autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Electra Glide need advise

I really like your approach on this bike Mike, as always, well written. I have not used the Pinnacle spray you are referring to. I coat my bike with Carpro Cquartz UK, but I have used that product as well as other ceramic coatings. I always struggle when other riders ask what I use on my bike. To explain it to a non detailer type person is hard to do. This is a good approach for most guys.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Just to add a little to the conversation and provide for those reading this in the future...

If you are considering a DA polisher for maintaining your bike, let me suggest a 3-inch version in lieu of the standard 5 or 6-inch version. I've used both and the smaller size is much more useful and practical for most motorcycles. The same could be said for rotary polishers.

Also be forewarned, that regardless of the polisher you use, you will still be doing a fair amount of work by hand as there are many areas that you will not be able to access with the polisher.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aluminum13 View Post
    New Electra Glide need advise

I just upgraded to a new 2020 Harley and want to seal it before I get to far from “clean”.

There is so much information here it gets a wee bit overwhelming so I thought I would ask here in case there was some new or outstanding products or techniques that I should be looking into.

I have not detailed in many years and have been looking through as much as I can here but I’m looking to find the best way to coat or seal the bike before I get it too far gone that I have to do for correction.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

The Harley is about twice as heavy as your Honda. At low speeds and in parking situations, you'll notice that extra caution is required. If at all possible, back into parking spaces. The power difference, as well as the comfort and long range that a 6 gallon tank provides, will astonish you. Get a communications device that works with the Ultra so you can keep in touch with your passenger while taking in the sights. Have fun with it. After that, you'll want to sell your Honda.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The Harley is about twice as heavy as your Honda. At low speeds and in parking situations, you'll notice that extra caution is required. If at all possible, back into parking spaces. The power difference check here, as well as the comfort and long range that a 6 gallon tank provides, will astonish you. Get a communications device that works with the Ultra so you can keep in touch with your passenger while taking in the sights. Have fun with it. After that, you'll want to sell your Honda.

Post Thanks / Like

As already mentioned, there are a million different combinations/products you can use and asking this question is like asking what's better Ford or Chevy, (the obvious answer is Chevy). I personally use a lot of Black Fire products and like using the paint sealant followed with Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Wax. I live in New Mexico and deal with dust and sand just like you. I have the Black Fire Instant Detailer that I can use after a ride, before the next ride (dust gathers while it sits, even with the cover on it). It's kept my bike looking great I hate looking down at the tank on a ride and seeing halos, this process has worked great for me at preventing them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123