autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: trying to reinvent myself

great posts everyone. I hope someone comes out of this thread enlightened in some way. Btw my lottery ticket failed, I got only 2 numbers right and 3 wrong. I didn't want to win anyway, I prefer to work for my money, which is why I only spend $20~ a year on lotto tickets.

I believe God supplies the needs that you have. I prayed the night I bought my website and God answered it directly, but it was a genuine need. Then I misappropriated that blessing. So I just have to focus on what God thinks I need right now, considering that fact. I don't think he agrees with me at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have any equipment?

Where are you located?

If you are close to me I would be willing to give you a 1-2 day crash course in detailing

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Do you have any equipment?

Where are you located?
    i'm in houston texas. I have a foam gun, 3 buckets, 3 brushes, a bunch of mf's, and a bunch of bottles that have chemicals which do various things. soap, interior cleaning, apc, tire dressings, clay bars, wax, etc. basic stuff

nice avatar

Post Thanks / Like

Notcreative... best advice I can give you since you have a computer and some time on your hands is this, Go to daveramsey.com. He has a couple weeks worth of his radio show posted there, you can read ALOT of info/watch some videos, he has 4 or 5 (maybe 7) best selling books you can probably check out of your local library.

He is religious as it sounds you are too, and he is very entertaining. Most of all you will learn how to change your ways and start winning with money God's way.

If you have any questions about anything DR just PM me and I would be HONORED to help you!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Wow to the OP!!

Dude, you couldn't be any harder on yourself if you tried.
    If you're able to draw a car then you've definitely got the advantage over me. I WISH I could draw ....... anything! Have you ever seen a stick person? That's the extent of my drawing ....... yikes, right?

You've found the right place to get yourself in a better place. Everyone (for the most part) is very friendly and obviously willing to help.

Cheer up.
    The Finishing Touch Auto Detail, LLC
    Serving Austin, TX | San Antonio, TX | Portfolio | Reviews | Contact Us

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    Notcreative... best advice I can give you since you have a computer and some time on your hands is this, Go to daveramsey.com. He has a couple weeks worth of his radio show posted there, you can read ALOT of info/watch some videos, he has 4 or 5 (maybe 7) best selling books you can probably check out of your local library.

He is religious as it sounds you are too, and he is very entertaining. Most of all you will learn how to change your ways and start winning with money God's way.

If you have any questions about anything DR just PM me and I would be HONORED to help you!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i'll check him out. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TFTADetail View Post
    Wow to the OP!!

Dude, you couldn't be any harder on yourself if you tried.
    If you're able to draw a car then you've definitely got the advantage over me. I WISH I could draw ....... anything! Have you ever seen a stick person? That's the extent of my drawing ....... yikes, right?

You've found the right place to get yourself in a better place. Everyone (for the most part) is very friendly and obviously willing to help.

Cheer up.
    Yea I've been surrounded with pure negativity and it has taken its toll, but it is what it is. It's the reality of the matter. I can't change it by the snap of a finger. It's not as simple as jumping up and down and saying I am a changed person. It's what you do, and what you do with the things that come your way. but if things are not coming your way, then there is no choice but to fall into it. That's a fact and it's why decisions that we humans make matter. If I go out and carelessly navigate through the world, well I'll end up dead in 1 day because I'll tell myself if I jump from this building, nothing will happen to me. That's the deception of positive thinking that I never want to fall into, and it depresses me when I see anyone falling into it. Most people don't realize while they're thinking positive delusional thoughts such as those, they are actually dwindling into negativity. They won't understand when someone tells them it's happening and will run away from it due to pride! One must instead take a realistic look at their life starting from young, and see what needs to be removed and what needs to be cherished. I don't believe that everything is relative, I believe that there is a good way and a bad way. On that note I'll add there's a reason why I don't believe you should stereotype judge people or cultures or subcultures that exist, because some of those people were brought up into a prideful way of thinking about something and haven't learned to think on their own and haven't had the opportunity to make their own choices yet. You can apply that to any group of people imaginable, who may have decided on something without knowledge that their decision was rooted on the worst foundation possible: pride.

tl;dr Pride leads to a false sense of emotional security

Post Thanks / Like

You cannot succeed, or fail, unless you try.

Here an odd read from Hunter S Thompson on giving advice to another person. Doubt it will help, but is interesting way to think.

Hunter S. Thompson On Finding Your Purpose | Your Friend's House

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by notcreative View Post
    great posts everyone. I hope someone comes out of this thread enlightened in some way. Btw my lottery ticket failed, I got only 2 numbers right and 3 wrong. I didn't want to win anyway, I prefer to work for my money, which is why I only spend $20~ a year on lotto tickets.

I believe God supplies the needs that you have. I prayed the night I bought my website and God answered it directly, but it was a genuine need. Then I misappropriated that blessing. So I just have to focus on what God thinks I need right now, considering that fact. I don't think he agrees with me at the moment.

If you are ever the recipient of a large sum of money, please send it my way if you'd prefer to work for it.

Also, you sound like one of my in-laws with how you leave everything up to your environment and higher power. She can't find a job and chalks it up to everyone but herself.

Without getting into that too much on a detailing forum, you need to have some personal responsibility and take charge and do something with yourself, by yourself, and for yourself. Life doesn't wait for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Rule #1...EVERYTHING that happens in your life you either cause or allow. Period. Take some responsibility, grow a pair, get out of your mommy's basement and go do something! This self-loathing is killing me! Ask for help if you need it, set some goals and do whatever it takes to achieve them. Problem solved.
    Wax On!

Post Thanks / Like

Is there any way we can see any of your drawings? ???

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.