sounds interesting...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by c7stingray View Post
    Carnauba shampoo sounds interesting...
    I used it on Sunday, good stuff.

It's very different than what we're used to because it's not thick, and it doesn't create mounds of thick suds. It does however provide more than ample lubrication for your wash mitt, and it rinses very well.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post

I'm excited to announce 4 new RUPES car care products now available at Autogeek!

RUPES P808 Protective Sealant

RUPES P808 Protective Sealant is the last and final step in the critically acclaimed Big Foot Polishing System. Designed and engineered from the same team that brought you Zephir, Quarz, Keramik and Diamond polishing compounds, P808 Protective Sealant blankets your vehicle in a glossy layer of protection that locks in the vibrant, swirl-free finish that you worked so hard to achieve.

So glad to see RUPES introduce something to seal paint. Since they entered the car detailing market they were making the same mistake Meguiar's made until 1951 and that is they didn't offer their users any way to seal the paint after using their compounds and polishes to protect it.

Meguiar's started out in 1901 making cleaners and polishes but didn't offer a wax until one year after the passing of Frank Meguiar's Jr. in 1950. Then in 1951 Meguiar's introduced M16 Professional Paste Wax. Here's what this means, back in those days if you compounded and polished the paint to perfection using Meguiars in order to seal the paint you had to use Blue Coral or Simonize because Meguiar's didn't make a wax.

The same thing holds true for RUPES. Until they introduced P808 you had to use something else to seal the paint because RUPES didn't offer this category of product. So it's good to see they now offer a more complete line.

I made the prediction somewhere on this forum that when they added Jason Rose to their team it wouldn't be long before they offered a way to seal the paint and other complimentary products. I can't find that post but it's somewhere on this forum. I can find the below post however on PAGE 3 this thread,

How to use the Rupes Bigfoot Polisher - Detailing Class

I've documented more RUPES detailing classes showing the students as well as more before, during and after pictures than anyone on the Internet. The above thread is just one example. From page 3 of the above thread here's my answer in a reply to another forum member's question in the above write-up.

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post

I understand that as of now Rupes doesn't feature a protective step in their range,

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips

While I was at the Rupes International Sales Meeting in Milan, Italy I had the opportunity as a guest speaker to share my thoughts on the detailing industry as it is now and as it will evolve into the future. At the end of my presentation I pointed out that Rupes is in the same predicament that Meguiar's was in from the early 1900's to 1950 because Meguiar's offered compounds and polishes for the automotive industry but they didn't offer their first wax or at least finishing wax until 1951.

Right now if you polish paint to perfection using any portion of the Rupes Paint Polishing System afterwards you are forced to go outside the brand in order to seal the paint be it with a wax, a synthetic sealant or a paint coating.

I pointed this out at the meeting and my recommendation was to bring out 4 products and let their customer's decides which of these products would best suit their taste and needs...

1. High end Carnauba Finishing Wax.
    2. 100% Synthetic Paint Sealant.
    3. Hi-Tech Paint Coating
    4. One-step Cleaner/Wax (for production detailing)

Last I heard from my contacts at Rupes was at this time there are no plans to introduce any sealing products.

In some ways that's a good thing as it lets us choose and use our favorite brands.

Looks like I'm vindicated. Good news for RUPES and RUPES fans.

We'll give the new P808 a test drive this Thurday night when we use the RUPES paint polishing system to buff out a swirled-out 1948 Chevy Fleetmaster Streetrod. Before, during and after pictures will be posted here,

Pictures: RUPES Detailing Class at Autogeek - 1948 Chevy Fleetmaster Streetrod

Post Thanks / Like

It's very different than what we're used to because it's not thick, and it doesn't create mounds of thick suds. It does however provide more than ample lubrication for your wash mitt, and it rinses very well.

Have you had a chance to try the detailer spray? Thoughts if so....
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    Have you had a chance to try the detailer spray? Thoughts if so....
    Yes sir! RUPES M606 Rapid Cleaner Detailer is a top-notch detail spray. It melts into the paint and requires very little buffing. Also, what's very unique about this formula is that it does not contain any dyes or fragrances. RUPES left out anything that didn't make the product perform better!

Two thumbs up for this one.

Post Thanks / Like

Will need to pick up some to try!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes sir! RUPES M606 Rapid Cleaner Detailer is a top-notch detail spray. It melts into the paint and requires very little buffing. Also, what's very unique about this formula is that it does not contain any dyes or fragrances. RUPES left out anything that didn't make the product perform better!

Two thumbs up for this one.

Glad you picked up on these things when trying them out Nick. The Rapid Cleaner Detailer certainly is a departure from the candy shop fragrances and technicolor schemes of what we are used to here in the US, but the team approached the development from a no-nonsense standpoint figuring that if the product would be used worldwide in our BigFoot Detail Centers (of which more are opening all the time) the technicians won't care what the color or smell is, honestly they'd probably prefer not to huff fragrances all day

With the M707 its another no-fluff type of product - I've said many times before that a soap that foams is just for show, like a wheel cleaner that changes color. Might make you feel good, might be fun, but its got very little if anything to do with the performance of the product if its formulated correctly. This soap, being for maintenance, is perfect because it rinses so cleanly and since its not super high foaming won't take you hours to rinse from all the cracks and crevices.

Of the latest additions P808 is my favorite - goes on like a detail spray, protects like a sealant. Has to be one of the easiest to apply sealants I've ever used and for the effort required has been doing an excellent job on my personal vehicles standing up to Colorado winter and early spring roads. Not the most durable product you've ever used, but b/c its so easy to apply you can do it after every couple of washes to maintain/build layers in only a few minutes.

For anyone who hasn't checked them out yet the G401 Glass Cleaner and L301 Leather Fast Cleaner are also standouts that I use regularly and really enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan@RUPES View Post

Of the latest additions P808 is my favorite - goes on like a detail spray, protects like a sealant. Has to be one of the easiest to apply sealants I've ever used and for the effort required has been doing an excellent job on my personal vehicles standing up to Colorado winter and early spring roads. Not the most durable product you've ever used, but b/c its so easy to apply you can do it after every couple of washes to maintain/build layers in only a few minutes.
    So 808 is similar to (application wise) UPGP, Crystal Seal, spray sealants like that? Or something more along the lines of V7 or Wolfgang Spritz? Also whats the longevity, i know its not an exact science, and you said it held up well for Colorado winters, can we expect 2-4 months range for a Daily Driver thats maintained but often sees the road of Los Angeles a lot.
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you picked up on these things when trying them out Nick. The Rapid Cleaner Detailer certainly is a departure from the candy shop fragrances and technicolor schemes of what we are used to here in the US, but the team approached the development from a no-nonsense standpoint figuring that if the product would be used worldwide in our BigFoot Detail Centers (of which more are opening all the time) the technicians won't care what the color or smell is, honestly they'd probably prefer not to huff fragrances all day

With the M707 its another no-fluff type of product - I've said many times before that a soap that foams is just for show, like a wheel cleaner that changes color. Might make you feel good, might be fun, but its got very little if anything to do with the performance of the product if its formulated correctly. This soap, being for maintenance, is perfect because it rinses so cleanly and since its not super high foaming won't take you hours to rinse from all the cracks and crevices.

Thank you for chiming in Dylan.

For anyone who hasn't checked them out yet the G401 Glass Cleaner and L301 Leather Fast Cleaner are also standouts that I use regularly and really enjoy.
    I can vouch for these two as well. The glass cleaner is top-notch and the leather cleaner (despite the name, it's more of an "all in one" cleaner/protectant) is up there with the best of them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast