autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re-Introduction, Nice to be Back!

Hi guys, I just wanted to re-introduce myself back to the forum. I see a lot of new to me guys on here and alot of the veterans from before.....like Bobby G, I'm glad to see you haven't stopped dropping the knowledge Bobby!

For all the guys who (may) remember me from before, its good to be talking with ya again, to the guys who don't, well I'm sorry I wasn't more memorable lol and to the new guys, I look forward to discussing the wonderful world of detailing with ya!

I stopped detailing for money about 10 months ago. I was blessed enough to be slammed with jobs but it wore me out. What did it for me was an oxidized 5th wheel RV that I buffed in the middle of summer, in 90+ degree heat and in the sun....for a week and half straight by myself. I would come home from a 10 hour shift and work on it until dark for about a 1.5 weeks e-v-e-r-y-d-a-y, and still working a 60+ hour work week. It was rough to say the least.

Once I completed the RV on a Friday night, it was picked up about 6 that evening and a 85 Vette was dropped off that was getting the whole deal, complete correction and all the works in and out. The RV wore me out and I had to have this thing ready for a Sunday show. I completed that and decided I was working waaay too hard, I didnt' have time with my wife and new daughter....so I cancelled the work I had lined up and stopped. I would do one here and there for friends but nothing like i was doing.....which was constant.

Needless to say I couldn't stay away any longer. Im going to give it another go....just not all out this time, maybe 2-3 a month. Spring is almost here and Ive had a couple calls so Im thinking hey, if I can keep it enjoyble and not have to meet crazy deadlines I should be happy.

Anyway, there have been a ton of new products released and the Bigfoot has my attention. Im' looking forward to it.

One other thing, show n shines are still amazing, Im glad to see the talent hasn't left this place!

Super Member Caleb@ImpeccableImage's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Re-Introduction, Nice to be Back!

I'd kill to be that busy with cars coming in for paint correction, but having a wife and son myself I can see how it would wear you out. You have definitely been blessed though. Look forward to seeing some of your work.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, I don't know how it is going to work out. Not all of them were paint corrections but enough that it would fill entire weekends because I wouldnt get home until 4 on Saturday which ate up half of my day alone.

I kinda ticked off some people by leaving them hanging after waiting for me. Some understood but some didn't, I felt bad about it but my daughter took her first steps when I was in the garage which was another thing that prompted my decision.

My first priority this time is to keep if fun.

I will try and post some of the stuff I have done but the whole photobucket thing drives me nuts lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you have the absolute right mindset. You can make a job out of something fun, but if that fun ever goes away, it's just another job. Keep the magic alive!
    Nova College of Dental Medicine Class of 2017
    Please check out my detailing YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

Mike Phillips

Hi Troy,

Good to see you back my friend... hope all is wel...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
    I think you have the absolute right mindset. You can make a job out of something fun, but if that fun ever goes away, it's just another job. Keep the magic alive!
    Yes sir, im going to try my best to keep it alive.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Hi Troy,

Good to see you back my friend... hope all is wel...

Thanks Mike, it sure looks like AG has grown amd you have the training classes down to a science. Excellent by the way.

Did I see a Mike Phillips book in thread on here? I know the last time I was hamgimg around here we were all badgering you to get it back out there lol. Im glad you did, im going to pick one up!

The amount of new products is crazy, im going to have to lesrn the new lingo on them. Im really interested in some of the new polishes that have come out, gonna br hard to pull me away from Menzerna though lol.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

back....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pureshine View Post
    Welcome back
    Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    back....

Thanks guys!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast