autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Man, I didnt think so much was involved. I was thinking wash, clay bar, polish if needed and wax. Condition leather, plastic, polish wheels, clean engine and thats it.

Ill be doing a friends bike in a little while, a crotch rocket. I dont plan on putting on any tire dressing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help with detailing bikes.-bike_01-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 03gtmustang
    Man, I didnt think so much was involved. I was thinking wash, clay bar, polish if needed and wax. Condition leather, plastic, polish wheels, clean engine and thats it.

Ill be doing a friends bike in a little while, a crotch rocket. I dont plan on putting on any tire dressing.
    Detailing bikes is very involved and Biker's are very particular about their bikes. Your plan of attack sounds good. Some people dress the tires, I never do and I recommend not to dress them for safety's sake. Have fun and let us know how it turns out.
    "Some things are better left unsaid."

Post Thanks / Like
    Alright, heres what Ive got.

Dont get water in the exhaust, obviously.
    Dont get water on electrical equipment, obviously. There isnt much on this bike anyways.
    Dont get a lot of water on the chain.
    I wont use any tire dressing.

Heres what Im planning on in more detail. Not in any special order.
    Wash with NXT, then clay.
    DP wheel glaze
    Plexus on the windshield
    303 on exterior plastic
    Clean seat with DP interior cleaner. Should I condition the leather too? I dont want the seat to be slippery.
    Duragloss metal polish and brightener.
    XMT 360, probably by hand. And top with Natty's paste.

Newbie Member Bryan@FiveStarShine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Make sure if they have a Hypercharger or any other open style air cleaner to cover that up as well.

As far as tires a secret that I have picked up is to add spray pledge on a cloth and then rub it on the SIDEWALL ONLY! Pledge will bring back the natural black color but will not make it shiny, It also doesn't make the tire slick but I would still only place it on the sidewall for safety reasons.

I also put pledge on some of my front end as well because it does a pretty good job of not letting the bugs stick. I mainly use it on the headlight, mirrors, turnsignals, and the front portion of the forks. The key is to use a small amount so that it does not mess up your detailing job. I have not had any issues with yellowing in 3 years of using pledge.

Post Thanks / Like
    pledge huh? I gotta try that

Post Thanks / Like
    My experience from leather is that it's not a problem getting the seat slippery if you don't soak it with conditioner after a proper cleaning. A very soft brush can help out cleaning the leather when using strong leather soap before you use your favourite conditioner. The stuff we use at work comes from Lederzentrum in Germany, I have only good things to say about their products.

It's better to go thin and put on more layers until you are satisfied. You cannot go wrong, man, and let us know the result.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123