autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

New from Long Beach, CA

I've been lurking around these forums these past few weeks to help make a more informed decision on which DA polisher to get, and I figured since that I should finally say something now that my polisher has arrived. Sometime later today the 5" Lake Country back plate along with a few assorted LC buffing pads will arrive and I can put this thing to work

I really hope UPS is on time because in all my excitement, yesterday afternoon I washed my 2010 Audi A4 and went to work on it with detailing clay. The past 6 months I have had to park the car on the street due to a few big projects, one of which included installing drywall, all new lighting, and some new electrical circuits in my garage. And to be honest... seeing my car so dirty all the time and knowing that if I clean it, i had no place to keep it that way.... so she has been neglected. I actually had to use up two of those small Mothers clay bars to get the paint like glass. Unfortunately there is some water spotting and some very fine scratches, probably from people brushing up against such a dirty car.

I'll take some better photos later today once I finish detailing it today. I'm starting off the job running a 5.5" tangerine LC buffer pad with some Meguiars Solo Cut and Polish #86. I have a feeling anything less abrasive wont do the job.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New from Long Beach, CA

Welcome to AGO !!! Your car is looking good...
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Andrew from Strong Beach, I used to live on 7th St near Alamitos Ave.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Andrew! Love that Audi and that looks like Metallic blue?!

if you read this, let me know

Post Thanks / Like

welcome! and nice ride! also nice choice with the DA polisher! i live in california too in the bay area though!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to AGO. I am 10 mins away from Long Beach

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew LB View Post

I've been lurking around these forums these past few weeks to help make a more informed decision on which DA polisher to get, and I figured since that I should finally say something now that my polisher has arrived.

Cool.

Welcome to Autogeek Online!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well... I finished the car today after an unexpected delay when the pad that came on the Porter Cable DA polisher decided to come apart here it attaches to it's built-in back plate. I made a late friday afternoon emergency run 25 miles down to Irvine with zero protection on my paint and luckily Detailing.com had the Lake Country back plate and pads I had ordered.

I must say, those buffing pads I bought are fantastic. Combined with the Porter Cable, after a thorough polishing and coat of Meguiars Ultimate (synthetic stuff) liquid wax, the finish is smoother and more reflective than when I got it brand new, fresh off the transport ship from Germany. I special ordered the car so it didn't sit outside for more than a few hours while I signed my life away in the finance guys office. lol.

I'll shoot pictures in the morning after I clean the wheels and maybe give it a second coat of that wax. I've never used non-carnuba wax and for some reason it just doesn't seem like there's much protecting the paint... probably because it goes on and buffs off so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelzntoys View Post
    Welcome Andrew from Strong Beach, I used to live on 7th St near Alamitos Ave.
    Ah.. I'm on the other end of town near Seal Beach. 7th and Alamitos can be a pretty tough neighborhood, i hope your location has improved.

Welcome Andrew! Love that Audi and that looks like Metallic blue?!

if you read this, let me know
    It's Meteor Gray Pearl Effect. Depending on the lighting it can look either blue/gray or green/gray. I love the color, especially because Audi's pearl effect colors are not very common. Dealers tend to not order them because of the additional cost and many of them like my last Audi's Sprint Blue Pearl Effect are liked by a very select market.

Post Thanks / Like

To Autogeek Inline Andrew!

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Andrew!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast