autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Whitewall tip

Post Thanks / Like
    Just did my whitewalls yesterday on my bagger. Let me say, what a real pain, they were so bad! I basically use Bleach White 2-3 time son each little section, took forever but lookign great. I didn't even use my magic eraser this time, but once I'm done detailing tonight, I will use one on a efw spots that wouldn't scrub out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scooterguitar
    Just did my whitewalls yesterday on my bagger. Let me say, what a real pain, they were so bad! I basically use Bleach White 2-3 time son each little section, took forever but lookign great. I didn't even use my magic eraser this time, but once I'm done detailing tonight, I will use one on a efw spots that wouldn't scrub out.
    Try the lacquer thinner on a rag..... trust me

Post Thanks / Like
    again

Post Thanks / Like
    But I smoke!
    I'll try it next time. I think this was/is th eworse, the guy I got it off of never cleaned the bike, excpet maybe to rinse it off. Just spent 3 hours doing the chrome, and still loooong form being finsihed. Geesh.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, wondering...Is there anything that coudl be used on the whitewalls that would help keep them cleaner, like a sealant? Klasse AIO work on rubber?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, wondering...Is there anything that coudl be used on the whitewalls that would help keep them cleaner, like a sealant? Klasse AIO work on rubber?

Don't think so.....Klasse on rubber?? maybe it would crack in time, and buffing it off may be a problem........if there were?? it really won't protect against tire scuffs etc. and if there was?? when you cleaned the tires again you'd be cleaning off the so called protector.......

But thats a good question anyway and maybe there is a product , but i doubt it......

Post Thanks / Like
    Griots has a Long Lasting Tire Dressing that has been holding up well for me.
    Ric
    HOGtailing is my business

Detailing at the Dog

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BILL
    A Body shop owner once told me that for the thin whitewalls they use a little lacquer thinner on a dry rag on 1 or 2 passes around the whitewall that really cleans then white.........
    A friend of mine had a 1936 Packard with wide wide white walls and he used the lacquer thinner trick all the time. I know at least one detail shop that uses lacquer thinner on the rare white walls that come in , when they are so bad that nothing else cleans them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry A
    A friend of mine had a 1936 Packard with wide wide white walls and he used the lacquer thinner trick all the time. I know at least one detail shop that uses lacquer thinner on the rare white walls that come in , when they are so bad that nothing else cleans them.

EXACTLY RIGHT.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the tip
    JU

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast