autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

» Detailing Classes

New Dates Available for the Autogeek Roadshow!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Director of Training Mike Phillips's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

McKee’s RV Bug Remover Lubricant - 32 ounce

Use with our Safe Scrub Bug Sponge for quick, easy bug removal!

McKee’s RV Bug Remover Lubricant is a specially formulated spray-on cleaner that softens and aids in the removal of stubborn bug splatter. Bug Remover Lubricant provides ample lubrication for our bug cleaning sponge, helping prevent scratching and marring. Special enzymes attack the acidic byproducts of bug splatter, cleansing the surface to prevent long term damage like etching. Use on all exterior surfaces.

As soon as an insect splats against your front bumper, it immediately begins to break down. As the insect remains break down, enzymes are released that etch your clear coat, gel coat or fiberglass RV causing unsightly damage that cannot be undone. This is especially true for the infamous love bug, a common bug found in the South Eastern United States and throughout Florida. Spray McKee’s RV Bug Remover Lubricant onto the affected surfaces and wipe them clean with the McKee’s RV Safe Scrub Bug Sponge. Removing stubborn bug splatter has never been easier!

We’ve all heard of a special household remedy for removing bugs from your RV. We’ve tested them all through trial and error, and none of them work as well as our Safe Scrub Bug Sponge paired with McKee’s RV Bug Remover Lubricant. McKee’s RV Safe Scrub Bug Sponge uses its honey-comb design to essentially shave off bug splatter, leaving your RV clean and bug free.

Use the Safe Scrub by dunking it into your wash bucket, or better yet, simply spray McKee’s RV Bug Remover Lubricant onto the surface and then swipe the sponge over the area until it’s clean.

32 oz.

Made in USA

At McKeesRV.com

Mike Phillips
    Director of Training Autogeek & Marine 31
    IDA Board Member - Certified Detailer - Skills Validated Detailer - IDA Recognized Trainer
    Mike Phillips Facebook Page
    Twitter
    Instagram
    Mike Phillips Detail Files YouTube Playlist
    Sign-up for Mike's Tips & Techniques Newsletter

Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee’s RV Bug Remover Lubricant - 32 ounce

Bugs and bug splatter are unavoidable - make removing them fast and easy!

Spray on some McKee's RV Bug Remover Lubricant and safely remove bug splatter

The perfect companion product for McKee's RV Bug Remover Lubricant

Mike Phillips
    IDA Board Member - Certified Detailer - Skills Validated Detailer - IDA Recognized Trainer
    Twitter
    Instagram

Post Thanks / Like

Forgive my ignorance here, but could this be used on normal auto's too? Is there a difference in the paint used on RV's?

Besides size, is there a difference between the RV bug scrubber and the one sold in the DP line?

My wife drives through rural areas for work and the vehicle is always a real mess from bugs this time of year. A product like this paired to the sponge would be a huge help.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post

Forgive my ignorance here, but could this be used on normal auto's too? Is there a difference in the paint used on RV's?
    Yes. Most RVs are either painted or gel-coat and you can use this on either. The paints used on RV's are automotive clears.

Besides size, is there a difference between the RV bug scrubber and the one sold in the DP line?
    I don't know the specifics on formulas but my guess would be they are similar in formula and function.

You ask great questions but let me interject something that can sometimes be overlooked in the car detailing "forum world".

This is a complete line of products created for RV, Motorhome and 5th Wheel owners. It has it's own dedicated website store. As we provide the education aspect to this demographic group they will be looking for an "RV Line" of products. So it only makes sense to include a complete line of product offerings and that means that those of us that live, eat and breathe car detailing will see products in this RV line that will be similar to products in an automotive line but that's not the entire big picture.

From our work and reach into the RV world there will be people going to the RV site for products for their RV. We're not going to ask them to go to two sites to get multiple brands and we're also going to attempt to keep things simple to avoid confusion. Thus a COMPLETE RV line of products. Kind of Marketing 101.

Good question.

My wife drives through rural areas for work and the vehicle is always a real mess from bugs this time of year. A product like this paired to the sponge would be a huge help.
    Definitely. And especially during bug mating or bug hatching season.

Mike Phillips
    Twitter
    Instagram

Post Thanks / Like

Great post, Mike, and answers to good questions.

I think your post and comments about a complete line of RV products and a dedicated website line of thought...can also be applied to a detailer marketing their own detailing business, whether that be strictly cars or the whole gamut, cars, RV's, boats, and even planes and it ties in perfectly with offering specific levels of detailing care for each of these.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the information, Mike. I really appreciate it.

The main reason for my question regarding the bug scrubber was I already own the one from DP line. The RV one looks larger and thicker, but it appears to be very similar otherwise.

I use Poor Boys Bug Squash now with good results, but that product has no lubrication at all. Having a product I can use with the bug scrubber directly without having to dig out the bucket and soap will be a big help.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman View Post
    Great post, Mike, and answers to good questions.

I think your post and comments about a complete line of RV products and a dedicated website line of thought...can also be applied to a detailer marketing their own detailing business, whether that be strictly cars or the whole gamut, cars, RV's, boats, and even planes and it ties in perfectly with offering specific levels of detailing care for each of these.
    Sure it can.

What I've seen historically is detailers will include all modes of transportation as services they offer on a single website.

This approach seems to work fine. If a person were to try to put themselves into the shoes of their customer and think like they think then there might be a stronger attraction to a boat owner that finds a website where all the marketing is focused at boat owners, not everything. Same for cars, RV's, planes and bikes.

It might not be a huge advantage but it might be the advantage that wins the customer over.

For example a boat owner might really be focused in on finding a detailer that specialized in boats. Not a detailer that focuses on everything with an engine.

Nice post Bill, lots of food for thought....

Mike Phillips
    Twitter
    Instagram