autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Harley Davidson Road King - extensive detail with EXO

You're right that the side covers were easy to correct, they were just a bit difficult to get in all of the awkward angles. I wasn't sure how to take those side bars off so I used m105 by hand directly underneath it where the buffer couldn't reach.

Going to a body shop tomorrow to pick up some spare panels and will be experimenting and trying a bunch of new techniques pretty soon. That compound/finishing pad - polish/compound pad technique is definitely worth a shot! Lately I've been reading through a lot of Kevin Brown's material.

Do you know what the temperature limits are for OC? C1 is 300 degrees C or 572F

Owner of Dream Detail LLC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TrKent View Post
    You're right that the side covers were easy to correct, they were just a bit difficult to get in all of the awkward angles. I wasn't sure how to take those side bars off so I used m105 by hand directly underneath it where the buffer couldn't reach.
    Good idea to have the owner remove anything that needs removed.... seat, bags, console, side covers etc. Parts are pricey if you break something. You probably know by now but the covers simply pull straight off... they're held be 3-point plastic male fittings on the cover that go into 3 rubber female plugs. Pulling straight is essential.. they used to be metal. If the plastic male fittings break the entire cover has to be replaced :-[

Doing what you can mounted on the bike isn't a bad idea. Those covers won't sit still for a machine correction, you have to try and hold them between your knees to work on 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by TrKent View Post
    Do you know what the temperature limits are for OC? C1 is 300 degrees C or 572F
    No clue. Chris Thomas claimed OC cures faster with heat and responded that chrome exhausts would be a perfect application for OC. I agree.

TL

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Reminds me of when I detailed a rocket and the owner asked for me to use tire shine

Great Job, the Harley looks awesome!!

Post Thanks / Like

Great thread and thanks for the video. What is OC that you two are talking about? Also I looked for the Gtechniq C1 but only found GTechniq C1.5 Silo Seal, is this the same product just an updated version? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Great job on that Harley!

I knew a woman back in the early 70s that had a big Harley. She always said if it tipped over, she'd never be able to pick it, up. She said she solved the problem by making sure she didn't tip it over!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Opiy View Post
    Great thread and thanks for the video. What is OC that you two are talking about? Also I looked for the Gtechniq C1 but only found GTechniq C1.5 Silo Seal, is this the same product just an updated version? Thanks!
    OC stands for Opti-Coat: Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 Permanent Paint Coating

On AG C1 is only sold with C1.5: Gtechniq Crystal Lacquer + Silo Seal Kit

If you are not using EXO, you should top C1 with Silo Seal to add the slick finish that you get from a wax or sealant. C1 by itself is very smooth but not very slick. As in, the back of your fingers do not glide over the surface like with a wax or sealant.

While AG doesn't carry this, C2 can be diluted 1:20 as a quick-detailer to be used as a drying aid for C1 & EXO

Quote Originally Posted by vet View Post
    Great job on that Harley!

I knew a woman back in the early 70s that had a big Harley. She always said if it tipped over, she'd never be able to pick it, up. She said she solved the problem by making sure she didn't tip it over!
    That is definitely the best solution to the problem!!

btw, here is another Harley you all might like:
    Dream Detail - Coming Soon... (Harley skulls inside)

and the video for that one:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmFxJsc5nxE]Harley Davidson Fat Boy 1/200 Skull Paint Set with EXO - YouTube[/video]

Owner of Dream Detail LLC

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Amazing work Travis.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123