autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

How to Wash & Wax your Motorcycle, the proper way!

Hey guys!

I am a part time detailer on the side, and I always get asked how should you tackle detailing your motorcycle, so I decided I could make a information step by step video to share with you all !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIEWgwJmjR0

Hope you enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to Wash & Wax your Motorcycle, the proper way!

So! We're supposed to know you're a part-time detailer with only two posts? Just making a point.

Welcome to the forum.
    Bill

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman View Post
    So! We're supposed to know you're a part-time detailer with only two posts? Just making a point.

Welcome to the forum.
    Long time lurker Have been detailing as a side business for 3 years quite successfully

Thank you for the welcoming hands! My business is actually Contrast Detailing!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it matters if it's post #1 or #1000. Canadianrider put out an informative, well produced video as one of his first posts. Judging by the looks of his work, I think your MC would leave his garage in much better condition than when it entered.

Welcome to AGO.

I have to make one product recommendation. I loved Meguiars Gold Class, until I tried Optimum's car wash. You can get a 32oz bottle for $10. Meguiars is a great shampoo, but I really like Optimum so much more.

5. Likes tmdals0213 liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post
    I don't think it matters if it's post #1 or #1000. Canadianrider put out an informative, well produced video as one of his first posts. Judging by the looks of his work, I think your MC would leave his garage in much better condition than when it entered.

Welcome to AGO.

I have to make one product recommendation. I loved Meguiars Gold Class, until I tried Optimum's car wash. You can get a 32oz bottle for $10. Meguiars is a great shampoo, but I really like Optimum so much more.

Thanks LEDetailing

Unfortunately I don't think we get those amazing prices in Canada for Optimum Any reason why it is so much better?
    I can usually get a gallon of Gold Class for $15 here in Canada !

Post Thanks / Like

Thx for the video! I'm loving the paint brush solution to getting into the tough little areas of a bike... I detail my husband's motorcycle for him and this is perfect! Great tip!

BTW- welcome to the forum!
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Rider View Post
    Thanks LEDetailing

Unfortunately I don't think we get those amazing prices in Canada for Optimum Any reason why it is so much better?
    I can usually get a gallon of Gold Class for $15 here in Canada !
    Gold Glass dries out my hands. Optimum does not. I would just try Optimum and see what you think. It seems Optimum has better lubrication. Plus the dilution ration is 1/2 oz Optimum to one gallon water. The stuff is thick as molasses in January. With that being said, I would buy Gold Class anytime too.

I would make a recommendation that could save you money in shampoo when I comes to washing a MC. Buy 3-5 quality wash mitts, I like the style you are using. Try Meguiars white MF wash mitt, awesome ( btw), fill up a 1gal/2gal of water and your desired amount of soap. Take the grit guard out and once you are done with a mitt, put the used mitt in an empty bucket. Like a GD rinseless, but with reg shampoo and rinse. You will save water and save on soap. You don't have to worry about any dirt being reintroduced into your wash bucket, only clean wash mitts ever enter, never to return This would theoretically work on a car but you would need 10 wash mitts and mor water and soap.

I think a Grit Guard occupies too much water when you compare it to the amount of water/shampoo needed to wash a small MC. Don't get me wrong, I continue to uses Grit Guards with my cars, but if I owned a MC I would not use a grit guard.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post
    Gold Glass dries out my hands. Optimum does not. I would just try Optimum and see what you think. It seems Optimum has better lubrication. Plus the dilution ration is 1/2 oz Optimum to one gallon water. The stuff is thick as molasses in January. With that being said, I would buy Gold Class anytime too.

I would make a recommendation that could save you money in shampoo when I comes to washing a MC. Buy 3-5 quality wash mitts, I like the style you are using. Try Meguiars white MF wash mitt, awesome ( btw), fill up a 1gal/2gal of water and your desired amount of soap. Take the grit guard out and once you are done with a mitt, put the used mitt in an empty bucket. Like a GD rinseless, but with reg shampoo and rinse. You will save water and save on soap. You don't have to worry about any dirt being reintroduced into your wash bucket, only clean wash mitts ever enter, never to return This would theoretically work on a car but you would need 10 wash mitts and mor water and soap.

I think a Grit Guard occupies too much water when you compare it to the amount of water/shampoo needed to wash a small MC. Don't get me wrong, I continue to uses Grit Guards with my cars, but if I owned a MC I would not use a grit guard.
    Screw it, gonna order some Optimum now, you really have me wanting to try it Thanks so much for the suggestions and replies, I love this community!

Thanks for the other helpful advice as well, dry hands from Gold Class has been my hate as well

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoyed watching your video!

I have Red Ducati Panigale 1198s coming in 2 weeks, cant wait
    Please like my page

Jae @ ONYX Detail Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Canadian Rider,

Did you get any Optimum car wash yet? I just tried Duragloss 902 wash. Another awesome choice. Not as concentrated as Optimum. Duragloss leaves something behind but I like it. I will keep both Optimum and Duragloss in my inventory.

When you do get the Optimum let us know how you like it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast