autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars Ultimate Wheel Cleaner on Spokes

Has anyone used Meguiars Ultimate Wheel Cleaner on spoke wheels specifically chrome hoop with cadmium spokes is what I am asking about. I emailed Meguiars they told me they didn't know and to ask the manufacturer which said don't use an acid based wheel cleaner and even though this isn't they don't know because it hasn't been tested at the factory. I don't want to take any chances because the wheels are like new but would like to know if anyone has used it in this application.

Mike Phillips

Re: Meguiars Ultimate Wheel Cleaner on Spokes

Hi ljfarrell,

I have not used this cleaner on these types of wheels, I quit riding motorcycles a few years after I lost my leg. I did buy 2 Yamaha 750s after I lost my leg but one day the thought of what life would be like if I lost my other leg came into my brain and I sold my last bike and haven't ridden since then.

I miss riding both kinds of bikes.

But to your question, I worked for Meguiar's for 11 years, great company and great products. I also was a writer for the company and I know their inner workings. When they put out a product in any of their consumer lines, it is absolutely Bubba-Proof. As long as ou follow directions and don't let the product dry on the surface, that's a bubba-proofing direction), you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

On their product page here's what it states,

Meguiar's(R) Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner, G180124, 24 oz., Spray | Meguiar's

Meguiar’s ® Ultimate All Wheel Cleaner delivers our most powerful cleaning performance that is also safe for all wheel and brake finishes!

This advanced chemistry blends road grime attacking surfactants with active brake dust dissolving agents. The deep-cleaning gel formula turns brake dust purple and road grime brown as it gently loosens stubborn contaminants. And since it’s acid free and pH balanced this wheel cleaner is safe and effective for all wheel finishes and painted brake components.

On the intro page for their consumer line it says this,

Acid free and pH balanced - Safe for all wheel finishes!
    Safe on painted brake components

If in doubt, then take the UBER safe route and use the

Meguiar's® Hot Rims™ Aluminum Wheel Cleaner
    Meguiar's(R) Hot Rims™ Aluminum Wheel Cleaner, G14324, 24 oz., Spray | Meguiar's

Meguiar's® Hot Rims™ Aluminum Wheel Cleaner is engineered specifically for uncoated aluminum and other delicate materials used in many aftermarket wheels. Heavier cleaners may damage delicate metals and ruin their appearance. Hot Rims™ Aluminum Wheel Cleaner is the ultra-safe solution for cleaning sensitive aftermarket wheels. This specially designed formula is guaranteed safe for uncoated and polished aluminum wheels, as well as for anodized and power-coated wheels. Our Xtreme Cling™ foam grabs vertical surfaces to deliver effective cleaning and gently remove brake dust and grime

Any consumer brand of wheel cleaner made to clean UNCOATED ALUMINUM is going to be SUPER UBER SAFE.

Now how about a picture of your bike?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiars Ultimate Wheel Cleaner on Spokes

So are you thinking the hot rims aluminum is more gentle and Meguiars isn't mentioning uncoated/aluminum in the ultimate cleaner on purpose even though they claim all wheels? I just looked up cadmium and wheel cleaners and some mentioned not to use cadmium right in description but I'm guessing they were acidic.