autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

Complete List of Live Broadcast Videos on YouTube - Yancy Martinez & Mike Phillips

Complete List of Live Broadcast Videos on YouTube - Yancy Martinez & Mike Phillips

Our LIVE Detailing Classes are at 3:00pm Eastern Time every Thursday.

YouTube - You can interact LIVE via the comments section

Facebook - You can interact LIVE via the comments section

Autogeek.com - The products showcased are also on this page

List of Live Broadcast Videos

To make it easier to find and for me to share, all of our Live Broadcast Videos will be shared here with the most recent added to the top of this post.

33: The last LIVE class for 2020 it Thursday!

This Thursday - Mike and Yancy's Favorite Tools & Products & Why!

32: Michael Pena - Master Detailer & Trainer for SONAX and Trans-Am World!

Michael Pena travels around the United States detailing incredible cars. He also travel to multiple countries teaching detailing classes. Join us this Thursday during our LIVE broadcast and ask Michael any questions you might have about starting your own mobile detailing business.

31: Dr. Color Chip - How to fix rock chips without having to repaint your car!

On Thursday, November 19th at 3:00pm Eastern Time - the Dr. Color Chip Team will be here to teach us how to correctly use the Dr. Color Chip Rock Chip Repair System to fill in and repair rock chips!

30: How to make a car bead water without using a coating?

Mike and Yancy are back and will be showing you how to make a car bead water without using a coating. Some magic may be involved but you can do it! This is a perfect way to treat large vehicles and RV’s!

29: Headlight Repair - Sanding, Buffing or Both?

Mike and Yancy are back and will be getting to the bottom of headlight repair. Do you need to sand?? Can you just buff with a compound?

The guys will answer this question and help you see the light… Pun intended!

28: Taming the “BEASTS” - Tips, Differences & Maintenance

Mike and Yancy are back and will help you tame the 3 different version of the FLEX 8mm gear-driven orbital polisher aka the BEASTS!

FLEX XC 3401 VRG - the original corded BEAST. The word BEAST is spelled with all capital letters. This is the original BEAST, which is a 8mm gear-driven fixed orbit - orbital polisher. It's easily identified by the visible aluminum shroud at the head of the polisher.

FLEX XCE 10-8 125 - the new corded BEAST aka the Supa BEAST. The word Supa is short for super and only the first letter is capitalized and the word BEAST is all capital letters. This is a 8mm gear-driven fixed orbit orbital polisher.

FLEX XCE 8-125 18.0 - the cordless BEAST aka the CBEAST - The word CBEAST is spelled with all capital letters and the letter C before the word BEAST simply stands for cordless. This is a 8mm gear-driven fixed orbit orbital polisher using Lithium-Ion re-chargeable Batteries.

27: Ceramic Coatings: Tips, Tricks, Techniques and What's Next?

Mike and Yancy are back and this time talking about coatings. Benefits, how to apply, correct paint prep procedures and what is next in the world of coatings? They are going to be joined by Jeff McEachran from GYEON to take this discussion further. So if you are wondering about how to apply a coating or what to do if something goes wrong, this video will be for you.

26: An in depth look into the RUPES D-A Polishing System

Mike and Yancy are back and are taking you into the world of the RUPES D-A Polishing System this week. RUPES has always been a company that does everything in their power to make sure their machines and products are the most cutting edge technology in the industry. On top of that, they make sure that these high-performance products and machines are easily accessible and simple to use for detailers of any mastery level. Their original BigFoot system, they introduced color coding the pads and products so anybody would be able to pick up the system and start churning out jaw-dropping results. In their everlasting effort to advance the detailing industry as a whole, they developed ANOTHER extremely advanced and easy to use system of compounds, polishes, and pads called the RUPES D-A System!

25: An in depth look into the world of compounds

Mike and Yancy are back and are taking you into the world of compounds this week. What makes compounds different, how do you tell if it is a good compound or rocks in a bottle? Is it a diminishing or non-diminishing abrasive? Is it a heavy cut or just a cleaner wax? The guys will help you out so you can find that perfect compound for you.

24: Round table discussion with Auto Detailing Manufacturer's

Yancy and I are back and this time with a few industry guests. Have you ever wanted to ask a manufacture a question about one of their products? Well, now is your chance! Mike and Yancy will host a round table discussion with Justin Labato (Buff and Shine), Chris Metcalf (FLEX Power Tools), Jason Brennan (Lake Country Pads & Power Tools), Jim Lafeber (Dr. Beasley’s), and Rod Kraft (Griot’s Garage). The guys will be discussing new products, industry insights and maybe some of their tips and tricks too!

23: Must have tools and polishers explained

Yancy and I will go over some of the coolest tools in the industry that you must have in your detailing arsenal. I'll share my own tips and techniques as well as personal insights as we go through all the tools.

22: How to correctly compound and polish a car by hand

Mike and Yancy are back again - this time they will show you how to correctly compound and polish a car by hand. It actually takes MORE skill, muscle, perspiration and experience to work by hand than it does to work by machine. When I say WORK BY HAND - the context isn't simply smearing a wax over the hood of a car. By WORKING BY HAND - I mean - how you will MOVE YOUR HAND over the paint to ABRADE it and thus LEVEL it to remove swirls and scratches. It's a LOT harder than everyone thinks. A lot harder. And even if you know how to do it correctly, the amount of muscle i.e. work and time it will take to do just one section of one panel is more than you think. As in more work and more time and this is just for a small section.

21: How to machine polish glass to remove pits, wiper marks and scratches!

If you've ever wondered how to remove wiper marks, scratches or pits out of glass - watch this video and you'll see how it's done.

20: How to machine sand, cut and buff gelcoat and apply a ceramic coating to a boat!

After seeing the finished boat, Mike Phillips offered the owner the opportunity to bring his boat to Autogeek where they could re-sand, compound, polish and then install a ceramic coating to give the boat a show car or show boat finish while making it faster and easier to wash, clean and preserve the boat into the future. Watch this video to see how it's done!

19: Save tons of time - count your section passes OUT LOUD!

Learn why to count your section passes out loud and also how and why to buff out a panel using ONLY a back-n-forth pattern and NOT a crosshatch pattern. You need to know when to one and not the other. Put this technique into practice and I guarantee you can cut out up to an HOUR of wasted time, (maybe more) doing unnecessary section passes when buffing out a car.

18: The GET A NEW CUSTOMER KIT & Short Stroke Polishers for Newbies

In the first portion of this video we go over short stroke free spinning random orbital polishers. These are great polishers for anyone NEW to machine polishing to start out with. Showcased are the Griot's G9 and the Meguiar's MT300.

Next we share what I call the, "Get a new customer kit". These the things every detailer should have with them in their car so when you're talking to a potential customer you can show these products and demonstrate you really know your stuff.

17: How to Clean and Protect Alcantara (Microsuede)

Called by many different names: Alcantara - Microsuede - Dinamica - Miko Suede.

Lots of cars now come with Microsuede. Microsuede is a blend of 68% polyester and 32% polyurethane material, which gives it a unique look and feel while also being very durable and easier to take care of versus genuine suede leather.

Alcantara is a brand of Microsuede but there are now lots of manufacturers of this material and it has become very common and popular with car enthusiasts and for this reason it is being used more and more often in new cars, trucks, aircraft, boats and clothing and furniture.

It's important to use the correct products to both clean and protect micro-suede and in this live detailing class we'll go over how to use SONAX and Dr. Beasley's products on the micro-suede in this 2018 Carbon 65 Corvette - one of 650 built to celebrate the 65th anniversary of the Corvette marque.

16: How to correct finicky paint without micro-marring

Special guest Anthony brings his 2006 Black Raven Cadillac CTS-V to Autogeek's Show Car Garage for help dialing-in a paint correction process that leaves the soft factory paint free from any swirls or micro-marring and perfect for installing a ceramic paint coating.

15: Myths & Misconceptions in the Car Detailing World!

We cover a LOT of topics and set the record straight!

14: Kosmetic Engine Detailing

How to safely detail your car's engine and engine bay

13: How deep is too deep?

When buffing out the paint on your car how do you now when to STOP buffing to remove the deeper scratches so you don't burn through the paint? We cover this topic in this video.

12: How to safely do a waterless wash without scratching the paint

The correct techniques for using a waterless wash to wash a black car while creating scratch-free results.

11: Gear-Driven Orbital Polishers - Once Step Detailing

Yancy and I will be going over the benefits of gear-driven orbital polishers and using AIOs for one-step production detailing.

10: New Car LEATHER Detailing - 2020 C8 Corvette

Join Yancy and I this coming Tuesday as we walk through the process of taking care of leather seats while they're still brand new.

9: How to do a PREP WASH before paint correction and ceramic coating - 2017 Shelby Mustang GT350

Here's the 2017 Shelby Mustang GT350 we did a prep wash and mechanical decontamination to in order to prep for paint correction and ceramic coating.

8: How to correctly clean and protect canvas and vinyl tops - 1937 Ford Convertible Streetrod and 1971 Dodge 440 Charger R/T

Everything you need to know to clean and protect canvas cloth tops and vinyl tops.

7: Tire COATINGS - Not Tire Dressings

In this video we show how to prep your car's tires for a Tire Coating. Tire Coatings are very different than Tire Dressings or Tire Shines. We also go over tire dressings.

6: How to polish metal wheels quick and easy

In this video we show how to use the Mothers PowerCone to machine polish some oxidized Halibrand Mag Wheels. We also cover a lot of other wheel and tire topics as well as answer questions from the FB audience.

5: Everything you ever wanted to know about foam pads and microfiber pads including the history of both types of pads

I also share a machine buffing technique at the very beginning that should be one of your Best Detailing Practices

4: Wetsanding - How to reduce orange peel using the Scuff & Buff Technique

The easy and safe way to hand sand with machine sanding discs plus Rotary Buffer Techniques

3: How to use Meguiar's Mirror Glaze #7 Show Car Glaze to restore antique and original single stage paint

The infamous how to do the #7 Rub Down Technique is shared in this video.

2: My technique for buffing cars out fast! Count your Section Passes OUT LOUD!

Yeah, you can feel silly, but it really works. It's one of my personal Best Detailing Practices

1: How and Why to Inspect Your Microfiber Towels - So IMPORTANT! This is another Best Detailing Practices

It takes hours to buff out a car and only seconds to put scratches back into the paint -Mike Phillips

Mike Phillips & Yancy Martinez

Mike explaining to Yancy, what a video camera is and how to use one....

2. Likes PaulMys, VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Complete List of Live Broadcast Videos on YouTube - Yancy Martinez & Mike Phillips

Very cool, Mike.

Having all of them in one thread is awesome.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Mike Phillips

Re: Complete List of Live Broadcast Videos on YouTube - Yancy Martinez & Mike Phillips

Hmmm....

Any comments? What did you think about today's LIVE detailing class?

Post Thanks / Like

It was the most comprehensive discussion of compounds I've ever seen. Good job!
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I cant wait to see it!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Mike Phillips

Just added the latest LIVE Detailing Class to the top of the list above.

32: Michael Pena - Master Detailer & Trainer for SONAX and Trans-Am World!

Michael Pena travels around the United States detailing incredible cars. He also travel to multiple countries teaching detailing classes. Join us this Thursday during our LIVE broadcast and ask Michael any questions you might have about starting your own mobile detailing business.

Mike Phillips

LIVE Detailing Class today in about 25 minutes!

I have a number of guests with me today and we're going to open up for questions!