autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Longest acting Sealant for Michigan Winters?

Hello.. I,m a newbie to AG and have been feverishly reading posts all over this site as well as at others. Enough information here to completely confuse a neophyte like myself. I'm ready to take the plunge and purchase a RO buffer and all the associated tools and chemicals that I'll need to do the job.
    I've got four cars to take care of before winter hits here in Northwestern Michigan, two dark cars and two white . What brand of sealants should I use to give me the best looking results based on the color of the cars? More importantly, which brand of sealants will last the longest and get me through a long winter of road salts, slinging slush and the forced use of automatic car washes until I can reclean them in the spring? I need to here from you guys experienced with the wretched winters. thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like
    A few brand names that you should look into are Klasse, Duragloss, Collinite, and Zaino. Some are easier to work with than others and some look better than others but they all offer great prodection and durability.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you're looking for a long-lasting sealant, try Zaino.

Post Thanks / Like
    This winter I am doing the Duragloss..501 sealant/cleaner first..since its a great paint cleaner and very durable sealant.....plus has salt inhibitors in it since it was made for marine use..but is safe for car paint...then I am topping it with DG 105 sealant...and I am still contemplating doing a collinite over that...use the wax as a sacrificial barrier and let the sealant protect...since salt is a killer up here during the winter....

Other good products to use is Klasse Twins...and Zaino.....

I have used the Duragloss for 3 winters so far and its proven to work...and I have used the Klasse twins and its proven to work....I have used Zaino on other cars and it works well also....

those 4 would be my choice for a winter protection system....

AL

Post Thanks / Like
    as far as AG products...klasse, collonite, and duragloss are the way to g....i would say DG is the most user friendly....klasse and collonite tend to be a little tough to remove...all three have worked equally as well for me as far as durability...my personal preference is klasse as it works amazing on glass windshields with a little 0000 steel wool and works as a great paint cleanser....

Post Thanks / Like
    Like others have said, Klasse and Collinite are great offerings for winter protection. Last winter I used Klasse AIO topped with 2 layers of Collinite 845 and it worked very well. This year I might try WGDGPS topped with 845, or possibly 476. Although techinically not sealants, Collinite's waxes last a LONG time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino has the best durability, but since we dont carry it why not try Klasse twins or polycharged UPP. Both will get you thru winter with flying colors and last equally as long and quite rewarding. Let us know your final choice !

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Another vote for Klasse twins, Duragloss #105, and Collinite #476S.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)