autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Introduction

Post Thanks / Like

Introduction

I don't have a clue where this is going to end up but just wanted to stop by and say hi as a new member. I live in Southern Oregon. I'm old, gray and ugly. I enjoy racing my Harley against other bikes and anything to do with speed especially going through the corners. I just bought a new Ram 1500 outdoorsman and also have a 2012 Mercedes.

I Love detailing although I need to LOVE understanding it but it can't be any harder than getting speeding tickets. I just spent about $5,000 in detailing products BEFORE I found this forum.

I use to be a Deputy Sheriff back when they were still using horses.

13 1/2 years military - medically discharged.

I spend most of my evenings during the winter, in my 30x40 shop that has a stereo system, fridge full of cool ones, a micro-wave for mah pop corn. Summer months will catch me riding my Hog from State to State. Love tent camping.

Despise black cars but that's the color of my Mercedes.

Based on what I have read and the video's I've viewed on here, I think I'm going to thoroughly enjoy using them IF I can decide which ones. Geesh, what a selection. It's going to take me a few months to thoroughly read and understand all the regulations, etc about the forum.

Anyway If ya want to know more - "ask." Looking forward to making new friends and by far, really looking forward to making that "Black" monster I own, shine. The Ram truck is a colored with a Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl and that's not to difficult to put a shine on. Getting ready to start making mods to it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Introduction-img_0102-jpg   Introduction-img_0001-jpg   Introduction-img_0004-jpg   Introduction-img_0007-jpg  
    Last edited by slidder; 02-20-2012 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Typo

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Introduction

To AGO! Some good looking rides you have!
    Tim
    "I have done so much with so little for so long.
    Now I can do anything with nothing"

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to AGO!

You have some very nice toys.

Mike Phillips

Welcome to Autogeek Online!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dad07 View Post
    To AGO! Some good looking rides you have!
    TKS! Seems to be a really neat forum. Looking forward to learning a lot.

9 Dec, 2011 was when I bought my first Ram truck. So many problems with it I made the dealer buy it back. It was BLACK so I went with this Cherry red one. Now this one is giving me the very same problems.

I should have stayed with a Chevy but my buddy talked me into buying a Dodge. Love the truck but the constant problems are almost ready to make me take it back to the dealer and TELL them I want "another" new one. T

The Mercedes - well what can I say. Not a problem with it except being "black."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tw33k2514 View Post
    Welcome to AGO!

You have some very nice toys.
    TKS. Glad to be here. I have a lot of habits but the worst one is always looking for some new ride to purchase. Sorry I got the Ram though. The Hemi engine is a ticket getter for sure but it's the problems with it where I seem to be spending more time at the dealer than I am home.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Welcome to Autogeek Online!

Ah Geesh!!! I was doing great until I seen your vette. Had one just like it only it was blue and white. Sold it when I was headed by overseas and have kicked my butt ever since. I'm now looking for another one but it's gonna have to be in perfect condition because I don't have time to be working on it between detailing my other vehicles and riding the bike in the summer.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by slidder View Post

Ah Geesh!!! I was doing great until I seen your vette.

Don't feel bad... that' not my Vette, just a classic 1959 Corvette I de-swirled for a customer about 15 years or so ago...

I owned a Sanger Drag boat that I always called a Corvette on the water for 20 years though...

1970 Super Sanger Flat Bottom Drag Boat - V-Drive
    National Title Holder
    - 1976 Super Modified Class 1/4 Mile in 9 seconds at 122 mph.
    Owner/Driver: Rick Baker

This is what it looked like when I sold in in 2001, after 20 years of polishing and waxing...

My daily driver has a BBC and my new project also has a BBC...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Don't feel bad... that' not my Vette, just a classic 1959 Corvette I de-swirled for a customer about 15 years or so ago...

I owned a Sanger Drag boat that I always called a Corvette on the water for 20 years though...

1970 Super Sanger Flat Bottom Drag Boat - V-Drive
    National Title Holder - 1976 Super Modified Class 1/4 Mile in 9 seconds at 122 mph.
    Owner/Driver: Rick Baker

This is what it looked like when I sold in in 2001, after 20 years of polishing and waxing...

My daily driver has a BBC and my new project also has a BBC...

Tks for the update. But still doesn't take away my pain. :>) THEN you show me the boat. THAT was something, years ago, that I really wanted to get into. I saved and saved and then the first daughter was born then the second came along and then with that the bills for taking care of them, etc. I'm hoping that one day they might pay me back with a BIG present.