autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Live Detailing Class - Prep Wash for Paint Correction & Ceramic Coating - 2017 Shelby Mustang GT350

Live Detailing Class - Prep Wash for Paint Correction & Ceramic Coating - 2017 Shelby Mustang GT350

Here's the 2017 Shelby Mustang GT350 we did a prep wash and mechanical decontamination to in order to prep for paint correction and ceramic coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: HOW-TO: PREP WASH - Live Detailing Class - TUESDAY June 16th at 3:00pm Eastern Time

I still get a kick out of the "Old two door....." references, Mike. Lol
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: HOW-TO: PREP WASH - Live Detailing Class - TUESDAY June 16th at 3:00pm Eastern Time

Awesome, I like the GT350 a lot.
    Bruno Soares

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post

I still get a kick out of the "Old two door....." references, Mike. Lol

Yeah my comedy it a tick on the dry side. Some get it, some don't.

Post Thanks / Like

I watched live, my first time. I enjoyed! Definitely will watch again, even if it’s informative background video while I finish my desk job.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post

I watched live, my first time. I enjoyed!

Definitely will watch again, even if it’s informative background video while I finish my desk job.

Thanks for tuning in - in all of these videos I basically do a brain-dump on the topic whatever it is. I also share car wax history and other tidbits that apply to the project or process.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Thanks for tuning in - in all of these videos I basically do a brain-dump on the topic whatever it is. I also share car wax history and other tidbits that apply to the project or process.

I want to mention that I enjoy the live aspect. It brings out the realities we all face ourselves when doing our detailing. Like I believe the Mustang had dried before you started re-lubing for clay and technically you could have started claying immediately when the car was still wet to save time. You missed it because you were explaining things to a live audience. I miss things like that because my wife may come out and ask me some questions.

Either way, the live aspect brings out the reality in detailing, including how things don’t go exactly the way you plan and how to get back to the task at hand. This mimics real life for me so it’s nice to see.

Post Thanks / Like

those videos are fun to watch,you guys work together real good. what kind of towels did you use when washing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by john b View Post
    those videos are fun to watch,you guys work together real good. what kind of towels did you use when washing?
    He used the short nap grey all purpose towels. They come with a lot of products in bundles. Good towels.

Something like these (hopefully the same ones?):
    Gray Edgeless Polishing Microfiber Cloth

Mike Phillips

Like I believe the Mustang had dried before you started re-lubing for clay and technically you could have started claying immediately when the car was still wet to save time.

You missed it because you were explaining things to a live audience.

Yep - that was a mistake on my part. Should have rinsed after washing and then right to claying.

Caught my mistake and owned-up to in "live" because I would rather admit a mistake then cause confusing about what we we're dong and thus what someone else should do if they want to follow the techniques and order shared in this video.

Either way, the live aspect brings out the reality in detailing, including how things don’t go exactly the way you plan and how to get back to the task at hand.

This mimics real life for me so it’s nice to see.

Thanks for commenting.

What I like personally is sharing "how-to" info. After hosting 2 TV shows that are SO staged - I find instead of all the primping that goes into trying to make a TV show "look real", just turn the freaking cameras on and go with it.

Plus we're showing cars in the same fashion that I work by - that is - INSTEAD of TRYING to find a car to do something to - we just take WHATEVER I have in front of me and work with it. It's the real-deal.

We share more info in one of the "live" videos than we probably ever did in any of our TV shows. And it's fun too.

Nothing wrong with all the TV shows we did, they were fun to but like all TV shows - there's simply so much mock-up and staging when I "think" that what people really like is content that HELPS them, not theatrics.

11. Likes PaulMys, acuRAS82 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast