Greetings Gentlemen,

My name is Steve and I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself and a bit of my history with 'automotive paint care', and that is, pretty much none! LOL. Historically never been much of a beneficiary to paint systems on vehicles, not all my fault, all vehicles I have had were previously owned and already in poor condition and never knew how to properly fix em.

So were looking at pretty much 20+ years of -and gird your loins- 1 bucket filled with well water and whatever dish washing detergent/soap was present at the time and usually some cotton t-shirts for wash medium followed by a rinse with the same well water and (maybe) some turtle-wax, maybe, if the vehicle was 'lucky'.

LOL fairly comical now in retrospect, none the finishes on the vehicles got 'better', strange huh?

Moving forward to Sept 2014 where the decision was made to purchase the first and only new vehicle with the intent as an investment toward the future. And as such it became evident that whatever ills befell this vehicle would rest squarely on my shoulders, whether that be aesthetic or substantial and that was unacceptable to allow my ignorance to be an impediment to proper finish protection.

Thus began my research into 'boutique' car care. Which pretty much began with Optimum No Rinse as an anchoring point as it seemed to be commonly used and respected by many detailers which led to more products being showcased which in turn led to actual research on specific products which then provided a basic understanding of what to look for in car care products for my particular desires.

This is where I would like to express my sincerest appreciation to you gentlemen who so freely end enthusiastically disseminate your knowledge, experience and expertise in such copious amounts to those like me who 'haven't a clue'. And it is this knowledge I would like to put on display for your approval and acceptance that, 'it hasnt gone to waste.'

Now then, on to the Presentation:

Subject : 2013 zx10r Elle'

A walkaround provides a view that everything seems to be in order, clean and shiny...but lets have a closer look...

Whoops, this isnt good (BEFORE)

(AFTER)

The tank itself seems to be to the best of my ability to discern entirely flawless, it also seems to be the only fully clear coated item on the vehicle.

Some heavy metal flake.

Not normally a metal flake fan but this tickles me

This is the rear of the tank, normally scratched up and generally in poor condition for your average 'crotch-rocket', here, flawless.
More gratuitous shiny tank shots.

In this reflection shot you'll see the porch, the only structural protection from the environment.

The instrument cluster accrued some of its own minor swirls including more annoyingly, if you look dead center of the pic then trace out about 1 inch toward 3 o'clock several grey looking dots, where did they come from? I dunno, one day they just 'appeared', well today they're going to disappear. (BEFORE)

(AFTER) Gone!

The rear rim... THIS poor thing...

Seems the rear rim suffers all the muck and grime and punishment the rest of the vehicle avoids altogether. Well this wont do. (BEFORE)

(AFTER)

Went a little overboard on the rear rim shots, was really worried about the outcome so got a smidge excited from the results, yeah not perfect nor professional but for me, spectacular! In person the rim looks like liquid black metal.
This shot I thought was cool because the polished rim looked like smoothed plastic.

Speaking of plastic, well polycarbonate Lexan in any case. (BEFORE)

Little wonder here since its on the front of the vehicle and sustains most airborne dust and debris, also Lexan has little in the way of its own protection from the environment; c2v3 helped but there are limits. Also im positive applications of c2v3 caused some scratching, Lexan is pretty soft and c2v3 likes some firmness.

(AFTER) Molten plastic.

Note - any spots of glare are just reflections from the bodywork underneath the windscreen, not dust or imperfections.

In the end not much difference than the beginning from a distance, then again those who know

Ultimately its more about protection than appearance, plans for Elle' is a 20 year service life in the condition she was received off the showroom floor.

She was originally purchased Nov of 2014 and quickly received SYSTEM A ( Initiation ):

SYSTEM A : Gtechniq UV Wash.
303 Protectant
Gtechniq c2v3

as follows:

CORE SYSTEM is 2BM, natural sea sponges (3) obtained from Tarpon Springs sponge docks. MF towels. (pat dry where possible).

The 15 month polishing event just performed over the course of 2 separate days so as not to feel rushed included Lake Country CCS Euro foam hand pads Orange (2), White (2), Yellow Poly wax pads (2), Optimum Polish II, Optimum Finish Polish, Optimum Car Wax and other supporting cast members such as Iron-X and Tar-X.
As follows:

THE GANG

Subject : 2013 zx10r Elle'
Function: Daily Driver / Sole Source of Transportation
Purpose : Worry free transportation, longevity, efficiency
Structural Protection : Porch overhang
Physical Protection : Polyester UV stabilized motorcycle cover
Goal : 20 year Service Life in current condition ( 19 to go)

Skill Level : Chimp w/MF Towels! How much damage can I do, really!

Thanks for viewing, hope you enjoyed the presentation!

Steve