autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250

2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250

The bike was dropped on the right side, someone decided to repaint using a rattle can spray paint, I didn't doing any sanding , all the owner wanted was to clean it up, bring back the shine the best I could.
    Orange peel was present on everything but the tank, however I did manage to bring out the shine some.

I performed the following....

Foamed down using CG's Maxi-Suds with a little All Purpose Cleaner, let dwell some then washed the bike.
    Used my new Autoscrub Handy Towel to remove contaminants and a lot of over spray., love it
    Washed the wheels, the rear tire was the worst due to chain oil all over the wheel.
    Used my rotary using a four inch yellow pad and Wolfgang Uber Compound.
    Again, used my rotary along with a four inch finishing pad along with the Meguiar's 205.
    Rinse-Less was using DP Rinse-Wash
    Applied two coats of Collinite #845 Insulator.
    Hit it with some Duragloss Aquawax , oh yeah
    Sealed wheels using the Wolfgang Paint Sealant.
    Coated tires using the new Turtle Wax Tire Coat Kit, used the cleaner and applicator pad it came with. Didn't wear any gloves and had a hard time getting the black tint off of my hands, had to use gasoline. Lol
    Sealed all plastic trim using the Wolfgang Trim Sealant.

[ame=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HQeq-NmDD34&app=m&persist_app=1]Cajun Detailing by Kevin - YouTube[/video]

Before pictures.....

No shine....

Scratches.....

Afters.......

Swirls gone but still has scratches.

Shine is back

Later he'll bring it back so I can wet sand the orange peel then buff out again.

Not my best work but then again I did as my client asked, looks much, much better though.
    cajundetailingbykevin.com
    vpcajun@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Quote Originally Posted by HateSwirls View Post
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250

The bike was dropped on the right side, someone decided to repaint using a rattle can spray paint, I didn't doing any sanding , all the owner wanted was to clean it up, bring back the shine the best I could.
    Orange peel was present on everything but the tank, however I did manage to bring out the shine some.

I performed the following....

Foamed down using CG's Maxi-Suds with a little All Purpose Cleaner, let dwell some then washed the bike.
    Used my new Autoscrub Handy Towel to remove contaminants and a lot of over spray., love it
    Washed the wheels, the rear tire was the worst due to chain oil all over the wheel.
    Used my rotary using a four inch yellow pad and Wolfgang Uber Compound.
    Again, used my rotary along with a four inch finishing pad along with the Meguiar's 205.
    Rinse-Less was using DP Rinse-Wash
    Applied two coats of Collinite #845 Insulator.
    Hit it with some Duragloss Aquawax , oh yeah
    Sealed wheels using the Wolfgang Paint Sealant.
    Coated tires using the new Turtle Wax Tire Coat Kit, used the cleaner and applicator pad it came with. Didn't wear any gloves and had a hard time getting the black tint off of my hands, had to use gasoline. Lol
    Sealed all plastic trim using the Wolfgang Trim Sealant.
    You need to go out to that bike immediately and scrub off whatever you put on those tires!

You cannot put dressing on motorcycle tires as it makes the tires VERY slick and you will cause the rider to drop the bike again. No part of a motorcycle tire should ever see an type of dressing period.

New rider does not need to find out the hard way that you do not put dressing on tires, he will fear leaning over on his bike because the tire WILL slide under him when he hits the tire dressing.

With motorcycles you do not dress the tires nor do you dress the grips on the handlebars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by valleyrider View Post
    You need to go out to that bike immediately and scrub off whatever you put on those tires!

You cannot put dressing on motorcycle tires as it makes the tires VERY slick and you will cause the rider to drop the bike again. No part of a motorcycle tire should ever see an type of dressing period.

New rider does not need to find out the hard way that you do not put dressing on tires, he will fear leaning over on his bike /because the tire WILL slide under him when he hits the tire dressing.

With motorcycles you do not dress the tires nor do you dress the grips on the handlebars.
    I know what your talking about but this is a "Dressing".
    It's a coating that will not become slippery.
    It's an acrylic based product.

I've road bikes all my live so trust me when I know what your saying.
    Thanks for the heads up
    Soapy water does nothing in removing it, in fact I'm not sure what would remove it, as I stated it's dry.
    When I rode I never used any dressing because I was always worried I'd lose traction but I went for a spin on this one just for fun.
    Felt good to ride even though it was a few blocks.
    Oh, the owner isn't a new rider, in fact this is his 3-4th bike and loved the idea about coatings.
    vpcajun@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HateSwirls View Post
    I know what your talking about but this is a "Dressing".
    It's a coating that will not become slippery.
    It's an acrylic based product.

I've road bikes all my live so trust me when I know what your saying.
    Thanks for the heads up
    Soapy water does nothing in removing it, in fact I'm not sure what would remove it, as I stated it's dry.
    When I rode I never used any dressing because I was always worried I'd lose traction but I went for a spin on this one just for fun.
    Felt good to ride even though it was a few blocks.
    Oh, the owner isn't a new rider, in fact this is his 3-4th bike and loved the idea about coatings.
    Just making sure!

When I bought one of my bikes a few years ago the dummy decided to put some type of dressing all over the tires right before I showed up to buy the bike, worse ride home ever!

I never had so many "oh crap" moments riding before. I had to pull over and clean off the front just to continue on and from there it felt like every time i leaned just a little the rear tire was drifting out on me. Soon as I got home a took a scotchbrite pad to both tires and scubbed till it was all off.

Post Thanks / Like

Just making sure!

When I bought one of my bikes a few years ago the dummy decided to put some type of dressing all over the tires right before I showed up to buy the bike, worse ride home ever!

I never had so many "oh crap" moments riding before. I had to pull over and clean off the front just to continue on and from there it felt like every time i leaned just a little the rear tire was drifting out on me. Soon as I got home a took a scotchbrite pad to both tires and scubbed till it was all off.
    This bike came to me with what seemed like Armor-All.
    Very oily, I told the owner never to put that on his tires, he agrees and told the buyer on this sell never to do that.
    He was happy to see he can have his tires dark black and safe to ride.

I applied the coating on my RAV last week, washed it this weekend and nothing came off, looks amazing even after a wash not to mention we drove it an hour in the rain going to the hospital.
    Today I didn't use any gloves, the coating dried on my hands and was almost impossible to remove it.
    Truly love this coating

This isn't a spray type coating, sort of like Tuf Shine as in the kit you get the tire cleaner, the coating, a really nice applicator pad and gloves.
    The tire cleaner really cleaned my tires well, removed the Hyper Dressing, the tires were clean without any shine whatsoever.
    I cleaned them three times, on the third try the suds were white.
    vpcajun@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Just making sure!

I would have asked him to remove the dressing before riding the bike home.
    vpcajun@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I would remove it immediately. The coating repels water and will cause the tire to hydroplane when it's leaned over in the rain or on wet roads. My brother learned the hard way (he used tuf shine). Might be ok for a cruiser but a sportbikes tires flex and respond differently.Anything on the sidewalls is a no go.

Sent from my HTCONE using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

Superb pics of the Kawasaki i really impressed and happy to see these pics because specially tire looks good and i did not understand that why the dressing is remove before riding?

Post Thanks / Like

This model of Kawasaki Ninja is my favorite.I love it.You can done a superb work on you bike.Your procedure is true and by the pics you really proof that you can done it well.It look likes a new one.

Post Thanks / Like

Well didn't take long for the guy to crash it, some woman pulled out in front of him, destroyed the bike but he's fine.
    vpcajun@gmail.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast