autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chrome Polish

Post Thanks / Like
    Have to have a can of Never Dull if your a bilker. I like it for rims, slides along nicely. A little goes a loooong way!

Post Thanks / Like
    Update...
    Just tried a few more. My test piece was my old stock exhaust I had just taken off of my '98 Road King, so they were nice and nasty in places I could never get to with polish before. First I tried Brasso. Man, one whiff of this stuff and your ready for streaking, wow, do not smell this stuff it'll kill you! Tried it on a blued and nasty looking spot, instant gratification, literally wiped most of the crud right off with little work! Didn't do much at all for rusted spots, not that I tried too hard though. So I tried it on my newly polished running rails on truck, cleane dit up but after waiting for it to haze, it seemed to leave a visible film behind after wiping it off, then again I used a towel with no pull/grit to it. Overall, this $2 can seems to fit a nice little niche for when you need to really clean oxidation and such, that isn't rusty. with little work. Also, bet it iwll work great on the tedious bike rims!
    Next up was Megs new NXT Polysh. this one I really like! Similar test areas, old pipes and newly polished rails. Seems to have a little bite to it, but not nearly as much as TW, Mothers, etc. Easy on/easy off. I think it will work nicely for medium to light duty polishing needs. So overall, both of these polishes are great assests to my arsenal of metal polishes!
    Luckily, as I keep rechroming my bike parts, the old pitted stuff is taken away, but here is my tentative game plan for when I repolish the whole bike again.
    Areas with heavy pits or beginning rust: Neverdull mixed with Turtle
    Everything else, I'll play around with the baove along with my trusted old Wenol Blue.
    Hope this might help some of you!
    I serve society by ROCKING!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone for your offerings and suggestions.

Happy Detailing.

Post Thanks / Like
    I carry a small tube of neverdull. It is easy to pull of a bit and polish up whatever then toss it into the trash. Fits into a small space in my saddlebag too! Got a small detail kit that I take on the roadtrips with some pinnacle stuff. Andrew

Post Thanks / Like
    I just used Megs Chrome polish on my exhaust tips and side steps on my truck and all I got to say is its frikin amazing for the price. As others have said in this post it goes one very easly and comes off just as easy. I would reccomend trying it I picked it up for 3.27 at Walmart very inexpensive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wanted to add, just tried No.7 metal polish, few $ at a local grocery. Wow, gritty! This will be my new go to for heavy cleaning on pitted or rusty stuff, heaviest I have found. Will certainly save some time for bad pieces that need a lot of work.
    I serve society by ROCKING!

Post Thanks / Like
    Briteon2wheels, I've just started cleaning my HD heritage softail classic with the acres of chrome But, my aunt who has been doing this on her HD's for the last 40 years turned me onto the Never-Dull for working on the acres of chrome and the results are great with no scratching. Her bikes pipes etc. always shine like a mirror and are never scratched.

Post Thanks / Like
    +2 on Megs Chrome Polish. Very easy stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    For chrome, nothing I have used is better than One Grands Chrome Polish. Excellent. I have just started using some of Adams Metal Polish 1 and 2 and I am very impressed with it. Almost the whole Adams line is pretty darn good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Poor Boys Pro Polish on the Wheels and PBs BNB on the tires

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast