autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Glass coating cool effect

Re: Glass coating cool effect

Quote Originally Posted by chefwong View Post
    Got it. Working the windshield 1st. Could the heat *front blasting* could have helped/aided in melting the ice off the door windows. Just trying to see if was the product that literally kept the ice off and was it aided by some heat ...nevertheleast, kewl vid
    Yes that was my process, I don't think heat was too much of a factor though. I started the car and had the windshield cleared in a minute, the video was taken within two minutes of starting the car. Outside temp was about 20 degrees, I'm not sure how much the window got heated up in that short time.

The entire car was cleared in under 5 minutes by that point warm air was just starting to come out of the vents. I certainly don't fully understand the science as to why that happened, but it was pretty cool. I did my normal pre-driving ice clearing routine and the ice didn't seem to stick to the windows. The only thing I can assume caused that was the coating. Since the car is garage kept, it doesn't see too much ice that thick but I will be trying this little test soon if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post
    Cool! Once you have good protection on your windshield, driving without seems almost dangerous.

No coating on my car, but I do use Uber rinseless at detail dilution on the glass or Meg's D156. I would like to try a coating, but those two work so well and are so economical.
    A coating is next level compared to D156 on glass. Lasts longer and much lower roll off speeds.
    The cost is hard to justify in comparison, but the results are worth the $30-$40 for a glass coating.
    The Guz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmb5450 View Post
    I completely agree, I will never have a protection free windshield as long as I live. My brother never washes his car. When he was home over thanksgiving I washed, clayed, and added protection to his windows. He called me and said whatever I did to make the water bead and roll off the window was so helpful. I realized I take the benefits for granted anymore.

The building in the back ground is a wood working business/ fire extinguisher business. My house is facing the other way.

Does he call it witchcraft? My girl cousin who tends to neglect her car was so mesmerized she couldn't stop admiring the water beads. And yes, I have a collection of windshield coatings as much as waxes.
    Off topic. Nice rims BTW, I wish I could afford it on my Mz3 1HB 15 if I had a garage. In NYC chances to see car on the bricks too high that I passed to swap even the stock tires.

Quote Originally Posted by VeloNYC View Post
    Does he call it witchcraft? My girl cousin who tends to neglect her car was so mesmerized she couldn't stop admiring the water beads. And yes, I have a collection of windshield coatings as much as waxes.
    Off topic. Nice rims BTW, I wish I could afford it on my Mz3 1HB 15 if I had a garage. In NYC chances to see car on the bricks too high that I passed to swap even the stock tires.
    Haha, it is like witchcraft. Thanks for the compliment on the rims, I am a big fan of how they look on the car, they are called Incubus Paranormal. I am very fortunate to have a garage that my car lives in, I don't have to worry about any rims being stolen

That's a neat effect.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12