autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: How To Discipline Your Self On All-In-One 1-Step Polishes and Maximize Your Profits/Time Efficiency

Re: How To Discipline Your Self On All-In-One 1-Step Polishes and Maximize Your Profits/Time Efficiency

Excellent write up, thanks for sharing and photos, you definitely hit it on the nail, most customers will not maintain

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

How To Discipline Your Self On All-In-One 1-Step Polishes and Maximize Your Profits/Time Efficiency

Joe, this article couldn't have come at a better time. I moved from NH to AZ, and am trying to reboot my business from the ground up. I moved from a small community where I had ties into a large geo area.

I have no customer base, no ties to the community, so this is an up hill battle. Reading Zach's post last week made me question myself.

I'm determined but this is going to mean a complete overhaul of the business. New package offerings, new business name, and of course the dreaded social media.

This article is a way to infuse new business to build growth, referrals and customers.

Thank you. There is some hope!

Re: How To Discipline Your Self On All-In-One 1-Step Polishes and Maximize Your Profits/Time Efficiency

Quote Originally Posted by LSNAutoDetailing View Post
    Joe, this article couldn't have come at a better time. I moved from NH to AZ, and am trying to reboot my business from the ground up. I moved from a small community where I had ties into a large geo area.

I have no customer base, no ties to the community, so this is an up hill battle. Reading Zach's post last week made me question myself.

I'm determined but this is going to mean a complete overhaul of the business. New package offerings, new business name, and of course the dreaded social media.

This article is a way to infuse new business to build growth, referrals and customers.

Thank you. There is some hope!

Im glad I can help! This is exactly why I wrote this article.

Sometimes we always go overboard and act like the members of this very forum are going to inspect our work lol. Give the customer what they paid for and move on!

Moving Next Level to florida was a learning curve for me as well, I mostly been performing One-Steps and AIO packages to build a customer base.

You have to start from some where.

"The Journey of 1,000 miles starts with a single step"

Good Luck buddy.

I've realized this myself, as I struggled briefly how to differentiate an AIO to a 1 step.
    I do 2 passes though..left to right and up and down when I'm able... Just like I would if I were to wax/seal.

And I Now use either a MF or cs2 wool pad and ditched th gloss pad .
    I've also been guilty of using HD speed for​ correction. And various​ pads...9.5 hrs for a quad cab ram...

That's a great read! Some valuable info there especially for those just starting in the business. I have since learned to communicate with the customer and b4 I touch a vehicle, I thouroughly discuss their concerns and then address them as needed. Some people just want a cleaner, shinier improvement on their vehicle and they are thrilled. Disciplining yourself to do this with an AIO is hard. May not be the results we are ideally after but it is what the client wants and Are willing to pay for. To quote Mr Phillips most people don't know the difference between a squirrel and a swirl is a great motto when we learn to address that properly with a client.

Again... Fantastic write up!!!
    Jim

Did you use 360 on glass?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Route246 View Post
    Did you use 360 on glass?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If so, does it stain rubber trim?

Great write up!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Autogeekonline mobile app

Been there, done that. Excellent write up.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567