autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

ONR and windshield care.

Hello, just curious if a product like ONR would be a good option for motorcycles? Also I have swirls on my windshield and wondering what's the best way to correct this? I dont want to ruin the plastic.

I have a 2018 gsxr if that helps.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Mike Phillips

Re: ONR and windshield care.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGsxr View Post

Hello, just curious if a product like ONR would be a good option for motorcycles?
    Would be a safe, gentle approach.

We're you going to rinseless wash?

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGsxr View Post

Also I have swirls on my windshield and wondering what's the best way to correct this? I dont want to ruin the plastic.

I have a 2018 gsxr if that helps.
    Most of the motorcycle windshields are either polycarbonate or some form of Lexan. Be very careful the first time you use anything on it. My experience is it's impossible to make Lexan perfect, (and that's the expectation of people that have never buffed on Lexan), when abrading it with a polish to remove swirls and scratches.

Meguir's PlastX is recommended for this type of stuff.

Also - because this is your first post - welcome to AGO!

Mike Phillips

Just to add....

The common human being tends to refer to most clear plastics as

Plexiglas

But that's not the case in modern days. Plexiglas is a very soft clear plastic that was used before the 1980s. I really like it because it's easy to fix unlike most other modern clear plastics.

I remember trying PlastX on this 1965 Corvette back window and it left micro-marring, first time I had seen it with PlastX but again - could have to do with the plastic being very soft and prone to scratching easily.

I fixed it with a really expensive fine cut polish from the Pinnacle line. See before, during and after pictures here,

Polishing Plexiglas to be as clear as glass using Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish

But.... I'm not a YouTube Influencer so take any info you get from me with a grain of cyber salt.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the welcoming! I have been following the Facebook page since I really started my interest in detailing, and I wanted to get in here aswell for more resources to learn. I have found it very therapeutic and is helping me . I feel pretty good about detailing the interior of cars, but exterior I lack a lot of knowledge haha. As far as the motorcycle topic goes, I thought rinseless might be a great option for motorcycles, but there may be better options. I want to care for mine for sure, however I have a friend who is willing to give me business with his MC. I want to make sure I do the best I can for them, especially since I've been researching nothing but car care.

I will defiantly check into the type of plastic used for my windshield aswell as check out the link you posted when I get home. I am trying to gather info from all sorts of people so no worries on the YouTube part haha.