autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

» Detailing Classes

New Dates Available for the Autogeek Roadshow!
    Post Thanks / Like

McKee's 37 Hydro Blue Sio2 went bad, precipitants?

Hi, I have a gallon of McKee's 37 Hydro Blue SiO2 coating 128 oz in it's original container (the black gallon jug). Had this for a year or so, used sparsely and loved it. Recently noticed the solution forms blue precipitants which are light weighted (floating on surface). sometimes when I spray hydro blue on paint, the blue particles got on to the paint as well and they are pretty difficult to be rinsed off. Took quite a bit elbow grease to buff them off during drying. I can use a filter to remove the existing precipitants but the clear solution continues to form such particles. Wonder if the solution is going bad? Should I keep using it (still got quite a bit left).

I will attach a photo showing the particles caught by filter.

McKee's 37 Hydro Blue Sio2 went bad, precipitants?-20191202_193143111-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails McKee's 37 Hydro Blue Sio2 went bad, precipitants?-20191202_193143112221-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee's 37 Hydro Blue Sio2 went bad, precipitants?

Have you tried to contact Nick ?

Post Thanks / Like

McKees37 customer service is fantastic. I am sure Nick will address that issue ASAP...
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Had the same think happen to me. Contacted McKee's and they took care of me. Unfortunately the new gallon I was sent appears to be doing the exact same thing. They said that shouldn't happen and they have never seen it before. I love the product but I think I will start using something else. I can't imagine my luck is that bad and it's not more common and dealing with getting the gunk off your paint is a major PITA.

No hard feeling towards McKee's though. It's a great product when it works and their customer service is top notch. I just think after my experience this is one of their products I will not be using anymore.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by szjalo View Post
    Hi, I have a gallon of McKee's 37 Hydro Blue SiO2 coating 128 oz in it's original container (the black gallon jug). Had this for a year or so, used sparsely and loved it. Recently noticed the solution forms blue precipitants which are light weighted (floating on surface). sometimes when I spray hydro blue on paint, the blue particles got on to the paint as well and they are pretty difficult to be rinsed off. Took quite a bit elbow grease to buff them off during drying. I can use a filter to remove the existing precipitants but the clear solution continues to form such particles. Wonder if the solution is going bad? Should I keep using it (still got quite a bit left).

I will attach a photo showing the particles caught by filter.

McKee's 37 Hydro Blue Sio2 went bad, precipitants?-20191202_193143111-jpg
    I regret hearing this, but I'm excited to help. Please send me an email with your info so I can get a new gallon in the mail. Nick@McKees37.com

Quote Originally Posted by EKhatch View Post
    Had the same think happen to me. Contacted McKee's and they took care of me. Unfortunately the new gallon I was sent appears to be doing the exact same thing. They said that shouldn't happen and they have never seen it before. I love the product but I think I will start using something else. I can't imagine my luck is that bad and it's not more common and dealing with getting the gunk off your paint is a major PITA.

No hard feeling towards McKee's though. It's a great product when it works and their customer service is top notch. I just think after my experience this is one of their products I will not be using anymore.
    I'm blessed that we sell truckloads of Hydro Blue (literally), and quality issues are few and far between. Right now I'm leaning towards bad luck more than anything else. If you give me another shot, I won't let you down.

6. Thanks Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick McKees37 View Post
    I'm blessed that we sell truckloads of Hydro Blue (literally), and quality issues are few and far between. Right now I'm leaning towards bad luck more than anything else. If you give me another shot, I won't let you down.
    Thank you Nick. Your customer service continues to impress.