autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Electra Glide need advise

Thanks for all the advise! I live in the desert and ride a lot so the dust and grime is hard on a nice finish hence the idea of get this done before I mess up a nice new paint job. I will give these ideas a go and post up how it looks.

Post Thanks / Like

like stated earlier, for me (non sandy conditions), i prefer the waxing over the coating as the coating slightly hardens the surface and any imperfection is some what locked in...if you are anything like my self, i take pride and enjoy cleaning my bike. it relaxes me, but when i see a slight mar or indication...i can easily hand polish and restore, versus fighting a coating

i would suggest to start with a good look over, polish what is needed, and apply a good carnuba wax. Not sold here but on harley paint particularly, Wizards detailing spray seems to work amazingly well. i am more than certain others will also, but i always keep a bottle in my side bag.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Living in Arizona and with the dust out here I have been told to stay away from wax as it is a magnet to dust and we have it everywhere. I have little knowledge on ceramics or any other coatings but my last wax job worked out well for a bit but the dust and grime seemed to love my bike and black shows everything! Now I have a new blue and silver two tone.

Post Thanks / Like

Something I have learned over the years both as a rider and one that sold Harleys, most guys have no idea how to care their bikes. These guys love using pledge to clean and "polish" their bikes. Seriously I've come across hundreds that think totally swirled paint is perfect just because it has ashine to it. The best thing you can do is a ceramic coating especially on the batwing since they tend to get most abuse.

Post Thanks / Like

Over the years with my bikes I’ve learned it isn’t the paint that is so much the hard part. It’s the black metal on the cylinder heads and case, and the water that gets in the nooks and crannies. Once that stuff gets water spots, game over. I use compressed air or a small blower to blow these areas out, and spray them with pig spit. It repels water, doesn’t attract dust and isn’t greasy. Leaves a nice dressed look.
    There may be a better way or product and I’d love some information also if there is.

Enjoy it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I just got my Dr. Beasley’s NSP Z1 and a real small bottle (50ml) of Pinnacle Black Label 8 Fifty. I hope that wee bottle is enough to last awhile. Pricy stuff! I have some micro fiber application pads and micro towels. If there is a good way to prime the bike before goin on with a hand application let me know your ideas. Now to get a sore elbow!
    Thanks for all the info so far!

Post Thanks / Like

Advise?

I too have the same bike, except mine is a 2019 and it is black.

Regardless of the products you use, my advice is to be prepared to devote a significant amount of time, dedication, attention-to-detail, and patience if you want to keep it looking pristine.

As for the products that mine sees...
    - Meguiar's D115 Rinse Free Express Wash and Wax
    - Meguiar's 205 Ultra Finishing Polish
    - Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax
    - Meguiar's Cleaner Wax, Liquid (OTC)
    - Meguiar's Ultimate Black Plastic Restorer
    - Meguiar's Motorcycle EZ Clean
    - S100 Total Cycle Cleaner
    - S100 Motorcycle Engine Brightener

Post Thanks / Like

i can concur with the black...i did chrome lower legs, inner & outer primary and all controls and apes. i can almost guaranty that had i still had that bike...every part on it would be coated with Pinnacle diamond shine coating.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I think either I ordered (most likely) or got the wrong coating. Diamond ceramic coating Pro vs diamond surface coating. I got the Pro bottle! What is the difference? And can I use the Pro or does in need more skill than I have.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Aluminum13 View Post
    I think either I ordered (most likely) or got the wrong coating. Diamond ceramic coating Pro vs diamond surface coating. I got the Pro bottle! What is the difference? And can I use the Pro or does in need more skill than I have.
    That’s a great product too - use it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast