autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How To Discipline Your Self On All-In-One 1-Step Polishes and Maximize Your Profits/Time Efficiency

does the 360 aio stain trim or do you just tape it off as common practice?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How To Discipline Your Self On All-In-One 1-Step Polishes and Maximize Your Profits/Time Efficiency

Thanks Joe, for a well crafted and thought out article. This is exactly the kind of information that originally drew me to this website.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Nice write up. You're starting to give Mike Phillips a run for his money with your write up skills.

And of course, its all about making the customer happy, keeping expectations realistic, and making a profit.

I personally have approached a similar job like this using Wolfgang Uber, and not polishing. Maybe I got a little more defects out of the paint, and Uber finishes down really well. And then I quickly hit the car with some protection. So that could be another time saving approach to a really bad car as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Good stuff guys.. I'm actually dealing with this same exact situation at the moment. 1 of those agreed to it before I actually saw it deals [now there's another lesson] for a co worker of mine... This is a Nissan Altima, and look at the condition of this paint. [this is after wash & clay]

Look at these freakin swirls wow it's even worse in person!

I'm hooking up the hood... Fast Correcting Cream w/LC Orbital Blue Foam Cutting Pad.

... But the rest of the car's getting Mckee's 360 w/Rupes Green Pad. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JeffM View Post
    I haven't seen any staining, but I still tape. It doesn't take long and gives me a little more peace of mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JeffM View Post
    I haven't seen any staining, but I still tape. It doesn't take long and gives me a little more peace of mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Great write up Joe! Amazing read and this should help people getting started with detailing on how NOT to chase perfection when doing AIO jobs. I make this same mistake myself til now.

You say you only allow one buffing cycle per panel and move on. How many section passes do you do in one buffing cycle? You mentioned you wait until the polish disappears. So would you still keep on polishing if you've already done 8 section passes and the polish hasn't disappeared yet?
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by willowcat11 View Post
    I noticed on my Mckee's 360 AIO bottle says that uses a chemical cleaner, and in other AIOs they might have light abrasives.

Does this mean that 360 will not clean as well as AIO's that contain light abrasives?
    360 does have an abrasive component.
    McKee's 37 360 Corrects, Cleans, Seals 360 corrects, cleans, and seals auto paint! 360 is more than a cleaner wax, its a swirl remover, polish, and

Post Thanks / Like

And now another word from the peanut gallery...

First off Joe your article is nothing short of amazing, captivating, so truthful and too many other superlatives to name here, but in a word, great job.
    I don't think you can call yourself a professional or a hobby detailer if you haven't made that mistake at least once. However to do the job in 3 hours still require a few shortcuts in other areas such as:

Time spend cleaning the wheels and wheel wells.
    Decontamination, wheather using clay, Iron-X or other decon products.
    How through the washing process.
    Vacuuming and cleaning the interior.

I guess you get a little faster with practice but I think most of us get caught up in not only paint protection but paint perfection as well. This article will surely help me to be mindful on a job as such. Something I wonder is what kind of durability should be expected and how well do other LSPs like sealants bond on top of AIOs. I know, I know, if the customer is paying minimal prices durability is more of a non-factor. When doing a AIO on someone's car I wouldn't talk so much about scratch removal as much as I'd mention simply brightining the paint work. Scratch and defect removal would be the added bonus.

My my .02.

Thanks for such a well written article.
    Always keep the shine in your life.

Post Thanks / Like

Joe,

I know you meant this for the pros, but as an amateur that only does their own daily drivers I really appreciate this great information. This is why I spend time on this form, the other reason only being my obsession to buy more products from AGO. I guess I need a bottle of MK's 360!

Thanks!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast